Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964206 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3210 on: December 29, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »

The game was lost before Enes checked in. Kornet was flat out embarrassing. Gobert had like six dunks in that time, looked like the kid standing under the Pinata when it busted open.

Kornet is basically a rookie.  Embarassing vs Gobert? OK.  How would we  describe Enes tonight...  Humiliating?  Depressing?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:47 PM »

Kam gets Booooed.
One game doesn't mean squat.
And you're argument hasn't been that Kant disappears or is inconsistent.  But rather that his consistently big numbers are empty.  Seizing on one off game is bush league stuff.  You could get demoted to the Nets forum for such.

I get that Fizz started to start Kornet and wanted to keep that going.  But doesn't Gobert require Kanter's beef, and it is his former team, etc.  Well, I didn't see the game and Kornets #'s and +/- look fine.

Again, didn't see minute one, but sure looks like Mud's counterpart, the erratic Exum, killed us with 13 & 13.
The usual Knickiller Jingles looks quiet.

Looks like our bench (Frank/Kant/etc) got killed.
Why would Knox play 41 mins, when almost every game he fades and looks fatigued in the 2nd half?  Kid is just 19.  Doesn't have 41 min a night stamina, and the Knix got blown out by 32...   Strange choice by Fizz.  (I guess Lance & Mario were particularly ineffective?)
Tim with 5 apple turnovers and nary an assist probably didn't help the cause ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: December 29, 2018, 11:03:57 PM »

Re:  drafting BPA vs need
Players piled on depth charts are still assets.
I would expect some Suns trades.

Chriss and Bender failed to develop in crowded rotations.    Reduced to limited value.  Crowded rotations usually ensure someone plays poorly and/or minimally, and often retard development, kill confidence.  A good way to diminish your assets . . .

Edit:  I forgot about Uber.
So Josh Jax is the 4th best 6'7"/6'8" F on his team.  TJ / Uber / Mikal / Jax.  And those are also young cats: 25 / 23 / 22 respectively.  How do you develop both Bridges (NBA ready) and Jax (rawer) when you have TJ and Uber ready to go.  (both around 30 mins a night).  A 2nd lost season for Jax would be worrisome.  Jax was horrendous in 9 starts (not ready for 1st unit work), and getting 20 mins a night off bench.  So they are getting Jax about all the courttime he can handle.

It doesn't help that their PG's are 20 year old 2nd round rook Melton and 38 year old Craw.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:41:02 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: December 29, 2018, 11:18:16 PM »

Trier just 7-28 since he came back last 3 games.
Maybe his hammy needs more rest or he needs to get his condition/rhythm back.  But something's not right.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: December 29, 2018, 11:23:54 PM »

Kanter was frustrated and slightly-off, but by no means embarrassed.
Kornet was embarrassed. It was dunk-after-dunk-after-dunk. Nothing quite like it in recent memory.
Idiocy on Fiz's part.
Tone for the game was set.

Kornet must have gotten some junk baskets late when we were already down 40 and nobody cared to make his line look better.
(I turned it off long before...)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: December 29, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »

No positives even in a tank season. KK and mud regressed from recent good streaks.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: December 29, 2018, 11:43:11 PM »

Wiz with 35 assists, 130 points 7 players in double figures, without Wall.  Maybe Walls are overrated . . .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:46:00 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: December 30, 2018, 12:22:38 AM »

The guards gave Kornet no help guarding the pick and rolls with Gobert.  Hardaway said so himself.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: December 30, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »

Kam gets Booooed.
One game doesn't mean squat.
And you're argument hasn't been that Kant disappears or is inconsistent.  But rather that his consistently big numbers are empty.  Seizing on one off game is bush league stuff.  You could get demoted to the Nets forum for such.

