Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964192 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5490 on: April 28, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »

For the player points pool I suppose I need to pick a one point guy to replace D Russell.

I will work on that before tomorrow (obviously I cant choose a Raptor or Sixer, since they strated round 2 already)

I say you can, as the first round didn't end until the following game. But you won't find a better pick than Gary Harris, I'm thinking. Let me know if you want to change. Here are the new prices (and McConnell was meant to be McCollum, my mistake, hope that's obvious):

$8: Giannis, Curry, KD

$7: Harden, Kawhi, Embiid,

$6: Klay, Lillard, Jokic, Kyrie, Butler, (PG13)

$5: Tobias, Middleton, J Murray,  McCollum

$4: B Simmons, Lowry, Bledsoe, CP3, Siakam, Draymond, (Westbrook), (Mitchell)

$3: Capela, JJ Redick, Tatum, (Bojan)

$2: Everyone else, (Derozan, Aldridge, D’Angelo, Adams, Sweet Lou)

I should replace my Adams with Gary Harris, but don't want to steal your good idea. So I'll take Millsap. And Westbrook becomes Siakam.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: April 28, 2019, 08:29:04 AM »

Articles kicking around ESPn and elsewhere saying Durant is likely to come to NYC.  A bit unclear what it's all based on, except some players feeling that way, possibly including some Warriors.  His agent is a Knick fan.  Other vague dots.  Etc.  But it's a rumor that persisting.

I guess NYK fans should root for the Bucks to knock off the Celts (for Kyrie).  Since Durant not coming here alone.  Not sure if what GSW does matters.  Kemba would probably take our money and ditch CHA if we had Durant locked up (and Kyrie wasn't leaving BOS).

Probably Durant Knix only hope of a BIG FA Summer.
Kawhi and Klay certainly don't seem like NY guys.

Durant, Jordan, Barrett - add vet PG and play
Durant, Jordan, Marant........and play
Durant, Williamson, add second big free agent, OK with Smith at point......play

Will Durant wait?  What FA signs with uswhile he does - and do we lose out on Jordan in the meantime?
I wonder if conversations with agents start, "If KD is coming........." or if they deal with players just by recruiting them with current roster in mind?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: April 28, 2019, 01:22:28 PM »

For the player points pool I suppose I need to pick a one point guy to replace D Russell.

I will work on that before tomorrow (obviously I cant choose a Raptor or Sixer, since they strated round 2 already)

I say you can, as the first round didn't end until the following game. But you won't find a better pick than Gary Harris, I'm thinking. Let me know if you want to change. Here are the new prices (and McConnell was meant to be McCollum, my mistake, hope that's obvious):

$8: Giannis, Curry, KD

$7: Harden, Kawhi, Embiid,

$6: Klay, Lillard, Jokic, Kyrie, Butler, (PG13)

$5: Tobias, Middleton, J Murray,  McCollum

$4: B Simmons, Lowry, Bledsoe, CP3, Siakam, Draymond, (Westbrook), (Mitchell)

$3: Capela, JJ Redick, Tatum, (Bojan)

$2: Everyone else, (Derozan, Aldridge, D’Angelo, Adams, Sweet Lou)

I should replace my Adams with Gary Harris, but don't want to steal your good idea. So I'll take Millsap. And Westbrook becomes Siakam.

Are we working out of our change or do we replace the bucks for the guy not moving forward?

If I’m going cheap, Wil Barton Sterling Brown , Iggy, and Mo Harkless
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:47:40 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: April 28, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

Gad, MIL looks terrible.
I though they come out strong and then they'd barely hang on in a low-scoring 2nd half.  Well, I did call a few blowouts ...

Bled looks shaky.  I thought he was playing real confident and would boost MIL.  But he's never been there before.

MIL doesn't try for O-boards at all.  Think that's a mistake.  And even so, there transition D has been fair.  Speaking of D, Hill has been right with Kyrie, but unable to stop him.  Cannaughton tries hard but is overmatched v. everybody.  BOS getting a ton of 8-10 foot paint shots.

BOS is tough when Horford and Kyrie are on their games.  And they're vets ready for this stuff. 

MIL had Kyrie guarding Mirotic a number of times and didn't do anything with it.  Once they overthrew a lob to Mirrortrick for a turnover.

