Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964207 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Mudiay
« Reply #5100 on: April 02, 2019, 11:16:56 AM »

Why wouldn't you give Mudiay 5.75 for 1?

That's reasonable. Unless we need the cap space to sign our 3rd star, lol...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:29:05 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Fizzy and the vets
« Reply #5101 on: April 02, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »

MEANWHILE ... Enes Kanter doing quite well for Portland, thank you:

yep, as a reserve and as a starter, Blazers 3 out of 4 since Nurkic went down and still holding third in the West.

Could be why the chucklehead who wrote this is too embarrassed to show his face around here anymore.

You mean a player who has no future with the team, barely the NBA, and stats shows causes more harm than good on the floor?

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5102 on: April 02, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/NoelChambers7/status/1111747663714795520

For the thousandth time, don't play Frank at the 1. Play him off the ball.

To what end? 

He isn't a starting PG that doesn't make him a starter anywhere else. If he can't play his position in the NBA and start for the worst team in the league... why are we holding onto him?  Sentiment?  He needs reps at PG if he is to develop.

He was drafted to play PG

He will sink or swim here or elsewhere as such.  If his true value is "utility guy off the bench you play for defensive purposes"  we had one of those already in Lance Thomas.

a) He was "drafted to play PG" by a guy who didn't really believe in PGs as they actually exist
b) I said around draft night he seemed more like an SG to me than PG. I stand by that.
c) I think he can become a rotation guard who can guard the opponent's 1, 2 or 3, and who can be, at best, a secondary playmaker. I think forcing him to play the 1 is putting a square peg into a round hole at this point, and he needs to develop where he is most likely to contribute, as an off-guard and secondary ball-handler. If he can develop into something further, great. But I don't see that as the priority right now. His best position is the 2, he needs to focus on that. You say he needs reps as a PG to develop, but I don't get why. He needs reps at his best, most natural position to develop.
d) You hold on to him because not all development is linear, because his trade value is low, because we're likely going to need players next year and if we are lucky enough to bring on an all-star or two, we're going to need guys who don't need the ball to be effective. You move him if you need cap space or if someone else offers a piece that fits better next year, but not because you already have Lance Thomas, who by the way is likely not a Knick next year.
e) Most of the most likely all-NBA calibre players to come to NY are point guards. And we have DSJ and Mudiay to consider. I don't see Frank beating any of those guys for minutes, no matter how things shake out, at the 1. But I can see a path to minutes off the ball.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:49:08 PM by thebizneverloses »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: April 02, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »

Emmanuel Mudiay has now reached starter criteria and is eligible for a $5.75M Qualifying Offer. The New York Knicks point guard met the criteria by starting 41 games during the 2018-19 season. The cap hold of $12.88M in the off-season remains the same. New York will have until June 29 to extend the one-year guaranteed contract

So we either sign him right before the cap hold goes in effect to a lesser figure.... or  we set him free.

Because we might need that 5.75 for better players starting July 1.   

So we have to decide by Jun 29 to give him that 5.75

I would re-sign Mud after we know we aint getting anyone and he is what we have left over.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: April 02, 2019, 02:03:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/NoelChambers7/status/1111747663714795520

For the thousandth time, don't play Frank at the 1. Play him off the ball.

To what end? 

He isn't a starting PG that doesn't make him a starter anywhere else. If he can't play his position in the NBA and start for the worst team in the league... why are we holding onto him?  Sentiment?  He needs reps at PG if he is to develop.

He was drafted to play PG

He will sink or swim here or elsewhere as such.  If his true value is "utility guy off the bench you play for defensive purposes"  we had one of those already in Lance Thomas.

a) He was "drafted to play PG" by a guy who didn't really believe in PGs as they actually exist
b) I said around draft night he seemed more like an SG to me than PG. I stand by that.
c) I think he can become a rotation guard who can guard the opponent's 1, 2 or 3, and who can be, at best, a secondary playmaker. I think forcing him to play the 1 is putting a square peg into a round hole at this point, and he needs to develop where he is most likely to contribute, as an off-guard and secondary ball-handler. If he can develop into something further, great. But I don't see that as the priority right now. His best position is the 2, he needs to focus on that. You say he needs reps as a PG to develop, but I don't get why. He needs reps at his best, most natural position to develop.
d) You hold on to him because not all development is linear, because his trade value is low, because we're likely going to need players next year and if we are lucky enough to bring on an all-star or two, we're going to need guys who don't need the ball to be effective. You move him if you need cap space or if someone else offers a piece that fits better next year, but not because you already have Lance Thomas, who by the way is likely not a Knick next year.
e) Most of the most likely all-NBA calibre players to come to NY are point guards. And we have DSJ and Mudiay to consider. I don't see Frank beating any of those guys for minutes, no matter how things shake out, at the 1. But I can see a path to minutes off the ball.

a SG who can't shoot or won't shoot because he is too unselfish?  Isn't that a PG?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: April 02, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »

Emmanuel Mudiay has now reached starter criteria and is eligible for a $5.75M Qualifying Offer. The New York Knicks point guard met the criteria by starting 41 games during the 2018-19 season. The cap hold of $12.88M in the off-season remains the same. New York will have until June 29 to extend the one-year guaranteed contract

So we either sign him right before the cap hold goes in effect to a lesser figure.... or  we set him free.

I would re-sign Mud after we know we aint getting anyone and he is what we have left over.

Kadeem Allen would take less and is better at basketball in every phase of the game.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: April 02, 2019, 04:00:18 PM »

5.75 is a bargain.  He turns it down .... Is the cap hold then still on until he signs with someone?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: April 02, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »

5.75 is a bargain.  He turns it down .... Is the cap hold then still on until he signs with someone?

If we give him a qualifying offer, there's a $12.9mil cap hold. He'd become a restricted free agent but we could go over the cap and match whatever contract he gets with his Bird Rights. This is obviously not ideal if we want to chase a max free agent.

If we don't give him a qualifying offer, we'd give up his Bird Rights. Mudiay would become a restricted free agent but we would not be able to go over the cap to sign him. It'd be up to how much other teams are willing to pay him.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:29:34 PM by Kam »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: April 02, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »

No QO. If he hasn’t found a market and we haven’t hit a budget, we can hook up later.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: April 02, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »

No QO. If he hasn’t found a market and we haven’t hit a budget, we can hook up later.

Exactly.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 02, 2019, 08:01:57 PM »

He will be long gone.  You had better be very confident in the other guards you can bring in.  Big free agent signings playing with Dennis and Frank doesn't seem too appealing.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: April 02, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »

He will be long gone.  You had better be very confident in the other guards you can bring in.  Big free agent signings playing with Dennis and Frank doesn't seem too appealing.

Kyrie and Kemba are available.  If you get one of those you're good and don't need EM.  Backup Frank is fine.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: April 02, 2019, 11:19:01 PM »

yyyeppp

I even like the part about trading Dennis

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: April 02, 2019, 11:19:57 PM »

Kadeem Allen would take less and is better at basketball in every phase of the game.

heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Nassir Little
« Reply #5114 on: April 02, 2019, 11:59:56 PM »

hires an agent and enters the draft.
And stops going to class.....
I really don't like this system.  But have no suggestions for a fix.
If the kids finish school year it cuts into workout time and costs dollars

For the student athletes who only want the second half of that description and don't want to attend any classes, pay them $40K a year.  And admit one more student paying full tuition (probably a foreigner).  Problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:12:41 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1851