Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 01, 2022, 11:20:06 PM

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81

Author Topic: NBA  (Read 64877 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: NBA
« Reply #930 on: April 11, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »

I was somewhat disappointed in Okongwu.  Miles Bridges outmuscled/outmanned him a couple times.  OK had a nice PnR oop, and boarded all right, but just everything looked an adventure with him.  Needs to be both more assertive and foul less.  Yeah, he's missed a ton of time, but tentative doesn't cut it.  Hope he can be ready come playoff time.

Meanwhile Sol Hill went all Dray Green, statting it up for 8 / 8 / 7 with a pair of steals and a block.  Played 38 high energy mins with Gallo out.  Season #'s look poor, but that was a very nice game from Hill.  I thought he might be spent as a player.  Showed me.

Miles Bridges has been scoring nicely to complement his stolid D.  Wanamaker always plays well whenever I see him.  Was surprised GSW dumped him.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 15, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »

Luka is uncanny.  Just a split two defenders, stumbling, off the left leg, 3-point floater that leaves his hand with 0.2 ticks left for the 1 pint win.  Doncic was almost at a 45 degree angle when he released the ball.

Before that he had missed his 2nd FT with 3.8 secs left, which would have cut the Griz lead to 1, meaning a foul and made 2 FT's and you can still tie it.  Grayson Allen gets the FT rebound is fouled quickly.  A 90% FT shooter misses both, when he could have iced the game by making both or guaranteed a tie at worst making one.
1.8 secs left, and Luka wins it in ridiculous fashion.

Memf gets hurt by being so young and not having any closer.  That's two games in a week they blew at the end, since they should have won the game v. the Knix.  Gotta have closers and guys with experience in pressure situations. 
Feel bad for Gray Allen.  Had a career night (6-11 on 3's) and then choked.

Des Bane 11 & 5 assists in 19 minutes.  Guy looks like a  real solid player to me.

Since DAL up next:
Their bench had 40 v. Memf
Brunson a near triple-double in 28 mins.  Playing very well.  Heady player.
Redick went 3-4 on 3's.  I forgot DAL added him.

Valancuinas banged around and got 8 O-boards off DAL.
Mavs seem to get slack on boarding and helping rebound when KZ has to commit on help D.  They only fixed that the last 2+ mins when they started gang-rebounding.
But KZ and Kleber are bangers and not terribly quick.
So Knix should crash the boards some.

Funky-Smith likes the left corner 3, but he's pretty erratic.  36% for the season.  Mostly open shots created by Luka.  The temptation is to play off DFS.
Kleber has been in a shooting slump last 10 games just 30% on 3's.
Was missing wide open 3's v Memf (3-11).
DAL takes a lot of 3's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 15, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »

Doncic, who is 10-of-25 on potential tying or go-ahead shots in the final 30 seconds of a game in his career, a 40% success rate
that compares favorably to career totals of the league's most prolific clutch stars such as LeBron James (57-of-178, 32%), Kevin Durant (43-of-143, 30%) and Damian Lillard (37-of-106, 35%).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2021, 11:38:34 AM »

Celts have their shcizz together.

It was just Lakers B team, but nice win - and 40 spot for JB
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 02, 2021, 02:11:22 AM »

I like what HOU has done.
Accumulate  bunch of random guys with potential and give them minutes:

- Christian Wood was a terrific FA pickup.
- Kevin Porter was gifted to them for free.  Off court troubles; on-court production.
And they hooked him up with John Lucas who has made a career out of being a straighten-out guru.
- Jae'Sean Tate - 25 year old undrafted rook has been a real find.
- Olynyk is a tricky jack-of-all-trades
- DJ Wilson a young guy still finding his way in the league but plays hard.
Still erratic but just 25.  Sort of a Kevin Knox type foundling.
- Danuel House is solid.
A few guys such as recent starter Armoni Brooks I'm not familiar with.

They also have injured vets: John Wall, Eric Gordon, A Very Bradley & Sterling Brown.

Bottom out this year, get a top draft pick.
And start sorting out the players to build around.
Try get out of Wall or Gordon's contract.

They have a lot of SG's with Porter, Tate, Gordon, A Very.
Olynyk their only real C.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 02, 2021, 03:35:40 AM »

Wood did not look good vs Warriors.  Just my luck to watch him have an off game when he's on national TV.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
14 > 11
« Reply #937 on: May 02, 2021, 03:44:04 AM »

In that crazy SAS-BOS tilt, rook Nesmith had a terrific game.  A lot of nice hustle plays, very active.  Played 4Q crunchtime and OT.  Career game for Nesmith.  Looked liek a vet.