My whole post-season mantra has been Experience.  I should have stuck with it.  No substitute for playoff experience.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: April 28, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »

When the Celts play D like that, they can beat anyone

horford was the best player on the court today-he was awesome-both ends
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:26:45 PM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: April 28, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »

Btw, GS wins this series . . . and the next . . . and the next . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: April 28, 2019, 04:10:03 PM »

ODDS TO WIN THE 2018-19 NBA FINALS (6/15/19)
Team                          Odds

Golden State Warriors   10/13
Milwaukee Bucks   11/2
Houston Rockets   6/1
Toronto Raptors   8/1
Boston Celtics   20/1
Denver Nuggets   25/1
Portland Blazers   30/1
Philadelphia 76ers   40/1

ODDS TO WIN THE 2018-19 EASTERN CONFERENCE (6/1/19)
Team   Odds
Milwaukee Bucks   1/1
Toronto Raptors   7/5
Boston Celtics   6/1
Philadelphia 76ers   12/1

ODDS TO WIN THE 2018-19 WESTERN CONFERENCE (6/1/19)
Team   Odds
Golden State Warriors   5/11
Houston Rockets   13/5
Denver Nuggets   12/1
Portland Blazers   15/1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:13:03 PM by bankshot1 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: April 28, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »

Re Warriors-Rockets. I think the refs need to keep handing out techs until the players start playing and coaches start coaching. The amount of barking is absurd and the game is borderline unwatchable.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: April 28, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »

Fully unwatchable. This is the year the NBA finally ruined the game.

Harden whining his ass off after he takes a final three from FIVE FEET BEHIND THE THREE POINT LINE and his feet end up TWO FEET IN FRONT OF THE THREE POINT LINE and that's sposed to be a foul.

Landing area is a joke. He wants the landing area for an Aeroflot Mi-26 helicopter.

“I just want a fair chance man. Call the game how it’s supposed to be called and that’s it. I’ll live with the results.”

LMAO.

Call the game how it's supposed to be called, and he's not even in the conversation for first team NBA.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 07:12:32 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: April 28, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »

Gad, MIL looks terrible.
I though they come out strong and then they'd barely hang on in a low-scoring 2nd half.  Well, I did call a few blowouts ...

Bled looks shaky.  I thought he was playing real confident and would boost MIL.  But he's never been there before.

MIL doesn't try for O-boards at all.  Think that's a mistake.  And even so, there transition D has been fair.  Speaking of D, Hill has been right with Kyrie, but unable to stop him.  Cannaughton tries hard but is overmatched v. everybody.  BOS getting a ton of 8-10 foot paint shots.

BOS is tough when Horford and Kyrie are on their games.  And they're vets ready for this stuff. 

MIL had Kyrie guarding Mirotic a number of times and didn't do anything with it.  Once they overthrew a lob to Mirrortrick for a turnover.

My whole post-season mantra has been Experience.  I should have stuck with it.  No substitute for playoff experience.

Bailin' a littttttttle quick.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: April 28, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »

Re:  Rockets

No - no foul on Harden there...

But I think CP was fouled after the rebound.  And I also thought the ball was out off Curry before it hit Gordon.

HOU lost their chance to steal as GSW were up against heavy legs due to the schedule. 

Tougher to win in 6 now, obviously.  But each game is a tossup.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: April 28, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »

Didn't see or pay attention to the rest ... don't have the patience.

But Harden continues to be the game's worst bad joke.

https://twitter.com/Quotemeorelse/status/1122625190511276032

He gets at least 12-15 points a game on crap that would be laughed at at any prior point in the game's history.

Hard to believe he had the cojones to compare the last play to the Kawhi-Pachulia incident. On that incident, Kawhi lands BEHIND where he jumped for the shot. Pachulia slides FORWARD to undercut him.

If it does get to a game 6 or 7, he will surely choke as he has in an unparalleled manner every single time in the past.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: April 28, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »

Green did move forward.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: April 29, 2019, 04:51:26 AM »

Green did move forward.

As recovery from the Harden push-off, which is much closer to a foul than what the Beard is crying about. He still lands THREE FEET SHY of Harden's launch point. Harden KICKS BOTH LEGS UP HORIZONTALLY, extending 7 FEET from his launch point.

This is no one's natural shooting motion.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:53:54 AM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: April 29, 2019, 04:57:45 AM »

Nuff said...
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1851