Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900059 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2018, 03:02:54 AM »

Knicks announce Media Day this year as Sept. 24. …Training camp then at their facility from Sept. 25 to Sept. 30. …Open practice at Madison Square Garden will be Sept. 29 at 1 pm.

I was a big Shawn Marion fan.  Terrific on the baseline and in transition.  Great defender.  Early smallball PF. Unorthodox shot, but I modeled my near-basket flip shot on both him and Antoine Jamison.  I shoot J's with the ball slightly behind my head a la Jamaal Wilkes, and for anything within 6 or 8 feet it's too slow to load, easier to use a Marion/Jamison little push-flip.  Works especially well after catching a pass on the baseline.  You can get those off in a hurry, before the defense can respond.

And as much as I like Marion, Magic was certainly an earlier Run and I'll Get it to you PG.  Hell, Marion was in a Worthy role.

I was at the big fake market a few days ago, and a guy who sells glasses had a NJ Jason Kidd clock.  It no longer worked, but he kept it up out of nostalgia.

So I'm playing the other week, and one guy has a decent sized patch of gauze over some injury.  After a few minutes the tape starts coming off.  He sees me look at the wound, and says it was from a dog bite.  He pauses a bit, then adds, "a police dog."  Well, I'm glad he got away and all, but it's rather an odd comment.  Then a bit later he explains that his job is training police dogs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:32:03 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2018, 04:05:15 AM »

The guys who started as guards on my HS team had this warm up where they’d methodically go to every spot within 18’ of the hoop, square their shoulders, hold the ball in front and just above the head, and shoot with just the wrist. Compared to competition, they weren’t that quick but if either could get an arm free it didn’t matter what shooting angle or coverage, the shot was usually going in.

From the film I’ve seen of Kadeem Allen, he has that in his game.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »

Any time we can potentially steal a player from the Celtics it's fun.

Rooting for Allen.  Dotson better come to play.

chipstern

• View Profile
Celtics
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »

We almost stole Red Auerbach once. 

He was on his way to the airport, but a cabbie talked him out of it...

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

I'm not quite sure signing a guy Ainge cut, is theft.

Its like grabbing a bag of trash left on the curb Sunday night, for pick-up by DPW Monday morning.

But if you have fun stealin' trash bags, so be it.

Auerbach?

Glad Auerbach came to his senses and put anger away.

Besides you guys had your Red, Celt's had their's.

And Auerbach could never find a good Chinese food in NYC.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:53:05 PM by bankshot1 »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »

Its like grabbing a bag of trash left on the curb Sunday night, for pick-up by DPW Monday morning.

Auerbach?

Weak Partisan Poppycock

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »

yeah, never mind

The dude sucks anyway

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »

Auerbach?

Weak Partisan Poppycock

That's not much of a rebuttal Chip, what is it that you object to?

I'll admit to the easy availability to good Chinese food in NYC, but I hope you understood that was TIC, but the rest is dead-on.

You want to steal Allen, a guy that Ainge cut, no problem here.

And Auerbach got over his anger at Kentucky-fried John Y Brown's idiotic meddling, stayed in Boston and rebuilt the '80s Celts from the late 70s clown-show.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:36:50 PM by bankshot1 »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »

Auerbach?

Weak Partisan Poppycock

Not much of a post. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 07, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »

Auerbach?

Weak Partisan Poppycock

Not much of a post.

Well Chip I addressed the points brought up specifically about the Celts, and dealt with them efficiently and accurately.

Apparently you had a problem, but since you've chosen snark rather than an articulate thought, I can only guess at the real source of your irritation.

Always a pleasure

and best of luck with the stolen bag of trash and your dim sum

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »

Yawn

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »

I think the Celts get beaten up in the frontcourt this year by the Bucks, Bulls, Sixers, and Pistons among others. Al’s not getting any younger. Theis is alright, but Baynes, big as he is isn’t that good.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

I think the Celts get beaten up in the frontcourt this year by the Bucks, Bulls, Sixers, and Pistons among others. Al’s not getting any younger. Theis is alright, but Baynes, big as he is isn’t that good.

If there is a weakness its the 4 /5, but its relative to crazy depth (for now) the Celts have at at 3/4. Baynes added muscle and toughness and a tenacity on the boards that the Cs needed. And they held their own against most teams. Theis was showing real defensive skills before he was injured. Al is Al, and is not a 5. But he's way under-rated. he's a solid 2-way guy. And there is the new kid that if his alarm clock works might show something. And Jaylen Brown is turning into a 2-way monster that can be a PITA all over the court.   

I'm not too worried. Greek freak is a headache for everyone and Embiid is a match-up horror, but I've seen enough dominant 76ers centers lose to the Celts over the years.

Hoops is still a team game, where 1 on 5 usually doesnt win. and the Celts have bought into playing team D, the team is disciplined and deep (though a roster spot may be opening soon-Jabari Bird, google him) and are going to be a bitch to defend. I'm so looking forward to watching them play 2-way ball.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:34:53 AM by bankshot1 »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2018, 01:35:34 PM »

If there is a weakness its the 4 /5, but its relative to crazy depth (for now) the Celts have at at 3/4. Baynes added muscle and toughness and a tenacity on the boards that the Cs needed. And they held their own against most teams. Theis was showing real defensive skills before he was injured. Al is Al, and is not a 5. But he's way under-rated. he's a solid 2-way guy. And there is the new kid that if his alarm clock works might show something. And Jaylen Brown is turning into a 2-way monster that can be a PITA all over the court.   

I'm not too worried. Greek freak is a headache for everyone and Embiid is a match-up horror, but I've seen enough dominant 76ers centers lose to the Celts over the years.

Hoops is still a team game, where 1 on 5 usually doesnt win. and the Celts have bought into playing team D, the team is disciplined and deep (though a roster spot may be opening soon-Jabari Bird, google him) and are going to be a bitch to defend. I'm so looking forward to watching them play 2-way ball.

Yes, by all means GOOGLE Jabari Bird. 

Oh, are we being snarky? 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 08, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »

Yes, by all means GOOGLE Jabari Bird. 

Oh, are we being snarky?

Oh Chip you woke up from your nap, good.

I read your 5AM post earlier today and saw you were still sleepy and yawning and I didn't want to disturb your much needed slumber.

Is it from Insomnia? incontinence? Indigestion?

Well good luck with whatever it is that keeps you awake in the middle of the night, and makes you feel compelled to inform Elba you're tired at 5AM.

And my post was in response to Fac's Celtics observations, and I thought I did so in a straight forward manner, much as I did to yours about Auerbach.

There was no intended snark on my end. I guess its coming from elsewhere.

As to Jabari Bird's midnight troubles, given recent discussions and given kid's publicly stated appetite for Celtic leftovers and garbage I thought I'd give him a heads up that Ainge may be setting Jabari aside Sunday night, and he may be available for pick-up.

All the best, and here's hoping you enjoy a good nights sleep tonight.

But if i could suggest, perhaps if you removed the bug you got up your ass, that will result in a more uninterupted slumber.

Sweet dreams, Chip.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:57:31 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1844