Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760202 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22230 on: December 15, 2021, 02:43:56 PM »

Motherfucking Manchin doing his best to tank Biden agenda and democracy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/12/15/biden-manchin-spending-democrats/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22231 on: December 15, 2021, 03:03:39 PM »

Cesar Chavez said that the best use of an education is to use to help other people. People who are given the gift of intelligence need to use their gift to help other people, they need to read, and study, and learn, and they need to get way ahead, and then they need to spend their time helping humanity. Otherwise what is life about? Certainly life is not just about making money, and money is just a tool to use to do good things with.

My heroes are the gifted ones who use their gifts to help humanity, such as Dolly Parton, and Willie Nelson. Dolly helped to fund a vaccine for the corona virus, and Willie Nelson does concerts for the farmers, etc.

People need to study hard and learn and when you are young then you learn, and when you get older then you can write and teach. And our gifts are best used when we help humanity.

Even the little things make a difference, the main thing is that we need to choose to care about humanity.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22233 on: December 15, 2021, 04:14:58 PM »

Keith Smith, whose wife had gone to court to have his COVID-19 infection treated with ivermectin, died Sunday evening, a week after he received his first dose of the controversial drug.

He was 52.

Well, he "won".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-whose-wife-won-court-160446612.html

Quite sure there are untruths in this piece.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22234 on: December 15, 2021, 04:17:14 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22235 on: December 15, 2021, 04:21:50 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22236 on: December 15, 2021, 04:31:38 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22237 on: December 15, 2021, 04:39:24 PM »

Farah Pahlavi

1 hour

"Rereading this book after so many years brings me straight back to Iran, to my years as a teenager, my time as a young wife, a mother, and, of course, my time as the first crowned empress of Iran. At the time I wrote my memoir, I had no idea what was to come. I believed in family and duty, in goodness and integrity. I was committed to the rights of women and children, and I devoted myself to the betterment of my country. I did not want to lose sight of Irans glorious history, so revered by the entire world, but I wanted my compatriots to benefit from modernity, education, health, and industrialization as well. I look back on my energy and optimism, that of a much younger woman, and although so much has happened to me and to Iran since my values and aspirations have stayed the same. My fate was, and will always be, tied to that of my country."

1001 Days: Memoirs of an Empress available now with all fine booksellers and online

----------

I wish that the Pahlavi family still ruled in Iran. We need to have good people in Iran who we can support, who are peaceful.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:41:06 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22238 on: December 15, 2021, 04:39:56 PM »

Keith Smith, whose wife had gone to court to have his COVID-19 infection treated with ivermectin, died Sunday evening, a week after he received his first dose of the controversial drug.

He was 52.

Well, he "won".

Like what?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22239 on: December 15, 2021, 04:53:22 PM »

He was 52.

Well, he "won".

Based on... what?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22240 on: December 15, 2021, 04:54:49 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-lashes-out-critics-said-hypocrite-on-disaster-relief-2021-12

Meh...

I would think Senator Paul wants the Kentucky aid offset, as he stated in other instances.

You don't read very well, do you?

"as he stated," except that in some other instances the offsets were provided in the bill and he still opposed it.

Try again, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22242 on: December 15, 2021, 05:51:09 PM »

He was 52.

Well, he "won".

Based on... what?

Well, at first I should have said, "And...?"

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22243 on: December 15, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-lashes-out-critics-said-hypocrite-on-disaster-relief-2021-12

Meh...

I would think Senator Paul wants the Kentucky aid offset, as he stated in other instances.

"as he stated," except that in some other instances the offsets were provided in the bill and he still opposed it.

Try again, Kid.

Nah - I think I covered it

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22244 on: December 15, 2021, 06:28:21 PM »

Meh...

Try again, Kid.

Nah - I think I covered it

Given that he'd voted against stuff that was offset, your position is the same as his - hypocritical.
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 2929