Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762665 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1065 on: February 05, 2021, 09:15:10 PM »

Banks,  can you hook me up with someone who has a space laser?   There's a spot in Ohio I want to zap.

I heard that a Mohel in Wyoming is retiring and has a Rothschild XTC-15, used only for the occasional bris and igniting charcoal briquettes. Starts a nice fire. I'll see what I can find out.

Ah, the infamous Frank Zapper model!

Is that the one with a dynamo hum?  A dangerous machine -- ended the life of Felix Frankfurter.     

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 05, 2021, 09:25:43 PM »

It failed in the senate last year when there was a GOP majority.  Why did some GOP senators vote against it then? Because the bill could criminalize doctors who remove a nonviable fetus and is also unnecessary — not only because a live birth after an abortion attempt is an extremely unlikely scenario but also because laws already exist to protect an infant in this instance anyway.    Context,  old chap,  is important. 

(posted before I saw Josh's post)
Context?
What kind of answer is that to my post?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 05, 2021, 09:26:53 PM »

Banks,  can you hook me up with someone who has a space laser?   There's a spot in Ohio I want to zap.

I heard that a Mohel in Wyoming is retiring and has a Rothschild XTC-15, used only for the occasional bris and igniting charcoal briquettes. Starts a nice fire. I'll see what I can find out.

Ah, the infamous Frank Zapper model!

Is that the one with a dynamo hum?  A dangerous machine -- ended the life of Felix Frankfurter.   

Loved him in The Rocky Horror Picture Show!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 05, 2021, 09:34:40 PM »

Another real good interview from today, this time from FOX

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mike-rowe-price-of-safety-devastating

"Risk is the only four-letter word that matters," Rowe agreed. "It impacts and informs every decision we make, from driving a car to walking around without a mask or wearing one mask or two masks."

"We're starting to see," Rowe concluded, "if you elevate the business of staying alive to the very, very top of all things, then the only thing you'll ever do is stay alive. You won't go anywhere. You won't try anything or build anything."

Very well said.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 05, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/02/05/why-conservatives-are-now-targeting-the-victims-of-the-capitol-riot/

I'd say the RW mocking victims is nothing new.   We've had decades of police preying on people of color who are then denigrated for "victim mentality" when they make the slightest objection to brutal treatment or profess any fear/anger. 

Social justice, as a cluster of hotbutton issues,  isn't going away, no matter how much the Right Wing mock victims of injustice or make up lies.
The post has no content
Surprisingly apt self criticism.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 05, 2021, 09:53:08 PM »

The free market strikes again!

See ya Lou Dobbs, you crazy sick motherfucker

https://ctv.kwayisi.org/rankings/

Aint nobody not watching THE FIVE at that hour anyway

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 05, 2021, 10:37:32 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 05, 2021, 10:47:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/politics/house-floor-security-republicans-fined/index.html

Louis Gohmert is complaining that he only went to the bathroom, so he should not have had to be screened again.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 05, 2021, 10:49:59 PM »

If Michael Corleone was searched on his way back from the bathroom Captain McCloskey would  still be alive.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 05, 2021, 11:18:57 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/politics/house-floor-security-republicans-fined/index.html

Louis Gohmert is complaining that he only went to the bathroom, so he should not have had to be screened again.

Wow.  Cool.

kidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 05, 2021, 11:32:59 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 05, 2021, 11:33:19 PM »

Judging by the recent crap stained posts of Red and Kid, it was another bad bad day for the GOP.

Biden’s sensible approach to government is steadily flattening the blood flecked trolls on this forum.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 06, 2021, 04:21:24 AM »

So the Trumpeters planted some time bombs amidst the Federal gov't.

They made some last week secret deals with ICE and DHS pro-Trump unions, including a provision that the unions would be consulted for 180 days before any changes to their department's regulations could be approved.  Why not 1,460 days?
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-biden-cabinet-arizona-coronavirus-pandemic-crime-b93078022e6dfdcb1d21abd93adc7dfe

I doubt this will hold up in court.  I assume Prez Biden could just abrogate these last minute union deals citing national security concerns.

Does make it clear that the Biden Admin needs to comb through all Fed activity from the past few months (and more) in all department looking for rigged ish along these lines.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 2929