Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899846 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5310 on: April 15, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »

There were many ways to handle this better and still develop other big men on the team.

100 percent. And the small men on the team. A fiasco all round. By week three, Fiz was already well out of his league.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: As always -- you're wrong. YES INDEED!
« Reply #5311 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:22 PM »

We have no Aminu or Harkless who each cover a position and a half, allowing Enes to root out the post and gather rebounds. We have no Lillard or McCollum. If Kanter is smart, he’ll stay in Portland for what they can give him. Otherwise he’s odds on to feel a bit Jerome Jamesy signing a bigger deal somewhere else.

STARTERS   MIN   FG   3PT   FT   OREB   DREB   REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PF   +/-   PTS

E. KanterC   34   8-15   0-1   4-6      7            11            18    2    1    2    2    1   +15   20

Even if Kanter went for 36 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 40 points and a +30 you two would still find that it was all due to the other players, both on his team and the opponent.

OKC shot 5 for 33 from 3 pt range.

I don't think Kanter held their perimeter shooters to 15%

So if OKC makes its usual percentage Portland loses big.

"Your moustached asshat" just for you Kam.Why the hate? What did Kanter do to the Kam(s)ter?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:54:03 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: April 15, 2019, 11:17:26 PM »

Kanter can usually get his numbers and plays no defense.  So he gets numbers and his team loses unless it can make up for his deficiencies.  His team won this time.  They were able to survive playing Kanter because the opponent wasn't making their threes.

Lets monitor the rest of the games please.  I hope everyone will entertain my future posts on the man.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: April 15, 2019, 11:19:47 PM »

There were many ways to handle this better and still develop other big men on the team.

100 percent. And the small men on the team. A fiasco all round. By week three, Fiz was already well out of his league.

Fizzdale could've handled it better.... but Enes wasted no time talking to the media and looking upset on the bench.  Once Enes reacted to his benching unprofessionally the org basically rolled its eyes, held its nose, and waited for the deadline to dump him.  He was easy to get rid of once he became a distraction instead of a mentor.  You all saw Mitch bloom once DeAndre was here.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: As always -- you're wrong. YES INDEED!
« Reply #5314 on: April 15, 2019, 11:21:49 PM »

"Your moustached asshat" just for you Kam.

Thanks Carlos.  I had a feeling you'd like that.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #5315 on: April 16, 2019, 01:23:58 AM »

"Your moustached asshat" just for you Kam.

Thanks Carlos.  I had a feeling you'd like that.

Did you forget this part?
Why the hate? What did Kanter do to the Kam(s)ter?

Kanter loves you too.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:35:13 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: April 16, 2019, 05:00:17 AM »

Yep, the plan was to develop Mitch and even Kornet at the 5.

I can understand Kant not being happy with that, but:
1) he opted in to a team on a very definite ground-up rebuilding plan. He wanted his $18 (fair enough), but Kant and NYK knew he wasn't going to be here next year.  So once the tank was full-on and it was entirely a development year, his role unsurprisingly shrank.
2) we were losing significantly with him and his numbers
3) he could have handled things behind the scenes and not have gone straight to the media and complained, undermining the new coach of a very young team.  Does anyone think Kant handled it well?  professionally?

Kant was treated badly and DeAndre got DNP's so Fizz is a bad coach seem ludicrous to me, as though people don't have much understanding of tanking and playing yute after a season is shot.
Seems like plenty of folks either didn't have a stomach for tanking or didn't understand the concept and what it entails. 

Btw, it's a multi-year process, and next year, when hopefully we have more legit starters and a more credible/coherent team, Fizz can begin implementing a system and establishing rotations and such.  Imo, Fizz largely aced the Y0 tanking and development portion of this major rebuild.  I am hugely disappointed that Y1 won't be with KZ, but that's not on Fizz.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: April 16, 2019, 05:17:04 AM »

Shee-it, I was semi-watching the GS game while getting ready to leave.  Had to head out with GS up around 12 with 8 mins or so left.
So at least LAC cut down the 16 point lead.
But I wasn't expecting much.
Come back a few hours later, and LAC completed the comeback.
Crazy.

GS up 16 with 9 mins left.  Who'd bet against that?

I've never been sold on KD as a closer.  Favors tough shots (which he can make because he is talented).  Turnover prone.  Focus issues.  Seems he offensive-fouled a lot to wind down this game.  I'll have to see a replay.  KD was often a turnover machine and bonehead in the clutch for OKC.  Better for GS, but still lapses.

Lou W Scoring Genius.
Pa Bev and Montrezl can play on any team of mine.
Gallo asserted himself after a quiet G1.

GS gave up 85 2nd half points.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:05 AM »

Bo - do you think when we dealt for Kanter that we thought he would opt in - expected it and were happy about it?

Dont let the fact it all crumbled be your impetus for "this was the plan all along".

No.  When Fizdale was hired a TANK was NOT the plan.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: April 16, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »

Think of what Doc Rivers could do with Knicks.....

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: April 16, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »

talk about the real deal ....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: April 16, 2019, 12:10:07 PM »

Dont let the fact it all crumbled be your impetus for "this was the plan all along".
No.  When Fizdale was hired a TANK was NOT the plan.

Teams do not announce that they plan to tank.  I don't think the League would allow it.

We knew that KZ was out for likely 2/3rds of the year (turns out the entire year missed).  Our opening day starting lineup featured two legit starters, Tim Jr. and Kant -- with neither good at defense.  Put simply, having Tim as your #1 scoring option does not lead one to expect W's.  Or Kant as your last line of defense.

I called 23 Wins and probably would have dropped to 20 if I knew KZ wouldn't suit up.  Prior to the season I also noted the brutal schedule from Thanksgiving through to Jan 24 -- lots of Roadies, lots of Top Teams -- and said that our record would probably be so bad that we wouldn't bring KZ back until after the A-S game.
I think I guessed KZ games would play 20 games.

The roster was larded with rooks and reclamations.
I think Knix had the youngest team.  Did anyone else have 4 rooks?  And we played them all good minutes. 

The rest of the early starting lineup:
- journeyman Lance started for stability and defense, and not to overly rush Knox.
- Frank, a non-scorer, at SG
- Burke, a small terrible defender at PG.
Revealing.

Then the bench:
Baker, Knox, Trier all played more than half the game (24+ mins).  Zonja and Vonleh in the 16-19 range.
That's 2 rooks playing half the game from opening day.
Two reclamation projects with solid mins.  Journeyman Baker with 27 mins.

G3 v. BOS almost identical with the exception of Knox blowing out his ankle after just 4 mins, replaced by Dotson, another rook, with 22 mins.

So Fizz was playing 10 man rotations.  With 2 or 3 rooks (Knox, Trier, Dotson); 19 year old 2nd year Franc as an added honorary rook; 3 reclamations in Burke, Vonleh, Zonja (and soon enough Muddy); 2 bench journeymen in Lance and Baker; and 2 legit starters (Tim/Kant).  Later Mitch would impress and be added to the mix.  And then Kornet as well midseason. 

All the ingredients were there to win very few games and get a high draft pick in the year our best player was injured.  The tank was pretty obvious to me prior to the season.  Sorry if the memo got to you late.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:40:14 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: April 16, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »

Biz pool

Kid 8 score is 136......

Sent you a Fac a message with the scores of game 1 for everyone.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: April 16, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »

OK, cool.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: April 16, 2019, 01:38:40 PM »

KL, PG13, D Mitchell, Ben Simmons, DeRozan, Enes one buck Kanter is my $25

Khaki is my KL. Should have 25 more points for 142.

Thanks Biz
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1844