Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915053 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
New Knicknames
« Reply #4395 on: February 08, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »

Mitchell B. Robbin' sons.   
Alonzo Three-er
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4396 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »

So, sooooo tough to watch Mario....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: February 08, 2019, 09:35:54 PM »

So, sooooo tough to watch Mario....

Should probably have kept Beasley instead... if we were trying to win a couple more games. 
At l east MB  had a ton of 20 and some 30 point nights.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: February 08, 2019, 09:49:50 PM »

Bulls look mighty good.....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: February 08, 2019, 09:52:40 PM »

Program note

BROW back in lineup

ESPN, still 1st quarter

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: February 09, 2019, 01:58:02 AM »

AD only makes 27mil.

The other 2 maxes would be 65-75 mil. depending on years of service.  Cap will be around 110.

But you have to pay for "incomplete roster" spots (which, depending on how much you strip the team down, could be as high as $7-9 million total), and you have to set aside $6.4 million for Jo Noah and over $1 million for Lance Thomas (presume we kept him to keep in an Anthony Davis trade).

We can exceed the cap when trading for AD.

Ok, I misunderstood your point. In the scenario I outlined, we'd definitely be exceeding the cap, which is why you have to sequence it by signing the FAs first and then making the trade, rather than the other way around.

(Whereas, if we needed to increase our appeal to Durant/Irving before signing them and didn't think Davis was an option, we might do something like trade Knox + DSJ for Bradley Beal if we knew that would clinch Durant/Irving....if you don't think the Knicks would make that kind of win-now move, you don't know this franchise)

and even if this is all true - AD would be long gone by then.

Haha. "If". This reminds me of last year when you kept insisting we had more second round picks than, you know, all of the internet said we have. This is basically climate change denial. The facts are out there.

And obviously you don't wait to make the AD deal. You make it in principle and wait for the 30 days to pass to finalise it. That part won't be a problem.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: February 09, 2019, 01:59:34 AM »

I'm not trading the #1 or #2 pick.

#3?  Open for business.

Can't get AD unless Zion or RJ goes the other way. Like I said, reasonable people can disagree on whether that is worth it, but it's unreasonable to expect NOLA to agree to a deal otherwise when we already know the Lakers can beat an offer headlined by Knox and DSJ and, say, Jarrett Culver.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: February 09, 2019, 05:16:23 AM »

Apparently NOPe thought about sitting AD the rest of the year, so he doesn't get injured and doesn't muck up the team.  And the League wasn't up for that.
He played but sat the 4Q despite KAT rampaging late and MINN threatening.

Pels have a lot of whozats.  Some guy Williams made a defensive play, then canned a 3, and made another shot.  Kenrich Williams.  24 year old 6'7" undrafted guy.  Been playing great lately.  Last 5 games averaging 35 mins 14.4 Pts, 7.4 Boards & 3 Assists 1.2 Blocks. 
On 49.5% FG and 45% on 3's.  Barely played before the last 6 games.  6 games back he had 16 boards in his first big minute game.

Tim Frazier had a near trip-dub.   Always looks solid to me.  Hustles.
StanJohnson played with his usual effort.  Had a nice drive to the rim, missed a wide open corner 3, picked up an unnecessary foul guarding Wiggins.  Guarded KAT a few times.  Nice awareness on D.  But missed all 3 of his 3's.

Awkward stuff in NO.
I'd be kind of pissed if the best player on my team didn't want to be there and was bailing on the team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: February 09, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »

Be funny if they make the playoffs.
Be funnier if they refuse to trade AD over the summer.
Be funniest if they sign Rondo back away from the Lakers.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:23 PM »

Kenrich Williams isn't leading them to the playoffs.
They're 5 games out of 8th, with 4 other teams ahead of them trying to bump the Clips out of 8th, where they don't want to be.  Most likely, the LALebrons move into the Top 8.

I like how Kanter sits and no one cares except Kanter.
But the League is willing to force NOPe to play AD.
Guy doesn't want to be on the team.  Team doesn't want him injured. And really minutes are about all the coach has to control the players.
Van Gundy thought it utter BS that they would be forced to play AD. 

First game with WASh, Portis scores 30 in 27 mins off the bench.  While Jabari nears a trip-dub in 23 mins.  Only against the Cavs, but still, nice debuts.

I still don't get what some teams are up to.
DET moved both Bullock and StanJohn.  Left with Canard at SF.
WAS moved Porter and Uber, left with Ariza who won't be back next year.  I get that neither team wanted to pay a lot for those guys coming off rook contracts.  But I'm not sure either gets a big deal.  Uber maybe around $8M - $10M.  StanJohn maybe $5M or $6M.  maybe a lot of money will be sloshing around and they'll wind up with larger deals.  But ti would make more sense if they didn't trade away their starting SF as well.

So after the buyouts go down and get claimed, is anyone going to pick up Melo?  DET or CHA could take a flyer on him.  DET to try to get into the playoffs.  CHA to try to have a puncher's chance.  But my guess is Melo is done.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: February 09, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »

Melo to the Lakers, probably.

Oubre will get more than $10m/per, and Stanley Johnson certainly shouldn't be getting $5m/per. He's never been better than replacement level under two different coaches now (three after he gets squeezed for minutes behind Kung Fu Kenny and Etwaun); I'd be ok with the Knicks signing him for the minimum this summer, but not more. He may get better, but it's not the most likely scenario.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: February 09, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: February 09, 2019, 02:56:30 PM »

Kenrich Williams isn't leading them to the playoffs.
They're 5 games out of 8th, with 4 other teams ahead of them trying to bump the Clips out of 8th, where they don't want to be.  Most likely, the LALebrons move into the Top 8.

Ain't talking about Kenrich Williams. They still got AD and Jrue and a bunch of other guys who can play. Actually, they should have won a lot more already. On point differential, they're sitting 7th right now.

You never know how teams react in situations like these, sometimes it's not the obvious way. Not saying likely, but would be fun as hell.

***(and Gentry is 100% getting fired if he doesn't pull off a miracle, and the only miracle he can possibly perform is pulling that team together.)

***(and if they don't, would be fun as hell if they end up with Zion, lol.)

***(sound crazy? Well, to me, 95% chance they don't right now aint that different from the 85% chance we don't right now after all Fiz Fraud's hard work in service of the cause. All that destruction for a 10% difference from a team that actually has AD playing for them right now.)

UPDATE:
Hmmm...what'd ya know: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25960935/anthony-davis-plays-vs-memphis-rest-expectations
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:10:44 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: February 09, 2019, 05:58:16 PM »

Dell Demps, not the league, decided to play AD.

And Davis wants to play - like Kanter.

Knicks MGT took the other road.

Kenrich Williams was on my list pre-draft and I was shocked at his status on draft day.  Good collegian - and SURPRISE - they often make good pros

The other Williams - Frank?  Really - you never heard of him?  UNC?  Scoring point but small for a SG - and doesnt put up the assist numbers

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:47 PM »

first 5 minutes of this game the best 5 ive seen all year...
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1848