Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964153 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Enes Kanter
« Reply #5145 on: April 05, 2019, 03:01:52 PM »

Nice line again today: 21 points and 15 rebounds with a +23, second only to Dame’s +25.
I see Jordan doing the same for another team next year.
I mean, Mitchell is a wonderful player and all, but it wouldn’t hurt having another productive C.

A lot depends on what we do in FA.
But there's a C glut, so it's not too hard to pick up a credible Big who can split time with and mentor Mitch.  Btw, DeAndretheGiant should be a good Mitch mentor.

I was watching the 2nd half of ATL v SAS, and Alex Len popped in 3 straightaway treys.  The last one a little before the quarter ended.  This is a Brook Lopez sized human starting to pop 3's.  Len only shot 25 3-pointers his first 5 years in PHX, but has already jacked 179 this year for ATL, hitting at a solid 36% clip.  He looked comfortable shooting out there.

He did start the 4Q by catching a lob underneath, not going up that strong, getting fouled and missing a pair of FT's.  He isn't terribly nimble or comfortable guarding on the perimeter, but gives effort, though sometimes a little slow reacting/deciding.  But turning into a solid floor spacer, and sets good picks.

Just 25, hitting 26 this Summer.
Not saying Len is the answer, but the Hawks picked him on a bargain 2/$8.5M deal.  Bucks got Brook Lopez on a similar sized deal.  After FA, we'll know how competitive the Knix will be next year.  And how much money is left to fill out the roster.  But there should be some C's available at good rates.  I'll have to check on FA C's.

Hell, Hawks have Plumlee at $12M, Dedmon $7M and Spellman and Deyonta Davis as cheap yute, so they'd probably trade Len for Franc, if we wanted to do such.  Just saying that there should be plenty of options to get a decent C at a bargain rate.  If we project as a lower playoff seed or a below .500 team, then I might prefer Mitch starting. Hard to say too much when we don't know next year's roster construction, but I've managed a long post anyway . . .

Pencil in Durant and we can move on from there

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5146 on: April 06, 2019, 01:37:20 AM »

I will guarantee that Durant does not come to NY unless it's paired with another megastar.  Heading into his 30's I doubt he wants to be like LeBJ in LA.

IND got smushed by Celts in the flatland.
Nate really stuck with his bench far too long when they were getting smoked late 3Q and more early 4Q.  There was a painfully long stretch where they were relying on Tyreke (38% FG for the season); Aaron "shrimpy" Holiday and McDermott for scoring ... and abysmal defense.  Stuck way too long with what wasn't working.  Yeah, the starters had been outplayed too, but the bench was awful and Nate stuck with it, so a 12-14 lead went to 24.  Bo no understand.  Key game, you have to compete with your best players.

DEN-POR.   Don't know if it was a POR-specific strategy, but NUGs constantly sagged in the paint or switched and left guys wide open on the weak side.  They got away with it as Lillard went 0-6 on 3's in an uncharacteristically quiet game.  While the team went an okay 10-29.  10-24 other than Lillard.  Maybe can do that with McCollum out, but seemed a risky strategy to leave guys open.  Frequently a wide open weak side Blazer cut towards the middle caught a pass on the move with nobody within 8 feet and easily made a move for a score.  So it wasn't just open 3's, but guys  catching the ball in space while moving forward.

Kant with a POR game high 24.  They showed his shot chart and 16 FG's were in the restricted area, and just one in the paint 4 feet further out.  He was hustling and feisty.  But couldn't contain crafty burly Jokic.  And when you're known as a weak defender, guys go at you. 

Very much a West Coast game, with shooting at a premium and marginal defense.  POR made the hustle plays 2nd half, but DEN shot well.  Didn't look like a playoff-type game to me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:25:42 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: April 06, 2019, 01:44:33 AM »

Who was the last Knick to record a triple-double?

Watching Caruso in the GS game, I thought he looked like a mini-Ginobili.  Wasn't even a particularly good game for him.  But bounced back with 32 / 10 / 5 v. the other other LA team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: April 06, 2019, 02:01:46 AM »

Before Mario it was Jack.

We have such a weirdo team this year.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: April 06, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »

A truly awful defensive performance.
Countless times 2 Knix would belatedly head to the same perimeter player.  Usually seemed to involve Knox or Jenkins or both.
Does anyone like Jenkins?
He seems useless and duplicative.

I kept waiting for Zonja to go off.  He was passing, but more like hockey assists and guys missing shots.  Also looked to me like he had 6 turnovers.  At least 6 of his 16 points were late $Q down by 30+.  But I missed most of his other stats.  Missed the first 7 mins, maybe he started off well(?)