Vasell otoh got the start for SA and picked up 5 fouls in 15 mins and scored 2 points.
Rushed some shots, too eager on D.  Looked like a rook.

Wood had a very strong April.
Had B2B 24 & 19 / 24 & 18 games last week.
GSW game looks like his worst in quite some time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:16:33 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 02, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »

As should be obvious, most of my trivia questions are just info I read when someone achieves a historic milestone, and I find the list of previous players to do the same interesting.  Occasionally I look up some stats, spot something interesting and make my own trivia Q, but that's likely less than 20% of the time.

I'll plop NBA Trivia in here from now on.
It's supposed to be fun and challenging.
Foir the last Q, I had no idea that West and Thompson had hit 60 before they turned 24.  Jerry West had an amazing career.  Before my time.  Thompson was my favorite player in the late 70's.  He just had such athleticism and force.

People would often say Thompson was a natural athlete, which I think in the 70's/80's was a way of discounting the success of black hoopsters.  And while Thompson was no doubt a stellar athlete, like his follower Michael Jordan, he accentuated that by hard work.  I once came across a 10 page excerpt of Thompson's autobio online.  And he talks about in high school how they had a jump measurement set-up and so he'd practice jumping every day, usually with weights on his ankles.  Wish I got to see him play more, but back in those days West Coast games were hard to come by.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 02, 2021, 02:24:23 PM »

As should be obvious, most of my trivia questions are just info I read when someone achieves a historic milestone, and I find the list of previous players to do the same interesting.  Occasionally I look up some stats, spot something interesting and make my own trivia Q, but that's likely less than 20% of the time.

I'll plop NBA Trivia in here from now on.
It's supposed to be fun and challenging.
Foir the last Q, I had no idea that West and Thompson had hit 60 before they turned 24.  Jerry West had an amazing career.  Before my time.  Thompson was my favorite player in the late 70's.  He just had such athleticism and force.

People would often say Thompson was a natural athlete, which I think in the 70's/80's was a way of discounting the success of black hoopsters.  And while Thompson was no doubt a stellar athlete, like his follower Michael Jordan, he accentuated that by hard work.  I once came across a 10 page excerpt of Thompson's autobio online.  And he talks about in high school how they had a jump measurement set-up and so he'd practice jumping every day, usually with weights on his ankles.  Wish I got to see him play more, but back in those days West Coast games were hard to come by.

I've posted about a gazillion times David Thompson was IMO the best non-center I ever saw play college ball. He was that much better than everyone else bouncing a ball on Tobacco Rd. Others drove to the hoop, Thompson flew a fucking rocket to the hoop.  He was a special talent.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2021, 12:15:46 AM »

Lakes without Schroder losing to TOR starting Mal Flynn and StanJohnson.
OG and FVV out for TOR.  Flynn & Johnson didn't score for the game.

I tune in for start of 4Q.  TOR makes a basket.  Lakes inbound and Stan John just takes the ball from an unsuspecting Laker.  Great defender even if he can't score.  Soon after StanJohn clanks an open 3. 

Lakes go on an 8-0 run to cut the lead to 8.  Lowry responds with his own 8-0 run to kick it up to 16.  Then LeBJ comes out with 7 mins left after a Siakim bucket.  A few minutes later AD is clutching his shoulder.  LeBJ not even on the bench ...

Lowry & Siakim combine for 76 to 31 for LBJ & AD.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:45:12 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 04, 2021, 02:41:04 AM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Not just yet ...
« Reply #942 on: May 04, 2021, 02:54:57 AM »

Counting ABA play:
- Melo is 12th all-time, behind Dan Issel, who would have more if the NBA had a 3-point line in his heyday.
- Dr. J combines for over 30K to reclaim his rightful stature;
- Moses Malone just shy of 30K. 
- And look at freakin' LeBron making a run at #1.

NBA/ABA
1.   Kareem            38387
2.   Karl Malone   36928
3.   LeBron James   35318

4.   Kobe Bryant    33643
5.   Michael Jordan    32292
6.   Dirk Nowitzki   31560
7.   Chamberlain    31419
8.   Julius Erving    30026

9.   Moses Malone    29580
10.   Shaq O'Neal    28596
11.   Dan Issel      27482
12.   Melo Anthony   27314
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 02:58:52 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 04, 2021, 02:59:55 AM »

ATL getting helathy.
Trae, Snell and Huerter back.
Hunter and Cam still out.

Bog shot 7-14 on 3's.
Outdone by Gallo's 7-10.
Scorching ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Lakers push for 5 seed?
« Reply #944 on: May 16, 2021, 12:23:28 PM »

I thought everyone had these guys dead

Heh

Even at the 7, I have LAL as one of eight teams that could win it all.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81