Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751454 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16635 on: September 21, 2021, 08:55:51 AM »

NOTE: Hamilton has expressed an ongoing lack of clarity on the cause of his most recent banning (and the one before it).

So, let me make it clear:

Stay away from other posters' personal real life events, families, and friends.

This does not forbid expressions of sincere condolences. (But does cover "I'm sorry your spouse died of stupidity" and other forms of fake comfort.)

Anybody other than Hamilton have any doubts about what this means?!

He knows.

He just does not care

Dick 2 doubles down on Dick 1 post

We get it - you don't appreciate Ham Sam.  Get over it and converse with him - or just let him converse with others.  The juvenile shit is maddening.

Your inspired defense of your fellow racist is moot, Kid.

The rule is just not that tough to manage. It wasn't invented for Ham. It's not original to this message board. And he is not the only one to have been given a time out for it, for all that he is by far the worst offender and the most in denial of it.

I don't appreciate Hamilton. I agree with some of his politics, I find many of his posting habits revolting, and I find when he bothers that he writes extremely well.

But there are posters I appreciate far less than him. I find them consistently disingenuous and tedious. They repeat lies without apology. They admit mistakes even less often than Ham does, while making them more often.

But they don't get temporary bans, let alone the quasi-permanent one that I could have reenacted when Ham came back in violation of the permanent ban, using a new IP address.

So, no, Kid, I am not going to undo that policy. It isn't new, just newly stated in so many words here.

No, Kid, I don't ban Ham because I don't like him. I ban him because he breaks the rules.

Your inability to process that is about as predictable as his refusal to admit when he has screwed up - or, when admitting it, then blaming others for his future transgression, as if he had no volition.

There was no reason to bring this back on the board, when you had the means to keep it within the "My Messages". Look at the fucking mess you've made.

Stop blaming me for your mistakes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: September 21, 2021, 08:56:33 AM »

NOTE: Hamilton has expressed an ongoing lack of clarity on the cause of his most recent banning (and the one before it).

This does not forbid expressions of sincere condolences. (But does cover "I'm sorry your spouse died of stupidity" and other forms of fake comfort.)

He knows.

He just does not care

We get it - you don't appreciate Ham Sam.  Get over it and converse with him - or just let him converse with others.  The juvenile shit is maddening.

Fuck him and fuck you.

heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: September 21, 2021, 08:57:55 AM »

The French wanted a gyro's welcome.

Which is not appropriate if the product is SUBstandard. 

Is Hamster banned again??   I saw one post which didn't seem all that offensive,  so I'm guessing something was deleted.   

I was hoping he'd reply to my reply to his extant post from yesterday.

Nope, not banned, yet. That was josh using the forum here to vent because he doesn't like me using "My Messages" to send him a POV with which he disagrees. So he is cluttering up your life with his personal issues.

Doubt he will apologize for that.

heh

unbelievable clown
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: September 21, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »

He knows.

He just does not care

I used to respond to Forrest's substantive posts and ignore his racist posts. But I got sick of his bullying racism, and now I pretty much ignore his substantive posts because eventually "Forrest" shows up, no matter how well Ham starts. That is on his behavior. But that is not why he gets booted. He gets booted for doxxing people and using personal information to bully people. He knows it. And you do too.

Lying liars. It's what they do.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:52 AM »

BLM = anti-vaxxers

Hawk Newsome, the founder of BLM Greater New York Chapter, said, "Listen, vaccine is a choice, it's a choice. You shouldn't exclude people from everyday activities because they choose not to engage in something they have every reason to doubt."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blm-holds-cancel-carmines-protest-in-nyc

A leader for a group says something, so everybody in the group believes it and that is what the group stands for...

Yet, if they are a Republican, that's EXACTLY how YOU treat them.

Hypocrite.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: September 21, 2021, 09:43:57 AM »

So the shit show known as the Biden Presidency is crashing and burning.
And it appears that the people best positioned to keep it alive are none other than the GOP.

Is not that special?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: September 21, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »

I'll ask Hamilton Samuels the same question I've asked Red.  Why do you keep returning to a place where you dislike everybody so? 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #16642 on: September 21, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »

So the shit show known as the Biden Presidency is crashing and burning.
And it appears that the people best positioned to keep it alive are none other than the GOP.

Really need to wait and see what passes,  and in what form,  on infrastructure,  green energy,  educational assistance, voting rights,  before anything can be dubbed a crash. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #16643 on: September 21, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »

BLM = anti-vaxxers

Hawk Newsome, the founder of BLM Greater New York Chapter, said, "Listen, vaccine is a choice, it's a choice. You shouldn't exclude people from everyday activities because they choose not to engage in something they have every reason to doubt."

