Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964592 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Enes Kanter
« Reply #5130 on: April 04, 2019, 01:34:19 AM »

Nice line again today: 21 points and 15 rebounds with a +23, second only to Dame’s +25.

I see Jordan doing the same for another team next year.

I mean, Mitchell is a wonderful player and all, but it wouldn’t hurt having another productive C.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5131 on: April 04, 2019, 07:29:32 AM »

Guy just has no place on a winning team, or even anywhere in the modern NBA;)

https://twitter.com/NBAFantasy/status/1113648357661188101

lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol

Both Portland and Houston are barking at Denver for that 2 spot now. Trailblazer/Nuggets home and home on tap.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:55:22 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Enes Kanter
« Reply #5132 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:23 PM »

Nice line again today: 21 points and 15 rebounds with a +23, second only to Dame’s +25.
I mean, Mitchell is a wonderful player and all, but it wouldn’t hurt having another productive C.

A lot depends on what we do in FA.
But there's a C glut, so it's not too hard to pick up a credible Big who can split time with and mentor Mitch.  Btw, DeAndretheGiant should be a good Mitch mentor.

I was watching the 2nd half of ATL v SAS, and Alex Len popped in 3 straightaway treys.  The last one a little before the quarter ended.  This is a Brook Lopez sized human starting to pop 3's.  Len only shot 25 3-pointers his first 5 years in PHX, but has already jacked 179 this year for ATL, hitting at a solid 36% clip.  He looked comfortable shooting out there.

He did start the 4Q by catching a lob underneath, not going up that strong, getting fouled and missing a pair of FT's.  He isn't terribly nimble or comfortable guarding on the perimeter, but gives effort, though sometimes a little slow reacting/deciding.  But turning into a solid floor spacer, and sets good picks.

Just 25, hitting 26 this Summer.
Not saying Len is the answer, but the Hawks picked him on a bargain 2/$8.5M deal.  Bucks got Brook Lopez on a similar sized deal.  After FA, we'll know how competitive the Knix will be next year.  And how much money is left to fill out the roster.  But there should be some C's available at good rates.  I'll have to check on FA C's.

Hell, Hawks have Plumlee at $12M, Dedmon $7M and Spellman and Deyonta Davis as cheap yute, so they'd probably trade Len for Franc, if we wanted to do such.  Just saying that there should be plenty of options to get a decent C at a bargain rate.  If we project as a lower playoff seed or a below .500 team, then I might prefer Mitch starting. Hard to say too much when we don't know next year's roster construction, but I've managed a long post anyway . . .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:22:35 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Enes Kanter
« Reply #5133 on: April 04, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »

A lot depends on what we do in FA.
But there's a C glut, so it's not too hard to pick up a credible Big who can split time with and mentor Mitch.  Btw, DeAndretheGiant should be a good Mitch mentor.

. . .

Well, Fizzy ain’t playing him. I don’t see how he’d want to be back next year. Actually I don’t see any vet wanting to play for Fizzy, that is unless his name is Lance...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: April 04, 2019, 07:26:27 PM »

We can extend a min level QO for Kadeem Allen which should be a 3 or 4 million dollar cap hold instead of doing the same for Mudiay at 12 and change. He definitely counts as capable cheap guard depth.

Smith Jr., Allen, Trier, Dotson all give good value. Can Frank stay healthy and make progress? One more season like the last two would make this summer the cut bait point if that’s what we expect. Decent progress in execution and a healthy start to the season would raise his value if not make him a keeper. The calculus changes again on whether or not other team are coming forward with substantial offers or if they are shying away. I’m feeling good about giving him one more spin. I’m trusting Perry and Mills to know if there is a reason or reasons not to and to pull the trigger in that event.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: April 04, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »

Come on Les you are better than this.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:58 PM »

Article on Knox and Trae's deficiencies:
https://cleaningtheglass.com/first-year-frustrations/
It seems to be paywalled, but maybe someone has access.(?)

Saw 4Q of Bucks-Sixers.
Embiid had a 30+ trip-dub, but he was moving slow in the 4Q.  Maybe a combo of the knee and fatigue.  But he looked iffy.  Couldn't get back on D a few times.  Sloppy shooting.  Missed FT's.  Did tie up Anti-Greek once on a drive.  If Embiid is not in in good health/form, PHI isn't going too far.  1st round not a big threat, so still time to get him right.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: April 05, 2019, 06:11:42 AM »

Recapping the Season in general terms:

Disappointing year for:

WASH -- Wall finally breaks down.  Bringing in Dwight and JeffGreen unsurprisingly didn't help.  Trading both your quality SF's (Porter and Uber) and bringing in old vet Ariza to win now.  32 W's with 3 left.
At least they finally canned Ernie.  WIZ stay too loyal to their front office and players.  It costs them.  [they overpaid/longtermed Blatche, Mahinmi, Gortat?, Wall, Porter -- with little result]

MIA -- Wade's reunion was a positive.  Injuries derailed them (Dragic, Winslow, JoshRich, etc).  Scrappy, hard-nosed team.  That has trouble scoring.  And a losing Home record.  How are they 20-18 on the Road and just 18-22 at Home?  A few more Home wins and theyre in the playoffs.  Whiteside still enigmatic; Dragic still frail.  Lotta role players, no stars.

