Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908968 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2055 on: November 18, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »

This is a wonderful rebuild season. Develop youngsters, lose entertainingly, and be competitive next year. More of a matter of developing MR than dropping Enes?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 18, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »

This is a wonderful rebuild season. Develop youngsters, lose entertainingly, and be competitive next year. More of a matter of developing MR than dropping Enes?

what the hell are you watching?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »

This starting lineup is an abomination, things getting kind of unwatchable. On the positive side, Zion train is coming our way....

*** marc gasol is really happy this year
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:52:55 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 19, 2018, 12:32:26 AM »

this is Hawthorne Wingo era redux.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 19, 2018, 06:25:59 AM »

Harthorne Wingo won a championship.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 19, 2018, 10:06:09 AM »

This is a rebuild year. Better than winning 29 with expensive OTH players. Knix are the youngest team in the league and there is budding talent.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »

this is Hawthorne Wingo era redux.

That would make you Ziggy Starburst

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:00:39 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 19, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »

We may not be able to win without his D, but when he’s giving goose eggs his D doesn’t help us win.

Last night was a rather extreme rebuttal of the above.

Goose eggs on O. (not surprising as he was parked in the corner most of the time)

22 minutes tonight with Frank on the court Knicks had a 91.5 DRtg.

26 minutes with Frank of the court the Knicks had a 166 DRtg.

If you watched, you know.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 19, 2018, 11:00:44 AM »

Speaking of watching, I may be doing a bit less. The season is already getting a little tiresome.

Adam Silver may have put the final feather on a decade-long progression toward defense-free ball. Those who still excel at the art despite the handicaps really are magicians.

Call me what you will, but I find nothing exciting about watching crap teams put up 130 points. It's like watching rec league ball and I certainly wouldn't pay for that.

Just saying.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 19, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »

We may not be able to win without his D, but when he’s giving goose eggs his D doesn’t help us win.

Goose eggs on O. (not surprising as he was parked in the corner most of the time)

Thank you. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Something For Everyone...
« Reply #2065 on: November 19, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »

Speaking of watching, I may be doing a bit less. The season is already getting a little tiresome.

Adam Silver may have put the final feather on a decade-long progression toward defense-free ball. Those who still excel at the art despite the handicaps really are magicians.

Call me what you will, but I find nothing exciting about watching crap teams put up 130 points. It's like watching rec league ball and I certainly wouldn't pay for that.

Just saying.

I feel you.

But I'm experiencing it the other way. 

There are bursts of individual excellence, sort of coming and going as Fizz keeps tweaking his lineups. 

Hardaway and Burke emerging as genuine offensive threats, likewise Mudiay. 

[Interesting stat for Ziggy...Hardaway #2 in he league behind Lowry for taking charges]. 

Our Three Rooks have been up and down.  Trier in particular coming down to Earth, offensively, though his assists are up.  Knox looks befuddled and Robinson basically getting his G-League time against NBA competition the likes of Anthony and Nikola, which is...uh, a source for embarrassment. 

Likewise, on offense, those who are ready to buy out Kanter, pointing to Mitchell's innate defensive potential, well, at the moment, when Mitchell is out there, it's like we're playing 4 on 5 offensively, as he has NO GAME, outside of rolling to the hoop (been missing most of his recent attempts there) and put-backs.  I'm not breaking on the kid, but, this is what throwing a tadpole into the deep end of the pool with full grown gators looks like. 

But of course, let's get rid of Kanter because he's a defensive liability.  Uh huh.  Meanwhile who amongst our front court players is even coming close to his points or boards. 

There was a stretch when Robinson was basically playing PF next to Kanter's Center, and that showed some promise, as did Vonleh playing alongside him. 

Right now, Knox and Hezonja are out of sorts (or in my main man Stupor Mario's case, out of the rotation). 

I get Fizz's good intentions in trying to start all three of his rooks for future development. 

However, he is doing a player such as Knox no favors in tossing him out there to get undressed and over-matched defensively against much more experienced players. 

For me, accepting the reality of our loses, both based on extreme youth, soft tanking and lack of cohesion (on both the players AND the coaches part), there are still enough moments, as was it Luee suggested, of positive play and competitive tenacity (such as how we came back in the second quarter yesterday, instead of simply folding up like a cheap beach chair as recent "vet" Knicks teams, well, VETERAN'S HOSPITAL Knicks teams, would). 

