Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964108 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3120 on: December 27, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

Bo, here's the new NBA Draft Rules:

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/09/28/nba-board-governors-approves-changes-draft-lottery-system

I should have said top 4 not top 5, all have similar chances picks 1-3 having a 14% chance (#1 used to have 25%), 2nd has 12.5% and 5 gets 10.5%.

As for the worst record team, the guaranteed lowest pick is 5 now instead of 4.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 27, 2018, 11:39:33 AM »

In other worrying NBA draft news for us...

More and more scouts I hear identify an "ocean" as a gap between Zion (who's suggested not at Lebron level) and #2 (Barrett) in terms of talent, and in general express reservations about this year's draft. I heard Jonathan Wasserman of Blecher Report on Knicks Film School call it "pretty weak" after Barrett (so picks #3 and below) as it's made up of a giant pack of players that he claims are difficult to separate.

So, if you don't get top 1 or 2 at this point sounds as though chances of getting it right with one's pick is more of a "crapshoot" and makes relying upon it all the more concerning if you are trying to use it to build a team as some hope it willl.

We're gonna need a lot of Ommmmms this summer that's for sure.

One player he mentioned the Knicks might look at - suggesting that need is then what may be the "tie breaker" if you can't differentiate players clearly enough - is Ja Morant from Murray State, as he's a PG who's a top level athlete who can pass/create/handle the ball(!) and rising.

Last thing he said, was "I think [Frank] will be successful, but not in New York."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:57:33 AM by PrezIke »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 27, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »

Draft picks are rarely - if ever - sure things. 

The 76'ers 'process' (everyone only remembers Simmons and Embiid ... maybe Saric) had its own share of lesser picks. 

Nerlens Noel, J' Okafor to name a couple.

That is why as an organization you must stomach multiple lotteries.

In our net we've caught KP, FN, KK and another to come.

If we get a 50% success rate thats fine.  Hope for better.  But you take the good with the bad.

The 2018 draft looks like a three-run HR

the 2019 draft might only be a ground rule double

We survive on the strength of our former selections.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 27, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »

I hear and understand that, but will KP really want to stick around for that? I think he may bounce if we don't get significantly better going into next season.

We need the higher pick not even for the player, but the hope and/or asset that they could become.

I think that's part of the problem with the Knicks, combined with high salary players still here no wherenear worth their cost like THJ and having to stretch Noah's awful contract (I heart Phil) we've really not helped ourselves.

Also, Philly had some top top top level draft picks.

I like Knox and Robinson, but no one rates them as high as some of us. They can all come good, but we also have to come to terms with Frank's future as not looking great and could become a wasted pick.

Thank goodness for Trier and Vonleh could be a decent asset/rotation player on a good team.

Kanter needs to go, but we all know that's likely going to happen anyway, but as much as I am glad to see us go with youth, we are in a very precarious situation this year/summer and it's tough to tell if it could lead to further set back for the next 3-5 seasons or a major turnaround. I think you could argue either is plausible if we're being honest.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: FWIW if we don't win the lotto
« Reply #3124 on: December 27, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: December 27, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »

Noel and Okafor examples show why we shouldn't be upset or embarrassed to deal Frank.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 27, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »

Hope New Orleans gets Zion.

????

Help them keep AD.  He needs a running mate.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 27, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »

????

Trading AD only way Pels get ZW

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 27, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »

In other worrying NBA draft news for us...

More and more scouts I hear identify an "ocean" as a gap between Zion (who's suggested not at Lebron level) and #2 (Barrett) in terms of talent, and in general express reservations about this year's draft. I heard Jonathan Wasserman of Blecher Report on Knicks Film School call it "pretty weak" after Barrett (so picks #3 and below) as it's made up of a giant pack of players that he claims are difficult to separate.

So, if you don't get top 1 or 2 at this point sounds as though chances of getting it right with one's pick is more of a "crapshoot" and makes relying upon it all the more concerning if you are trying to use it to build a team as some hope it willl.

We're gonna need a lot of Ommmmms this summer that's for sure.

One player he mentioned the Knicks might look at - suggesting that need is then what may be the "tie breaker" if you can't differentiate players clearly enough - is Ja Morant from Murray State, as he's a PG who's a top level athlete who can pass/create/handle the ball(!) and rising.

Last thing he said, was "I think [Frank] will be successful, but not in New York."

Ike do you get a chance to see the games?

Williamson is a freak athlete and a special player.  But others do impress.

Ask Bank about Hachimura.  He will fill you in

(Seriously though you have to like Barrett and Bol.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 04:33:12 PM by kiiidcarter8 »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 27, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »

Waiting to see Murray State's PG.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 27, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »

????

Trading AD only way Pels get ZW

We are talking about the lottery and the odds may be low, but not zero. 
New Orleans is unlikely to be a playoff squad.
Only PHX has a worse record out west!

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 27, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »

the first episode of Games of Thrones was called "winter is coming"

should have been used in 1999 when Dolan took control.

example.

Media Relations (Wikipedia)
Dolan rarely speaks with members of the media and communicates to the press through released statements or in interviews with MSG Network. In 2000, Dolan instituted media training for all Garden employees who might deal with the press and instituted an ironclad rule against team personnel criticizing others in the organization via the media.[39] Under Dolan's watch MSG implemented controversial media policies limiting access to players. Some of these measures included prohibiting reporters and Knicks' beat writers from interviewing players without an MSG public relations official present, forbidding one-on-one interviews, and excommunicating writers who write articles critical of the organization. The policies also forbid the MSG Network from being critical of the Knicks and the Rangers, regardless of their performance. Such measures were not standard practice for other NBA teams.[40] In addition, the Knicks did not make their medical staff available to the press.[41] In 2004, longtime broadcaster Marv Albert's contract was not renewed by MSG Network, allegedly because of his criticism of the Knicks' play.[42][43]

sounds very much like what's his name?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 27, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »

I see with the new odds Knicks in the 2 slot have a 50% chance to pick 5th or 6th.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 27, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »

example.

Dolan rarely speaks with members of the media and communicates to the press through released statements or in interviews with MSG Network. In 2000, Dolan instituted media training for all Garden employees who might deal with the press and instituted an ironclad rule against team personnel criticizing others in the organization via the media.[39] Under Dolan's watch MSG implemented controversial media policies limiting access to players. Some of these measures included prohibiting reporters and Knicks' beat writers from interviewing players without an MSG public relations official present, forbidding one-on-one interviews, and excommunicating writers who write articles critical of the organization. The policies also forbid the MSG Network from being critical of the Knicks and the Rangers, regardless of their performance. Such measures were not standard practice for other NBA teams.[40] In addition, the Knicks did not make their medical staff available to the press.[41] In 2004, longtime broadcaster Marv Albert's contract was not renewed by MSG Network, allegedly because of his criticism of the Knicks' play.[42][43]

Kim Jong-un?
Chico Cartero?
Xi Jinping?
Vladi?
Viktor Orban?
Sarah Huckasanders?

....................??
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 27, 2018, 08:06:31 PM »

example.

Kim Jong-un?
Chico Cartero?
Xi Jinping?
Vladi?
Viktor Orban?
Sarah Huckasanders?

....................??

Ehhh... none of those policies really bother me.  The Knicks aren't a public trust.  They're a private company.  They don't have to criticize their own product.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1851