I thought the only positive was Kornet's D.  And now I see that he was the only Knick with a positive +/-.  He's really improved on D all year.  Keeps the fouls in check, contests, blocks some.
Was also a pretty solid game by Hellenson.  Scrapped, banged, went at Harden.

I found it real odd that HOU kept their starting unit out there to finished the 2Q when the lead was over 30.  Then Harden was out there fairly late too.  Bzdelik wanting to make sure of the W(?)
I would have run Harden into picks and gone at him every trip until they took him out.   The Rockettes all flaked off to the lockerroom and left Shump as the lone guy sitting on the bench most of the 4Q?  Odd.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: April 06, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »

Moncrief played four years at Arkansas, where he led the Razorbacks to a Final Four appearance in 1978. The following year, the Milwaukee Bucks drafted him fifth overall, where he played for 10 years before spending his final season with the Atlanta Hawks. Moncrief was a two-time Defensive Player of the Year and a five-time All-Defensive Team choice.

Always liked Moncrief.
Sort of a smaller Pippen, a generation earlier.
Glad he's getting in the HoF.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: April 06, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »

Now do the West conference, Bo. East was well done.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: April 06, 2019, 05:35:42 PM »

Re:  Durant and "second star" -

Kev's gotta have some pull, wouldnt you believe?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: April 06, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »

Who was the last Knick to record a triple-double?

Watching Caruso in the GS game, I thought he looked like a mini-Ginobili.  Wasn't even a particularly good game for him.  But bounced back with 32 / 10 / 5 v. the other other LA team.

Problem is we will never know about Caruso - he doesnt have the King's blessing.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: April 06, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »

:-
Moncrief played four years at Arkansas, where he led the Razorbacks to a Final Four appearance in 1978. The following year, the Milwaukee Bucks drafted him fifth overall, where he played for 10 years before spending his final season with the Atlanta Hawks. Moncrief was a two-time Defensive Player of the Year and a five-time All-Defensive Team choice.

Always liked Moncrief.
Ditto that. Moncrief was a great player.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: April 07, 2019, 04:18:04 AM »

To an extent.
He also seems kind of aloof and annoying at times.
And he likes to shoot a lot.
I'd rather play with a Paul George or Kawhi -- 2 way guys who are easier to fit with.

Durant gets all prickly with the media, so NY still seems a bad fit to me. 

And I think the way NYK dealt with Melo, Noah and KZ will turn off FA's.  Players talk.

Vague report yesterday said PG13 wasn't much interested in the Lakes partly because they waived Cory Brew who then signed on with OKC and proceeded to badmouth LAL.

And, uh, our team is for the most part without starters.
Can't believe there aren't other more attractive situations to go to.

Otherwise it really seems you need KD and a top Point (Kyrie or Kemba I guess) in order to be truly competitive and not just a replay of the Melo years . . .

I'd say a 9.284% chance of Durant coming to NY this Summer.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: April 07, 2019, 04:38:03 AM »

Now do the West conference, Bo. East was well done.

West is for you.

A number of teams I didn't see much of.  Especially OKC and Utah. I didn't see as many games this year as I usually do.
There were also oddities, like almost every time I saw DAL, Doncic was out. 

I only saw the Spurs, Kings, Lakes and Rockettes a lot.
Kings have no go-to guy and die in 4Q's. 
Spurs such an up and down team.  Have trouble with young athletic teams.  Can look sharp or terrible any game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: April 07, 2019, 01:33:07 PM »

To an extent.
He also seems kind of aloof and annoying at times.
And he likes to shoot a lot.
I'd rather play with a Paul George or Kawhi -- 2 way guys who are easier to fit with.

Durant gets all prickly with the media, so NY still seems a bad fit to me. 

And I think the way NYK dealt with Melo, Noah and KZ will turn off FA's.  Players talk.

Vague report yesterday said PG13 wasn't much interested in the Lakes partly because they waived Cory Brew who then signed on with OKC and proceeded to badmouth LAL.

And, uh, our team is for the most part without starters.
Can't believe there aren't other more attractive situations to go to.

Otherwise it really seems you need KD and a top Point (Kyrie or Kemba I guess) in order to be truly competitive and not just a replay of the Melo years . . .

I'd say a 9.284% chance of Durant coming to NY this Summer.

I take Durant with DeAndre and the draft pick.  That is plenty competitive.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: April 07, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »

Of course I do half expect a trade as well.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: April 07, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »

Always liked Moncrief.

Yeah.  I see the Basketball Hal of Very Good welcomed quite a few.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1851