Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900210 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2700 on: December 11, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »

Bo - this year's Jae Crowder / Demarre Carroll is Dorian Finney Smith. He's going to get a decent contract this summer.

I've liked what I've seen of Finney-Smith.
Looked good v NYK.
And I've seen DAL two other times.
Good energy, smart player.

Also, Check out Okogie.  He's intriguing as well. Mr Effort type.

DAL v. HOU.  Doncic was having a messy game.  lot of effort, but not getting much done.  Good plays mixed with bad.  But then down 8 with under 3 mins left, Luca popped in a wide open corner 3.  Then did a step back straight on 3 over Capela!  Hit a short midrange shot getting free in the paint.  then another stepback 3 over Capela.  A Doncic 11-0 run (helped that CP3 missed a pair of FT's in the middle), and DAL won.  Crazy.  Doncic really has a knack.  He works hard and tries all the time, and when he gets hot even questionable shots work.  The guy has that special something.  It will be something when he tightens up his game, but the razzle is part of his package.  Having a terrific season.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
But WHY Tho?
« Reply #2701 on: December 11, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »

Fizdale said he would never allow his young prospects — Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox and Ntilikina — to try a game in the G League when their minutes were reduced, feeling he’d rather have them under his supervision. Before last season, the Knicks hired Craig Robinson as player developmental director to upgrade the prestige of their G League program.

This is a slap at the Knick organization.  The G-League should be a legit breeding ground for our young talent.
It's Westchester. They can play in G League AND come sit on the bench under his supervision.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 11, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

Also, a different position, but check out Monte Morris.
A #51 pick in 2017, he's having a great season for DEN.
Very solid all-around game, doesn't make mistakes.  Plays hard. 
Really they got lucky, because MM is better than the erratic Wil Barton, and they probably wouldn't have found out without Barton getting injured.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:49 PM »

Let the guy coach how he sees fit.

And I like all this experimentation.
And without legit starters at some positions, everyone gets a shot.

I've been critical of Trier at PG.  But I could see it paying off down the road.  As Trier could feel more confident handling the ball and making passes, whether or not he ever plays PG again.  Fizz simply said you don't know if Trier can do it unless you give him an op and see how it goes.  This is a non-playoff/development year, so I'm onboard with see what works.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 11, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

WIZ lost another game.
Sato with a decent stat line but finished -23.
Uber netted 23 points on 9-14 FG, along with 7 FT's, 5 boards, 3 steals and a block.  But I guess I should lament just one assist ...

Wall was out (bone spurs) and OP3 left after 7 mins with a thigh booboo.  Oubre played 37 mins filling in for Porter.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: But WHY Tho?
« Reply #2705 on: December 11, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »

Fizdale said he would never allow his young prospects — Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox and Ntilikina — to try a game in the G League when their minutes were reduced, feeling he’d rather have them under his supervision. Before last season, the Knicks hired Craig Robinson as player developmental director to upgrade the prestige of their G League program.

This is a slap at the Knick organization. The G-League should be a legit breeding ground for our young talent.
It's Westchester. They can play in G League AND come sit on the bench under his supervision.

Uh, NO IT ISN'T.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:10:50 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 11, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »

I've been critical of Trier at PG.  But I could see it paying off down the road.  As Trier could feel more confident handling the ball and making passes, whether or not he ever plays PG again.  Fizz simply said you don't know if Trier can do it unless you give him an op and see how it goes.  This is a non-playoff/development year, so I'm onboard with see what works.

Maybe Fizz has the right approach but he is explaining it the wrong way. 
He speaks of the G League as if it were solely a demotion. 
He has to get his foot out of his mouth out of his head out of his ass.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 11, 2018, 02:03:35 PM »

I think the Knicks "organization" is beyond insult.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 11, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »

The G League produced some of our top guns:

Junior Hardaway, Damyean Dotson,

and previously Langston Galloway

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 11, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »

Maybe Fizz has the right approach but he is explaining it the wrong way. 
He speaks of the G League as if it were solely a demotion. 
He has to get his foot out of his mouth out of his head out of his ass.

Fizz is NOT Demeaning The G-League. 

Hell, Burke recaptured his mojo there. 

His is prioritizing having the likes of Robinson & Knox taking their lumps at the major league level, and practicing every day with the A-Team. 

And next season, unless my man Mario gets his game in gear, one might expect young Hicks to take the next step. 

Knicks and C-Lee have apparently concluded some major minutes in Westchester might facilitate him getting in rhythm.  And punch his ticket out of town to a contender. 

Fizz apparently prefers to use the Pine and the concept of a TIME OUT to double clutch our yute.  Seems to have had a pretty good effect on Dotson and Ntilikina.  And Burke. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The double-double machine
« Reply #2710 on: December 11, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »

We don't NEED much from a 23-29 win team.

How much did we NEED Kyle O'Quinn?  Or Michael Beasley?  The Forum wanted to keep both.

Enes is a much better player than those two. Why you want an automatic double-double out of town? Just make a reasonable offer and see if he accepts.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Luka
« Reply #2711 on: December 11, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »

DAL v. HOU.  Doncic was having a messy game.  lot of effort, but not getting much done.  Good plays mixed with bad.  But then down 8 with under 3 mins left, Luca popped in a wide open corner 3.  Then did a step back straight on 3 over Capela!  Hit a short midrange shot getting free in the paint.  then another stepback 3 over Capela.  A Doncic 11-0 run (helped that CP3 missed a pair of FT's in the middle), and DAL won.  Crazy.  Doncic really has a knack.  He works hard and tries all the time, and when he gets hot even questionable shots work.  The guy has that special something.  It will be something when he tightens up his game, but the razzle is part of his package.  Having a terrific season.

DONCIC, that’s the guy I wanted. Pity that ship has sailed!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The double-double machine
« Reply #2712 on: December 11, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »

We don't NEED much from a 23-29 win team.

How much did we NEED Kyle O'Quinn?  Or Michael Beasley?  The Forum wanted to keep both.

Enes is a much better player than those two. Why you want an automatic double-double out of town? Just make a reasonable offer and see if he accepts.

I don't know... i think the value of the "walking double double" is overrated in today's game.

A) With faster space and scoring up there are more possessions and shot attempts taken - so more opportunities to get 10 and 10.
B) He would probably need to average 20 and 15 to make up for the lack of defense
C) Can't shoot threes, or even the standard Kurt Thomas /  David Lee 2-Pt Set shot. 
D) Needs to score off of misses.  Has limited low post game against good defenses.
e) double double in Pt/Rebs is the easiest type of double double to find a replacement for.  He is big and near the rim.  Not an exclusive skill. 
f) He is an "Elite" rebounder on the offensive glass.  Not much else in his game.  Not a slick passer.  Average IQ.  Clueless on D though effortful.

What's that worth?  A Mario Hezonja type deal maybe.  But I wouldn't prioritize Enes this summer and he will probably take an offer before we get around to him.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

---While New Orleans is trying to win enough to convince Davis to stay, the rest of the league is ruminating about what it would take to pry Davis away. Such speculation is happening constantly now, but executives around the league see virtually no chance that Davis is traded before the Pelicans can offer him that super-max extension in July. New Orleans, as it should, will do everything it can to keep Davis — and will move on from him only if it absolutely has to.---

Best big in the NBA?

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:24 PM »

Davis? Probably yeah. Who’s better?

Kam, your breakdown on Kanter is spot on. You might be overvaluing him. Baker money is the most I’d pay.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1844