A leader for a group says something, so everybody in the group believes it and that is what the group stands for...

Hypocrite.

I can see the temptation to lump,  on every point of the political spectrum.  One reason it's tempting to do that with Republicans is the way they have rallied around the most outrageous nonsense from loudmouths.   Or stayed silent when they disagree with said loudmouths.  If more moderate Republicans would speak out against the extremist demagogues and conspiracy loons,  I would certainly be less tempted to see them all as sheep.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: September 21, 2021, 10:20:33 AM »

I'll ask Hamilton Samuels the same question I've asked Red.  Why do you keep returning to a place where you dislike everybody so?

I'll answer your question.

I don't "dislike everybody so".

Actually, I don't even think about liking or disliking anyone here. Realistically, no one here truly knows anyone else. You may think you know, but you don't.

The weak-minded try to surround themselves with those who think exactly like they do. They prefer the echo chamber to being challenged as to what they believe or think. (Larry, josh, fac, the lying lawyer of AZ, etc)

It should be one's responsibility to expose and educate the weak-minded here and elsewhere.

Call it a public service, if you will.

I could sit on the sidelines, like you, and pretend not to see the blatant hypocrisy that permeates this forum.

But that's not me.

As to my rant here this morning. Imagine that YOU wrote to me in the My Messages, and it was your way of addressing a thorny issue with another poster in as private a way as was available to you, and then the other poster went public with the discussion, but greatly distorted what you had written. How would you feel about that? This is the second time that has happened here. I'll leave out the first time.

We are told to try to keep the place civil, and then when I take the path of doing just that, the "moderator" goes rogue so he can "win"?

WTF.

So, it's not about disliking anyone. It's about disliking what some (particularly on the left) do.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.

if you have more such questions, use the My Message, button.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: September 21, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »

BLM = anti-vaxxers

Hypocrite.

I can see the temptation to lump,  on every point of the political spectrum.  One reason it's tempting to do that with Republicans is the way they have rallied around the most outrageous nonsense from loudmouths.   Or stayed silent when they disagree with said loudmouths.  If more moderate Republicans would speak out against the extremist demagogues and conspiracy loons,  I would certainly be less tempted to see them all as sheep.

Maybe you can't hear some of them above the noisy din of outrage coming from the extreme left? Maybe it is the way everything is covered in the "news" these days?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: September 21, 2021, 10:26:55 AM »

I'll answer your question.

I don't "dislike everybody so".

Actually, I don't even think about liking or disliking anyone here. Realistically, no one here truly knows anyone else. You may think you know, but you don't.

The weak-minded try to surround themselves with those who think exactly like they do. They prefer the echo chamber to being challenged as to what they believe or think. (Larry, josh, fac, the lying lawyer of AZ, etc)

It should be one's responsibility to expose and educate the weak-minded here and elsewhere.

Call it a public service, if you will.

I could sit on the sidelines, like you, and pretend not to see the blatant hypocrisy that permeates this forum.

But that's not me.

As to my rant here this morning. Imagine that YOU wrote to me in the My Messages, and it was your way of addressing a thorny issue with another poster in as private a way as was available to you, and then the other poster went public with the discussion, but greatly distorted what you had written. How would you feel about that? This is the second time that has happened here. I'll leave out the first time.

We are told to try to keep the place civil, and then when I take the path of doing just that, the "moderator" goes rogue so he can "win"?

WTF.

So, it's not about disliking anyone. It's about disliking what some (particularly on the left) do.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.

if you have more such questions, use the My Message, button.
Ah.  You think you're making a difference.  Hysterical.   
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: September 21, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »

josh is now taking personal messages and posting them here for your approval and disapproval, but only after first seriously distorting that private conversation. Anyone have any doubts that josh has lost his ability to be a "moderator" as his personal biases have infected his "work" here?

The My Messages vessel was used in order to keep the discussion off of here. Josh is now violating that concept. Clearly, he has an agenda. Eliminate anyone who disagrees with his politics.

Soooooooooo leftist.

Pretty feeble.

I didn't post your note, though I can if you would like.

And you are still not "eliminated."

Is the rule clear to you, now?!

But, as ever, Ham, feel free to complain to the Admin.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: September 21, 2021, 11:06:50 AM »

Mission accomplished

By getting you idiots to say "all BLM are not anti- vax" you admit this guy is.

And thus amplify the message that NO - this opinion this stance of not wishing to get vaccinated does not solely reside with white Trump backers (got that Nicole Wallace?)

(Damn - and I just loved her in GAME CHANGE)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: September 21, 2021, 11:14:57 AM »

Why don't you post a direct quote from somebody, anybody, who has said that  those who are not getting vaccinated are "solely...white Trump backers."

Mission accomplished!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 2924