Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750948 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12945 on: July 28, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »

The death rate for the flu is about 1per cent
No it is not. It is less than 0.1 per cent.with many refusing to get vaccinated, with the elderly the most vulnerable.
My bad. But it is interesting to remember that Fauci over a year ago predicted Covid deaths would shake out equal to the flu.  He was estimating the reported cases to be much higher than the mythical 35 million we have to date.  Notice at the 88 million CDC estimate of 8 months ago the death rate from Covid and the Flu would be very close. Also it should be noted that Covid Deaths and Flu deaths are not counted in the same way.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:45:50 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: July 28, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »

Red is trying to defend his membership in his rapidly shrinking fascist club, the republican party.

Red is an idiot and the position is indefensible, so it’s not going well for him.

Don’t worry, Red. Even when there are only five of you left, you Jonestown republicans will still be offering up fresh batches of your koolaid to the extremely bigoted and the extremely gullible.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12947 on: July 28, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »

In December of 2020 the CDC estimated there were 88 million cases of Covid, yet the “ official” tally today is  35 million because our testing is so spotty.
With US deaths at 630,000 the death rate is either .007 or 1.8%
And almost all fatalities have occurred in older people or those with underlying conditions

The death rate for the flu is about 1per cent with many refusing to get vaccinated, with the elderly the most vulnerable.

According to Google’s coronavirus tracking system on July 26, 275people are dying from the virus on a seven day average, while overall infection cases are rising.
In February as the vaccines were being rolled out 3,056 people were dying on a seven day average.

Despite all the noise from the politicians, the scientists, and the media the public has figured out its   risks and applied it to individual living conditions.
It has little or no connection to who they voted for.

“I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down please!’”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/politics/donald-trump-testing-slow-down-response/index.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: July 28, 2021, 06:40:22 PM »

Sydney and 100km N, S, & W is under "lockdown".
Can't be letting Delta get out of control.
People are under "stay at home" orders.
Can leave home for exercise, doctor, buy food, work.
In 8 LGAs (local govt areas, boroughs) people cannot leave their LGA even for work. Federal govt is handing out $750pw to workers who have lost more than 20 hrs and $450pw to ones who have lost less than 20 hours pw.
Financial assistance for businesses too.
Lockdown extended until end of August.

State Premier Gladys Berejiklian...said that the biggest spreader of the virus is illegal family gatherings.
Yes, people who won't do as they're told and stay home...keep visiting family, cousins, grandparents...hugging, kissing, close talking, breathing the aerosol virus all over each other etc.
50 people piled into a house after a family tragedy...20 or so caught Covid delta, the matriarch of the family aged 80 is now dead.
Gladys tells them over the tv, begs them, to stop doing it.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:51:21 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: July 28, 2021, 06:43:12 PM »

Quote from: REDSTATEWARD
In December of 2020 the CDC estimated there were 88 million cases of Covid, yet the “ official” tally today is  35 million because our testing is so spotty.
With US deaths at 630,000 the death rate is either .007 or 1.8%
And almost all fatalities have occurred in older people or those with underlying conditions

No it is not. It is less than 0.1 per cent.with many refusing to get vaccinated, with the elderly the most vulnerable.

Correct. My bad.

/Faints/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: July 28, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »

The CDC figures for flu vaccinations from 2019

Percent of adults aged 18 and over who received an influenza vaccination during the past 12 months: 46.8%
Source: Early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2019 National Health Interview Surveypdf icon

Percent of adults aged 18-49 who received an influenza vaccination during the past 12 months: 34.2%
Percent of adults aged 50-64 who received an influenza vaccination during the past 12 months: 46.8%
Percent of adults aged 65 and over who received an influenza vaccination during the past 12 months: 68.7%

Very similar to Covid immunizations this year.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: July 28, 2021, 06:49:15 PM »

No it is not. It is less than 0.1 per cent
My bad.
Who are you and what have you done with Red?
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: July 28, 2021, 07:14:51 PM »

I'm curious why Red minimizes the death of thousands of older Americans? Deaths that could be avoided at least for a few years to adopting sensible hygene and medical procedures. He seems to believe Americas make reasoned decisions, some do, but many don't. Those who have been fed dangerous lies and propaganda can be easily misled.

I read recently US life expectancy decreased in last year, by almost 1 year, with Black and Hispanic populations hit hardest.

Red is too fucking dumb to understand that while the pandemic on a stand alone basis impacted our health, it also prevented many Americans from proper medical care, or needed medical attention, dr visits, procedures, etc. that could have prolonged life for many Americans.

Red's a heartless and stupid piece of shit who politicizes almost every issue.

Folks that you believe are "minimizing" deaths really aren't.  Get real and folks will listen more often.

Kid you want real? OK Here goes.

You're a fucking moron that didn't realize that Team Trump serially lied to you about the dangers of covid.

He minimized the threat and you were too stupid and too cowed to understand the risk and danger.

I hope I've re-established my Elba street cred.

If not,  go fuck yourself.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: July 28, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »

Who says I was listening to Trump?

I have always taken COVID-19 quite seriously.

And also have wondered about how China handled things, without swiping it under the rug like Dems did - since they didnt want to appear to be agreeing with Trump.

As you were, Bank - dont pop a vessel

(Tatum 5-11 vs Iran - yayyyyy)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:25:53 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: July 28, 2021, 07:56:23 PM »

Jasmyne Cannick is a great American.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: July 28, 2021, 08:41:48 PM »

Who says I was listening to Trump?

I have always taken COVID-19 quite seriously.

"I wear my mask when required to."

"I have always taken COVID-19 quite seriously."

Yeah, oh so seriously.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: July 28, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »

Bruce and Carlson simply hitting it out of the park tonight re:  COVID-19.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: July 28, 2021, 08:52:31 PM »

hehehe

"This is insane - who is going to stand up and say so?  No one."

Classic.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: July 28, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: July 28, 2021, 08:58:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-28-21/h_f246c4c79257bea155ae3a19c6e25b98

Gov. of Kansas says masks must be worn in the state buildings regardless of vax status.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 2924