More nuanced than that Bo... he feasts against some weaker defenses puts up 20 and 20 a couple times... but more recently you're seeing the 12 and 6 stat line.  Fans get excited about a few good games against poorer teams and excuse his bad ones.  And how he has HELLO no offensive game.  No low post moves apparently.  Does he ever post up?  It's all clean up work off the glass.  He's a cleaner.  Nothing else.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: December 30, 2018, 12:32:20 AM »

The game was lost before Enes checked in. Kornet was flat out embarrassing. Gobert had like six dunks in that time, looked like the kid standing under the Pinata when it busted open.

Kornet is basically a rookie.  Embarassing vs Gobert? OK.  How would we  describe Enes tonight...  Humiliating?  Depressing?

Pretty sad castration of Kanter by Fiz

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: December 30, 2018, 01:10:14 AM »

Kanter was very helpful to the Jazz defense when he was on the floor. He impeded our drivers both in the half court and on the break. He was more successful stopping our guys from scoring than he was at stopping theirs. 

As a team it does seem like we are regressing.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: December 30, 2018, 01:38:38 AM »

As a team it does seem like we are regressing.

Well earlier in the season THJr was carrying the offense and doing an OK-ish job keeping us close enough in games to feel good about the losses.

Now with a slumping/innjured THjr we are without our A1 Rocker.

Keep the hope alive.   If we had KP we could withstand such a slump.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: December 30, 2018, 02:41:51 AM »

Mudiay, Hardaway, a top 6 protected pick protected top 3 the following year for Beal. The money works.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: December 30, 2018, 05:01:13 AM »

Wall out for the year getting heel surgery.
Trading Beal would mean fully tanking this year.
Trying to get 2 Top 10 picks -- theirs and NYK.
I assume WAS would bargain that down to a Top 3 protected.

I assume they'd wait another month to see how the team does without Wall, and with Beal and Porter together.  ie to see if they should trade Wall.  Of course that would be better for them, but he's an insanely paid star with some health issues and hasn't shown to be a leader or one to take a team far.  There are also rumors of his penchant for a good time. 

Beal the guy they should want to keep.  I doubt Ernie is going to do that deal and give up his best player.  We could get Porter for that package.  That'd be my Ernie counter.  Howsoever, we have Knox and Porter is overpaid, though a very nice player.  If Franc and Trier were further along, I'd consider such a Porter deal.  But I doubt Ernie would trade solid Beal for a decided lack of certainty (average and erratic SG Hardaway; erratic and below average Mud; unknown pick in a somewhat weak draft, maybe postponed to next year.)  And Knix aren't giving up that much for overpaid and slumping OPP.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: December 30, 2018, 05:19:07 AM »

Ok, Kam you have complained about Kanter's no-showing against stronger C's/teams.  But the one-game I Told You So, rubbed me the wrong way.  But I just don't get the Kant animus. He's almost certainly a placeholder this year keeping down the C position as best he can.  And less than halfway through the year, Fizz is already experimenting with General Tsao as our stretch 5.  And Mitch will be back soonish (I'd imagine). 

Does anyone have Kant as our longterm C?
KZ, Mitch and Kornet are our yute brigade at the 5.  But for now:
KZ still rehabbing.  Mitch is raw (and out with an ankle).  And Kornet a sharpshooting pup who can be banged around.

So Kant serves a useful purpose.  Absorbing minutes (and should be protecting Egg Foo Too Yung from Gobert).  Some games Kant totally beasts fools under the rim.  Great hands, good work ethic, physical, fearless, and dexterous on putbacks.  He's been fun to watch, easy to root for and a bright spot for much of this season.  Unfortunately his defense is poor and he is no rim deterrent.  And he clogs the paint on O.  David Lee's bigger Turkish cousin.

And the NBA has changed.  So Kant is most likely either a good-numbers-bad-team player, or a tough cover on a 2nd unit.  If Knix extend him, I assume the latter would be his role.  Which means he wouldn't get paid more than the mid-level (ie under $8.5M) and would be a bench/role player.  I expect Kant will want and look for a bigger payday and role than that.  I'd welcome him back at say $6M if he was willing to take on that role (I again, I doubt he wants that).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1851