Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899976 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Ball Vs. Trier
« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »

Could find zero evidence, to coin a phrase, of this "rumored" deal.

What I did find were numerous reports of the Lakers' promise to draft Robinson. 

They took Wagner instead.  Nice player.  More advanced technically at this point, at least on the offensive end.  Not sure he has Robinson's upside, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY53SR3Zviw

What I did stumble upon was this UCLA vs Arizona duel, in which Lonzo Ball and Alonzo Trier really went at it and acquitted themselves nicely. 

Knox
Robinson
Trier

Pretty nice haul. 

PS: Rondo may be starting, but that is more a reflection of accommodating LeBron, and allowing Lonzo to fully heal and to learn from Rajon.  I don't see the Lakers dangling Lonzo for anything, and when he is healthy, he is the lead sled dog for sure.

Ian Begley: David Fizdale has been impressed by Allonzo Trier this far. He said the Knicks have charted six chase-down blocks from Trier in scrimmages dating back to Summer League. Trier is on a two-way contract.
– via Twitter IanBegley

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #841 on: September 27, 2018, 03:56:28 PM »

"Celts are the #1 team in the East......."

Raptors won the division

Cavaliers won the conference

Warriors won the league.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:59:23 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 27, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »

No one promulgated shit. but knock yourself out. 

You read one article that supports  your bias and you write with biblical certitude what you feel will happen.

promulgate this.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 27, 2018, 07:29:28 PM »

No one promulgated shit. but knock yourself out. 

You read one article that supports  your bias and you write with biblical certitude what you feel will happen.

promulgate this.

Haha.

Nicely played...

However, I seem to have this vague recollection of a Facebook Friend, name of Kamiar (any relation?), earnestly asking if (IF) signing Butler guaranteed us getting Irving, would I still be opposed to giving up our #1.

There is the narrative that has been promulgated, conjecture based on more conjecture, based on wish fulfillment of a circle jerk, inculcated in the Classic Recipe by Iron Chef SHORT ORDER COOK for Minute Rice A La Melo

Kam.  Makes His Own Gravy. 

Silly me. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 27, 2018, 07:32:12 PM »

That is me on Facebook Chipper.  Howdy!

chipstern

• View Profile
Delay Climax
« Reply #845 on: September 27, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »

It's all good, Kam-A-Matic. 

Where we differ, well, not differ, really, is in my stubborn patience with a slower, less rewarding process. 

And my willingness to take our lumps and allow that process to gestate. 

I have seen the appeal of the shiny object derail our franchise too many times. 

No less a handicapper than Biz, sees Mills as a congenital loser based on his faux pas concerning Hardaway, Baker and the Noah divorce. 

Fair enough. 

However, I see someone who has participated and frankly been complicit in any number of Knicks Front Office Brain Farts.  ANd I like the team he has assembled. 

Where we differ, is in my sense that he has learned from his mistakes, as has Dolan. 

Nagel sees Perry as a loser. 

I see someone who has also made his share of mistakes, but whose signature move so far, was to complete the Melo process in a gentlemanly manner, to resist pressure to send him packing for a bag of beans, and who maintained diplomatic relations with Melo, and whose final haul was Kanter, Mudiay and Robinson (not Ryan FUCKING Anderson). 

No more Phil aftertaste.  These Knicks, and these front office people, have tried every other approach, and failed with every other approach, and having now committed to a Coach where they are all on the same page and the mantra is Youth, Rebuild and (call me a Pom Pom Gurl) PATIENCE, I for one am willing to postpone orgasm. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:14:03 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #846 on: September 27, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »

Apparently Courtney, Baker and our #1 would not have been a winning offer. 

The Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly sought Ben Simmons in a potential Jimmy Butler trade with the Philadelphia 76ers. Appearing on The Bill Simmons Podcast on Thursday, The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor explained just how high the Timberwolves’ asking price is for their disgruntled shooting guard: “One of the things that I’ve heard from a handful of sources is that—with the Sixers for example—the initial offer that they made, the counter-offer was like, ‘We need Ben Simmons in a deal.'”
– via Bleacher Report

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Meanwhile, Butler collects paychecks, and refuses to play with his team. 

FUCK

JIMMY

BUTLER

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 27, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »

Taylor has options

But would you call Butler's bluff, refuse to pay him, rather than work a deal?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 27, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

Taylor has options

But would you call Butler's bluff, refuse to pay him, rather than work a deal?

Bluff?

Yes. 

He has a signed contract for just under $20 Million. 

Was disgruntled in Chicago and Minnesota ponied up a big package of assets to give him a second chance. 

Refuses to practice with his team? 

Willing to sit out the season?

Hey, in deference to your principles, we won't insist you suit up. 

WE JUST WON'T PAY YOU. 

