Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900024 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4410 on: February 09, 2019, 09:28:13 PM »

And now in the 4th, defense and ball movement more often than not, only 9 players, nice. I'm sure it ends as it always ends, but it's been kinda fun.

**** update: as expected, Franchise Record Losing Streak Matched Tonight
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:01:01 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: February 09, 2019, 10:14:04 PM »

I figure Uber will be looking for $12M and will settle for $10M or less.
Still unclear if he's a starter (I think he can be).
As for StanJohn, he plays good defense over 3 or 4 positions, is becoming an effective driver, terrific in the open court, has shown some nascent 3-point ability.  Working towards becoming a 3&D wing.  3/$15M would be a good low risk deal which at least nets you a decent rotation player who could possibly become something more.  If he can hit 3's at a decent clip he'd be very valuable.
I know the NBofA devalues defense, but there's no way he's available at minimum salary.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: February 09, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it, Les

I guess you think this cat can coach.  Lets hope the free agents agree.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: February 09, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »

The offense is beyond rudimentary. It was clear from day one that some junk would need to be cleared and new talents assembled. I can see Fizz making the choice to focus on energy, communication, dedication, and relationships rather than x’s and o’s. It definitely makes us an easier team to defend. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed in the lead up to next season.

DJ and Mitch make me miss Kanter not at all.

Smith’s shot was off, but his TO’s were down. He had a hard time trying to cover Green.

I like Allen’s game.

I hope Dot can refocus. He’s definitely in the scouting report now along with drawing heavier defensive assignments. Hopefully the all star break will help him out.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Frank and Mudiay come back.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: February 09, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »

NOPe's point dif looks better than W's for two reasons.  They have fairly competitive starters, but a weak bench has killed them (and they just shipped out Mirotic).The other issue is they don't have a closer, so they don't win close games.  AD is really bad at last possession plays.

Kenrich: 10 / 13 & 7 (though didn't shoot well)
The team was 6-33 on 3's.

At least Gentry figured out that JRusskie is best as a combo guard playing alongside another PG.  Rondo last year made that clear. 

I would have done the AD for Lake pups trade.
If you get Ball, Ingram and Kuzma + a pick or two, I think you've done fine.  Ball & Jrue would be a formidable defensive backcourt.
Not an Ingram fan, but he has talent if he can focus better.  And Kuzma is a legit scorer.  Yeah, the picks likely to be around 20, but still can add players that way.  And you hope Ball fixes his shot and Ingram gets his head straight.  Maybe you can get a killer offer from BOS, but not if AD doesn't plan to re-sign there.  And if Kyrie bolts, then the trade is likely off anyway. 

Once Lakes (reportedly) included Kuz, NO should have pulled the trigger.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:15:44 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: February 10, 2019, 12:50:42 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it, Les

I guess you think this cat can coach.

Well, I wouldn't go that far yet ;)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: February 10, 2019, 12:56:17 AM »

Rustbrook with a quadruple-double (10 turnovers)

Paul George was terrific.  45 points.  18 FTA's
T Fergie looked pretty good.  Active.

Faried made some late hustle plays (blvoked a Grant dunk attamept, scooped up a loose ball and got a TO before Grizzled Adams could tie him up.  But right at the end, Rockettes up 1, Faried came out to double-team Westbrook, who just cut between Faried and Gordon and went in for the go-ahead layup.  Oops.

CP3 almost had a trip-dub, but made mistakes down the stretch.
Lotta mistakes by both teams in the last few minutes,
Btw, game-sealing deflection by Adams on an inbounds with 3.5 secs left.  Rocks needed a 3 to tie, but Gerald Green couldn't corral the pass due to the deflection.  Fun game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: February 10, 2019, 01:09:41 AM »

Once Lakes (reportedly) included Kuz, NO should have pulled the trigger.

I agree.  I think they were just playing the Lakers the whole time and didn't expect the Godfather Offer to come.

Once it came i think they panicked.   

But I can't say that for sure because we don't know what the Politics are of keeping the team in New Orleans.

They might not be able to sell an AD trade to the fanbase season ticket holders BUT
they can sell then on "AD left as a Free Agent though we offered the Super MAX"
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: February 10, 2019, 01:22:24 AM »

AD announced he was leaving.
You get the best return you can get.
With the Lake effect, you get 3 young starters and probably two late 1st round picks down the road.  You've got JRue and Randle.