BOS -- Might be the 4th seed, so the season still salvageable.  And of the Top 4 East, MIL and PHI inexperienced in the playoffs.  But with Kyrie and Gordo joining last year's powerhouse, they seemed poised to be a much better reg season team.  Kyrie not much of a leader.  Haywire up and down (they seem a much better team the games he plays well.  Horford seemed slightly diminished, with nagging injuries.
Jaylen and Rozier took a step back.  Nearly 50 W's isn't bad; the playoff path is there; lotta talent and still a terrific coach; but a losing Road record (19-20) doesn't inspire confidence and the chemistry never came together (I blame Kyrie).

CHA -- but that's not exactly surprising.  Kemba played his ass off. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:53:12 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: April 05, 2019, 06:32:19 AM »

Successful Year for:

MIL -- Auntie-Greek probably turned in an MVP campaign with great 2-way play and the league's best record.  Gonna hit 60 W's and have Home court throughout.  Congrats.  Bud did a great job of orchestrating Giannis + shooters.  With a strong defense.  A lot of 3&D, around the best paint attacker in the game.  props to Middlguy; Brogdon, Lopez, Bled.  Best starting 5 in the NBofA.  I'm still concerned about their bench and over-reliance on Greek during the playoffs.

IND -- Oladipo went down and they shrugged.  Bog stepped up.  Nice two-way team play.  Congrats Nate.  They really could use that 4th seed to beat Smelts, but nice year.

TOR -- won a lot.  Upgraded from DeMar to Kawhi, which hopefully takes playoff pressure off Lowry.  Did everything to make Kawhi happy (winning, minutes restrictions, sitting games out, great fan base).

BKY -- They started awful, lost their best scorer, and ... came together.  Props to Dinwiddie, Tangelo, Joe Harris, Jarrett Allen and whoever the hell is on their team.

ORL -- looks like they'll squeeze into the playoffs.
They use Fournier as their go-to scorer late.  But big years from Vuc, Ross form the bench; solid Gordon and Fournier; Isaac showed flashes.  Get them a starting PG and things could start to happen.
Playoff experience will be a good thing.

ATL -- One more and they hit 30 W's.  Trae belongs; Collins a potential stud.  Huerter looks solid; Len was a bargain pickup.  Price, Bembry, Bazemore play hard (look like scrappy Heat players).  Will take a few years at least, but you can certainly see the outlines of The Future there.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: April 05, 2019, 06:51:57 AM »

The other 5 EAST Teams:

PHI -- loaded up their starting lineup.  Some fit issues.  Bench questions.  I hated to see Covington go, which will be an issue if Butler bolts.  Don't think it's their year.

DET -- Blake played his @ss off and has started breaking down in the stretch.  Nobody else did much.  Terrible Road record.  Irrelevant.

NYK --   A development, reclamation, tryout year.  Started over 100 players, including a few members of this forum, iirc.  Lots of guys showed promise or flashes.  Mitch, Knox, Mud, Vonleh, Dot, Tryer.
Ditched Tim Jr again.  Franc & Zonja disappointed.  Some rough times for Ft Knox.  Secured a Top 5 draft pick.

CHI -- seemed to have a lot of injuries.  Markk is genuine; swapping Porter for Jabari is a huge positive.  Wendell Crater looks solid.

CLE -- Still have a team apparently.  Sexton got his O in gear post A-S.
Exiled JR Smith.  Pretty much just a bummer of a season, and couldn't even out-lose the Knicks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: April 05, 2019, 08:56:04 AM »

Come on Les you are better than this.

Lol, i'm not...you don't know me by now after all these years? — THE MOLESTER

That asshat PriIke clogged up this board posting 10,000x about how Kanter sucks. I'm allowed to have fun with his idiocy two or three times....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: April 05, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »

Heh

I read it wrong, my bad.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: April 05, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »

Recapping the Season in general terms:

Disappointing year for:

WASH -- Wall finally breaks down.  Bringing in Dwight and JeffGreen unsurprisingly didn't help.  Trading both your quality SF's (Porter and Uber) and bringing in old vet Ariza to win now.  32 W's with 3 left.
At least they finally canned Ernie.  WIZ stay too loyal to their front office and players.  It costs them.  [they overpaid/longtermed Blatche, Mahinmi, Gortat?, Wall, Porter -- with little result]

They won the Stanley Cup.  Forgot Ovechkin's contract. Can't say Leonsis had a bad year.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: April 05, 2019, 02:51:43 PM »

Extended MOCK  4/4

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019-extended-mock-draft-10

They are sticking with Hachimura at 4.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: April 05, 2019, 02:58:21 PM »

I find him an extremely unimpressive #4. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1851