No problema. 

PS: What Wolves are putting out there in terms of "deals" are utterly absurd.  BEN SIMMONS?  Seriously?  Thibs must be drinking absinthe. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:10:57 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Delay Climax
« Reply #849 on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »

Where we differ, well, not differ, really, is in my stubborn patience with a slower, less rewarding process. 

I admit there is no - one way to build a team - but the slow stubborn process isn't a guarantee either.

Plenty of teams (Atlanta under Mike Woodson for instance) have a decent 3-4 year run from 20 something wins to 50+ build teams slow and stubborn.

MJ's Hornets.

The Bucks.

etc.

But those teams aren't NY.  They don't have the cache.  They can't pull off big Free Agents.  Or be on the short list for impending free agents.

We have - however diluted it now is - the advantage of playing in the Mecca.

Players still seem to hold being a Knick in some regard.

Its different from being an Orlando Magic,  Magi?  Mogwai?

When we CAN exploit this advantage we should always at least consider the SHOULD aspect.

That is all.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: PS
« Reply #850 on: September 27, 2018, 09:25:46 PM »

Apparently Courtney, Baker and our #1 would not have been a winning offer. 

The Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly sought Ben Simmons in a potential Jimmy Butler trade with the Philadelphia 76ers. Appearing on The Bill Simmons Podcast on Thursday, The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor explained just how high the Timberwolves’ asking price is for their disgruntled shooting guard: “One of the things that I’ve heard from a handful of sources is that—with the Sixers for example—the initial offer that they made, the counter-offer was like, ‘We need Ben Simmons in a deal.'”
– via Bleacher Report

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Meanwhile, Butler collects paychecks, and refuses to play with his team. 

FUCK

JIMMY

BUTLER

Is that Thibs/Layden talking or the owner Glen Taylor?

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: $1.99 for a limited time
« Reply #851 on: September 27, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »

The NBA believes it has the answer, and starting with the 2018-19 season, you’ll be able to buy portions of individual games through micro-transactions.

In a press release on Thursday, the NBA announced new offerings being added to its “NBA League Pass” program, which allows fans to watch out-of-market games over streaming services. These are being expanded to include the option for fans to buy single quarters of games, a revolutionary move that could change how fans consume live sports.

For current NBA League Pass subscribers all their viewing options will remain available, however fans can now pay $1.99 to watch from the conclusion of the third quarter until the end of the game.

how about a .25 cent option.?

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Delay Climax
« Reply #852 on: September 27, 2018, 10:26:57 PM »

I admit there is no - one way to build a team - but the slow stubborn process isn't a guarantee either.

Plenty of teams (Atlanta under Mike Woodson for instance) have a decent 3-4 year run from 20 something wins to 50+ build teams slow and stubborn.

MJ's Hornets.

The Bucks.

etc.

But those teams aren't NY.  They don't have the cache.  They can't pull off big Free Agents.  Or be on the short list for impending free agents.

We have - however diluted it now is - the advantage of playing in the Mecca.

Players still seem to hold being a Knick in some regard.

Its different from being an Orlando Magic,  Magi?  Mogwai?

When we CAN exploit this advantage we should always at least consider the SHOULD aspect.

That is all.

Fair enough. 

To address one of your points. 

In what way, have you observed the clear cachet of the Knickerbockers or the allure of this major market in any free agent outreach over the past 20-25 years? 

What did it yield us? 

Joakim Noah

Amare Stoudamire

Jerome James

A trade for Carmelo Anthony, with his free agency looming, not unlike Butler, and an analogous desire to get a max contact now rather than later, wherein we eagerly gutted our team of young talent and draft choice for this once in a lifetime talent.  And thus, eliminated any hope of assembling complementary talent to so enable Anthony's talent.  What free agents did we attract during Melo's Knicks ascendancy, with all of his star power and talent, and the irrefutable allure of the MECCA--in the form of MSG and New York City. 

Did all of that star power and allure work on Grant Hill, Chris Bosh, Kevin Durant? 

So yes, there are many ways to build a contender. 

We have tried the star power and the allure route, we have overpaid for free agents and sacrificed youth and draft picks. 

And has it worked?

And so, now that we have arrived at the Sixers-Celtics trust the process, build through youth and the draft route, well, I for one would like to see us allow it proceed, without any burps and belches and back-stepping. 

That's all. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 27, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »

The Strategy has worked...

when we want a guy, we have a more than fair shot at getting them,

perhaps only other team is the Lakers who can make that claim...

... the error was the targets selected.

Jerome James Joakim Noah... 

the METS sucked for years because they were afraid to give out money to a big Free Agent because of Bobby Bonilla.

Scared money don't make none.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 27, 2018, 10:43:39 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1844