Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751267 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12930 on: July 28, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: July 28, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/07/how-bad-could-the-delta-variant-get.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/covid-vaccine-hesitant.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

From the NY Times piece:
Others were moved by practical considerations: plans to attend a college that is requiring students to be vaccinated, a desire to spend time socializing with high school classmates, or a job where unvaccinated employees were told to wear masks. Their answers suggest that the mandates or greater restrictions on the unvaccinated that are increasingly a matter of debate by employers and government officials could make a significant difference.
Conservative commentators and politicians have questioned the safety of the three vaccines that the Food and Drug Administration has approved for emergency use, and in some parts of the country, opposition to inoculation is tied to politics. An analysis by The New York Times of vaccine records and voter records in every county in the United States found that both willingness to receive a coronavirus vaccine and actual vaccination rates were lower, on average, in counties where a majority of residents voted to re-elect Donald J. Trump.

The states that the NYT reporters talked to folks in were Connecticut, Iowa, Oregon, Illinois, California, Wisconsin, and Florida.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: July 28, 2021, 05:31:55 PM »

In December of 2020 the CDC estimated there were 88 million cases of Covid, yet the “ official” tally today is  35 million because our testing is so spotty.
With US deaths at 630,000 the death rate is either .007 or 1.8%
And almost all fatalities have occurred in older people or those with underlying conditions

The death rate for the flu is about 1per cent with many refusing to get vaccinated, with the elderly the most vulnerable.

According to Google’s coronavirus tracking system on July 26, 275people are dying from the virus on a seven day average, while overall infection cases are rising.
In February as the vaccines were being rolled out 3,056 people were dying on a seven day average.

Despite all the noise from the politicians, the scientists, and the media the public has figured out its   risks and applied it to individual living conditions.
It has little or no connection to who they voted for.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:33:33 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: July 28, 2021, 05:38:53 PM »

The reluctance to get vaccines is not political....

LOL!!!!!!!
The resistance to get vaccines is not political.

LMAO!!!!!
Risk perception is the driving force for decisions to get the vaccine.

And what sort of person manipulates other people's risk perception?

Hint:  it rhymes with "call petition"
YHNIHLITMTFTO.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: July 28, 2021, 05:41:10 PM »

In December of 2020 the CDC estimated there were 88 million cases of Covid, yet the “ official” tally today is  35 million because our testing is so spotty.
With US deaths at 630,000 the death rate is either .007 or 1.8%
And almost all fatalities have occurred in older people or those with underlying conditions

The death rate for the flu is about 1per cent
No it is not. It is less than 0.1 per cent.
with many refusing to get vaccinated, with the elderly the most vulnerable.

According to Google’s coronavirus tracking system on July 26, 275people are dying from the virus on a seven day average, while overall infection cases are rising.
In February as the vaccines were being rolled out 3,056 people were dying on a seven day average.

Despite all the noise from the politicians, the scientists, and the media the public has figured out its   risks and applied it to individual living conditions.
It has little or no connection to who they voted for.
Except it does.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12938 on: July 28, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

YHNIHLITMTFTO.

Ok,  I'm really trying to up my game with all you acronym fetishists.   So I got this, I think...

you have no idea how long it took me to figure that out

This is completely true.  I hope those weren't billable hours.   

The fun in all this was that,  when Ward would cite an article that he intended to rebut me,  it would invariably have several paragraphs supporting my point.   Which was that opposition to inoculation is sometimes tied to politics of a partisan nature.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: July 28, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »

Let’s see how the vote goes...

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/28/1021768174/bipartisan-senate-negotiators-say-they-reach-a-deal-on-infrastructure-after-hicc

Separately, Senate Democrats continue to try to get agreement among all 50 of the members in their caucus on a $3.5 trillion spending package that includes the president's domestic priorities that some are calling "human infrastructure." Among these are an extension of the child care tax credit, climate change provisions, health care programs and potentially immigration reforms.

Yeah - good luck with that.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: July 28, 2021, 06:14:49 PM »

I'm curious why Red minimizes the death of thousands of older Americans? Deaths that could be avoided at least for a few years to adopting sensible hygene and medical procedures. He seems to believe Americas make reasoned decisions, some do, but many don't. Those who have been fed dangerous lies and propaganda can be easily misled.

I read recently US life expectancy decreased in last year, by almost 1 year, with Black and Hispanic populations hit hardest.

Red is too fucking dumb to understand that while the pandemic on a stand alone basis impacted our health, it also prevented many Americans from proper medical care, or needed medical attention, dr visits, procedures, etc. that could have prolonged life for many Americans.

Red's a heartless and stupid piece of shit who politicizes almost every issue.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12941 on: July 28, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/28/1021768174/bipartisan-senate-negotiators-say-they-reach-a-deal-on-infrastructure-after-hicc

Separately, Senate Democrats continue to try to get agreement among all 50 of the members in their caucus on a $3.5 trillion spending package that includes the president's domestic priorities that some are calling "human infrastructure." Among these are an extension of the child care tax credit, climate change provisions, health care programs and potentially immigration reforms.

Good point.   I don't think Americans want those things as much as they want keeping corporate taxes and high-income earner taxes extremely low.   

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: July 28, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »

Thank you for your good wishes! Glad you are putting partisan politics behind you and supporting something to aid all Americans in troubling times!

When that is passed, it will be amusing to watch Republicans take credit for the very popular programs in the bill, like they have with the stimulus package they opposed.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: July 28, 2021, 06:19:41 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!

YHNIHLITMTFTO.

Ok,  I'm really trying to up my game with all you acronym fetishists.   So I got this, I think...

you have no idea how long it took me to figure that out

This is completely true.  I hope those weren't billable hours.   

The fun in all this was that,  when Ward would cite an article that he intended to rebut me,  it would invariably have several paragraphs supporting my point.   Which was that opposition to inoculation is sometimes tied to politics of a partisan nature.
YNI.

I don't think Red reads the articles he links to. He's more a swallow the right wing click bait sort of guy.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: July 28, 2021, 06:29:48 PM »

I'm curious why Red minimizes the death of thousands of older Americans? Deaths that could be avoided at least for a few years to adopting sensible hygene and medical procedures. He seems to believe Americas make reasoned decisions, some do, but many don't. Those who have been fed dangerous lies and propaganda can be easily misled.

I read recently US life expectancy decreased in last year, by almost 1 year, with Black and Hispanic populations hit hardest.

Red is too fucking dumb to understand that while the pandemic on a stand alone basis impacted our health, it also prevented many Americans from proper medical care, or needed medical attention, dr visits, procedures, etc. that could have prolonged life for many Americans.

Red's a heartless and stupid piece of shit who politicizes almost every issue.

Folks that you believe are "minimizing" deaths really aren't.  Get real and folks will listen more often.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 2924