Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751325 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18690 on: October 21, 2021, 10:17:48 AM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: October 21, 2021, 10:21:41 AM »

My guess is other Dems aren't really on board - just goin along to get along (and get re-elected)

Any Dem whisper of "I'd like to do it a little differently" gets shouted down by the nasty bunch
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: October 21, 2021, 10:32:56 AM »

My guess is other Dems aren't really on board - just goin along to get along (and get re-elected)

Any Dem whisper of "I'd like to do it a little differently" gets shouted down by the nasty bunch
My guess is you suffer from chronic craniorectal immersion.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: October 21, 2021, 10:34:36 AM »

What we do have is the power to adapt to climate change.
As we have always had.

That will be cheaper for people 100 years from now than it would today by eliminating fossil fuels.

False.
Already proven true

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: October 21, 2021, 10:37:30 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/climate/climate-change-economy.html

GHG mitigation matters,  and saves trillions,  in every projection I've seen.
You must live in the fiction section of the library.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: October 21, 2021, 10:38:21 AM »

They though they'd be happy, the rest of their lives, with their Sinema girl.

5 Veterans Quit Kyrsten Sinema's Advisory Council In Protest
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/veterans-quit-sinema-advisory-council-protest_n_61716abee4b066de4f5f0e30

They were wrong.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: October 21, 2021, 10:40:59 AM »

As we have always had.

That will be cheaper for people 100 years from now than it would today by eliminating fossil fuels.

False.
Already proven true
Proven? Something that will take place in 100 years has been proven true? You build a time machine without telling us?
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: October 21, 2021, 11:33:38 AM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true.   
Proven? Something that will take place in 100 years has been proven true? You build a time machine without telling us?
Adaptation is a persistent and has been for every creature on earth forever.
Despite government mandates and subsidies thrown  at green energy sources fossil fuels grow in production along with CO2 emissions.  It is pretty obvious where people come down  on this issue.
Remember if Tesla reduces fossil fuel need Lithium miners will need more to mine it
And so it goes as it always has. The free market is the choice of the people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:36:42 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: October 21, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »

My guess is you suffer from chronic craniorectal immersion.

You really think ALL Dems were in on 15 TRILLION DOLLARS?  Even the THREE POINT FIVE TRILLION?  If given their preference?  Come on.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #18699 on: October 21, 2021, 11:48:15 AM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true

Guess you missed the "climate change could cut world economy by 23 trillion" example report I posted.  Or the IPCC exec summary whose most conservative scenario still much favored the economics of mitigation of greenhouse gases over just reacting to sea level rises, increased storms, drought, desertification, deforestation, rampant wildfires, mass population displacements, etc.  If partisan ideology can persuade that an ounce of prevention isn't worth a pound of cure, then it's more psychosis than ideology. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #18700 on: October 21, 2021, 12:00:44 PM »

And suddenly many of them, including pollinating insects, are going extinct.  Guess it's not quite as "forever" as you hoped.
Despite government mandates and subsidies thrown  at green energy sources fossil fuels grow in production along with CO2 emissions.  It is pretty obvious where people come down on this issue.

Wherever they are led by politicians.  Based on whatever failure to understand that present mitigation can't keep up with growth of CO2 emissions, which is why the pressing need to shift to alternative energy sources and agriculture methods.  The response of adaptable humans in NOT "well, we have failed to solve a pressing problem so far, so let's just give up."

Remember if Tesla reduces fossil fuel need Lithium miners will need more to mine it
And so it goes as it always has.

The fossil fuel presently used in lithium mining is a minute fraction of that which would be used by fossil fuel vehicles which aren't replaced by using that lithium.  So the net saving of carbon is large.  A 4th grader could do that math.  And moving towards heavy equipment powered by renewables and/or fuel cells eventually reaches the lithium miners and manufacturers of batteries.  No one is expecting industry to go to zero emissions overnight, and that is only a straw man used by entrenched fossil fuel companies to discredit progress in a good direction.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: October 21, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »

And suddenly many of them, including pollinating insects, are going extinct.  Guess it's not quite as "forever" as you hoped.
Despite government mandates and subsidies thrown  at green energy sources fossil fuels grow in production along with CO2 emissions.  It is pretty obvious where people come down on this issue.

Wherever they are led by politicians.  Based on whatever failure to understand that present mitigation can't keep up with growth of CO2 emissions, which is why the pressing need to shift to alternative energy sources and agriculture methods.  The response of adaptable humans in NOT "well, we have failed to solve a pressing problem so far, so let's just give up."

And so it goes as it always has.

The fossil fuel presently used in lithium mining is a minute fraction of that which would be used by fossil fuel vehicles which aren't replaced by using that lithium.  So the net saving of carbon is large.  A 4th grader could do that math.  And moving towards heavy equipment powered by renewables and/or fuel cells eventually reaches the lithium miners and manufacturers of batteries.  No one is expecting industry to go to zero emissions overnight, and that is only a straw man used by entrenched fossil fuel companies to discredit progress in a good direction.
You seem to have spent your whole life not paying attention to the ongoing adaptations of nature or those that are the result of the resourcefulness of humans.
Here is some interesting info to help you.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/climate-change-adaptation-panic-exaggerating-disaster-11634760376?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:33:46 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: October 21, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: October 21, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »

Many cities are using "Tiny Villages" in order to house the homeless, the tiny homes have 2 beds, and they have heating and air conditioning, with a locking door. People in Detroit can create jobs in Detroit by manufacturing the tiny homes then selling them to cities all over the USA.

And on Skid Row in Los Angeles there will be new towers to house people. You can have door men, security guards, and cameras, and the crime at the towers can be kept down to zero. It is easy to keep the peace with towers. When I was a doorman / valet for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West in West Hollywood we kept the crime down to zero. People can run the towers for the poor people just the same as they would for the rich people, and the crime can be kept down to zero. And the towers for the poor can have services to help them.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 2924