Ball - JRue - Ingram - Kuz - Randle (at least as good as the team with AD).
Frazier, ETwuan, StanJohn, Kenrich, Sol Hill as your bench for now.
Pick up a C in the off-season -- there's a glut so you can get someone decent for cheap.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:16:51 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: February 10, 2019, 01:38:28 AM »

The Pels won’t be in any stronger position than they were at the deadline.

I like the prospect of fuller and wiser Knox and Mitch playing big roles in our frontcourt.

It will be interesting to see who emerges as our most complete guard.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:41 AM »

I like the prospect of fuller and wiser Knox and Mitch playing big roles in our frontcourt.

In 3 years when they need to get paid.
One problem with drafting young guys (Knox, Franco) and projects (Mitch) is that they usually take a few years to pan out and are then looking to cash in on their next contract before they've proven much.
At this rate, Franc won't be expensive -- and it looks more and more like he won't be here long anyway.  Too early to say much for sure on Knox, but by the time he gets more consistent, adds muscle and grows into his body and learns NBA defense, he'll likely be looking ot get paid before really performing.  Hope I'm wrong and his development is faster than that.  But that all takes time . . .

Everytime I saw Zubac, dating back to last season, he looks good.  But the Lakes brought in TyC (when they already had JaVale), crimping Zubac's minutes.  And then they moved Zubac for Muscala.  Not sure why they didn't trust Zubac.  Young guy with good touch, solid rim protector though a little foul prone at times, fairly mobile, good in the PnR. 

I rather like Muscala.  He has some range that LAL covets (they also brought in Bullock), and I've seen him defend and bound well some games.  But Chicken Muscala is also pretty inconsistent.  Might have a big game one night and then disappear the next. 

Just not sure why the Lakes didn't like Zubac.  Maybe LeBJ feels there are too many yutes and he wants to win now.  But that won't/wouldn't be the case if they pulled off the AD deal.

Really for NO, I would have taken Ball, Ingram, Kuz, Zubac and one 1st rounder if that was available.  Boom, an instant team around Jrue.
A fast rebuild.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »

Not such a no brainer. Maybe they don't like any of those Laker guys that much. Maybe they want good draft picks. Maybe they want Zion instead of four lesser lights or just see who has what in the draft. Maybe they want a season and half of play and what they get in a sign-and-trade. They have a long ass time to trade him. Nobody's ageless, and Lebron is gonna be old as hell by the time AD actually is a free agent.  The only pressure was on the Lakers.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: February 10, 2019, 11:39:47 AM »

I would take Zion or Tatum before any of the Lakers kids.

Bo- that Thunder/Rockets was a fantastic game. Incredible that PG13 is somehow still getting better. OKC likely second seed and Golden State's toughest competition. I don't trust Houston's D, nor Denver's experience.

Speaking of great teams out West - shame Jazz didn't pick up Conley. Had they managed Rubio/Favors/Exum for Conley/J-Mike, I think they could have been the third best team in the West.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »

I would take Zion or Tatum before any of the Lakers kids.

Speaking of great teams out West - shame Jazz didn't pick up Conley. Had they managed Rubio/Favors/Exum for Conley/J-Mike, I think they could have been the third best team in the West.

Exactly*** ... and indeed.

*** absolutely ZERO problems selling this to the New Orleans fan base, lol: https://deadspin.com/zion-williamson-temporarily-activates-his-flying-abilit-1832506609
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:43:50 AM by lesterdog »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: February 10, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »

Rustbrook with a quadruple-double (10 turnovers)

Paul George was terrific.  45 points.  18 FTA's
T Fergie looked pretty good.  Active.

Faried made some late hustle plays (blvoked a Grant dunk attamept, scooped up a loose ball and got a TO before Grizzled Adams could tie him up.  But right at the end, Rockettes up 1, Faried came out to double-team Westbrook, who just cut between Faried and Gordon and went in for the go-ahead layup.  Oops.

CP3 almost had a trip-dub, but made mistakes down the stretch.
Lotta mistakes by both teams in the last few minutes,
Btw, game-sealing deflection by Adams on an inbounds with 3.5 secs left.  Rocks needed a 3 to tie, but Gerald Green couldn't corral the pass due to the deflection.  Fun game.

Adams play was what Tatum could not do vs LA.  And didn't seem like he tried, sadly

Celtics now a road playoff opener and with a gimpy pg.  Go, Brad. (What has he won again?)
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1844