As such, confounding as the inconsistency might be, it fulfills the stated mission of Kamster and Don Carlos to compete hard, show growth and position ourselves for the possibility of Zion, however remote. 

Meanwhile, gratifying to see Timmy's growth as an all around NBA scoring guard, taking charges, getting to the FT line, serving up assists...Trey and Mudiay finding their offensive games.

And of course, nothing quite like Ziggy Starbust getting to shout we suck, We Suck, WE SUCK at the top of his lungs...or as Zero Mostel sang in A FUNNY THING HAPPENED TO ME ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM...

"Something for everyone, a comedy TONIGHT."

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 19, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »

Thank you.

Let’s say after his steal he had hit the layup or got the foul, or even better the and 1 instead of being swatted by Ross. We’d have been down 5 or 6 with momentum and five minutes on the clock. What is the best path to help Frank gain the timing, craft, and confidence to regularly hit that shot? I’m sure he will get it and be the most valuable guard on his team when he does.

I can see where having Frank on a noticeably shorter hook than our other players may help reinforce points of emphasis in his development while also giving Mudiay and Burke reps and opportunity to showcase themselves. Somebody is going soon, and it might be nice if that somebody got us something in return rather than hit the waiver wire.

I just think Frank needs the opportunity to have games where he misses 4, hits 2, misses 3, then hits 5, feeling his way into games through mistakes.

I like starting Mitch. Should he survive the season, which seems likelier given his limitations leading to quick hooks and low miles, he’ll have a real sense of where he needs to be heading into the offseason. Kanter is a good guy both for Mitch to practice against and to carry the load this season.

There is a ton of development to do and a lot of season left to do it in. It wasn’t that long ago that Orlando looked like us with basically the same personnel they play now, but through development they look like a decent team this year. That path exists and the hope that we are on a similar path takes a lot of the sting out of the game by game results.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 19, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »

Mudy 5-8 in 22 minutes

Yep - scorer.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 19, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »

What is the best path to help Frank gain the timing, craft, and confidence to regularly hit that shot? I’m sure he will get it and be the most valuable guard on his team when he does.

I can see where having Frank on a noticeably shorter hook than our other players may help reinforce points of emphasis in his development while also giving Mudiay and Burke reps and opportunity to showcase themselves. Somebody is going soon, and it might be nice if that somebody got us something in return rather than hit the waiver wire.

I just think Frank needs the opportunity to have games where he misses 4, hits 2, misses 3, then hits 5, feeling his way into games through mistakes.

Well, that's the question isn't it. Not sure of the answer, just know it has to happen. Against the Pelicans, the first game after the "yank," he came back and did this kind of stuff in a handful of minutes.

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&GameID=0021800222&GameEventID=159&Season=2018-19&title=Ntilikina%2017%27%20Pullup%20Jump%20Shot%20(2%20PTS)&sct=plot

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&GameID=0021800222&GameEventID=167&Season=2018-19&title=Kanter%201%27%20Reverse%20Layup%20(4%20PTS)%20(Ntilikina%201%20AST)&sct=plot

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&GameID=0021800222&GameEventID=200&Season=2018-19&title=Ntilikina%2015%27%20Pullup%20Jump%20Shot%20(4%20PTS)%20(Burke%201%20AST)&sct=plot

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&GameID=0021800222&GameEventID=192&Season=2018-19&title=Burke%2025%27%203PT%20Jump%20Shot%20(7%20PTS)%20(Ntilikina%202%20AST)&sct=plot

So maybe he does need more yanks. Who knows. What I know is that he's the only plausible answer at permanent PG on our roster and remains exceedingly plausible in my mind. Guys who get hot every other game and leak like a sieve every game are a dime a dozen.

Playing a guy who can D like he does rarely hurts us. What hurts us is to extol a new defensive culture with your lips and hand out playing time like candy to folks who can't guard a sponge. Maybe that's part of the reason Gasol detested him with a capital D.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:09:14 PM by lesterdog »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »

Perry goofed big letting Troy Williams go for Mario. We lost the better player on the better contract.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1847