Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760416 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22215 on: December 14, 2021, 11:31:45 PM »

If you can read that transcript and still admire the Trump, you are a tumor in the body of democracy. 

And teachers scrabble for money in South Dakota....

https://www.npr.org/live-updates/morning-edition-2021-12-14#organizers-of-the-south-dakota-teacher-dash-for-cash-are-apologizing-and-paying-up

You would think they could take the ten teachers and award them each $500 for their schools but NOOOooooo!

No. make them grovel for it.

How did no one involved at some point say this is not cool?

378 bucks?  That would buy at least ten more LGBTQ books.

You get those brown shirts boxed or on hangers?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22216 on: December 14, 2021, 11:33:12 PM »

I wanna see his whole movement dismantled...

Better get to work.

If you were not a fucking Nazi pretending to be a patriot you would be working by my side, but I digress.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22218 on: December 15, 2021, 12:45:51 AM »

Better get to work.

If you were not a fucking Nazi pretending to be a patriot you would be working by my side, but I digress.

Nobody believes you are "working" - that you are doing anything but spouting.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22219 on: December 15, 2021, 01:06:46 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22221 on: December 15, 2021, 03:11:53 AM »

Better get to work.

Yet again self-aggrandizing, Kid, as if you speak for multitudes when you speak for at most 3 people.

That you cannot see effort or product speaks more about you than about Larry.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22222 on: December 15, 2021, 10:19:33 AM »

Better get to work.

Yet again self-aggrandizing, Kid, as if you speak for multitudes when you speak for at most 3 people.

That you cannot see effort or product speaks more about you than about Larry.

You would think he would declare he is not a Nazi and is indeed a patriot...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22224 on: December 15, 2021, 01:14:47 PM »

Better get to work.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22225 on: December 15, 2021, 01:15:53 PM »

Keith Smith, whose wife had gone to court to have his COVID-19 infection treated with ivermectin, died Sunday evening, a week after he received his first dose of the controversial drug.

He was 52.

Well, he "won".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-whose-wife-won-court-160446612.html

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:20:57 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22226 on: December 15, 2021, 01:25:31 PM »

When I was a kid I had a teacher in 6th grade who wanted to see how far I could go, so she had me doing college work in 6th grade, I was doing college math in 6th grade, etc. So, then when I got to Jr High School in 7th and 8th grade I was way ahead of all of the other students, so I became a teacher's aid and I helped the teachers to teach the other students. In Science and in other classes I was a teacher's aid.

I think that is a good path to copy for other students, we can see who the smart students are in 6th grade and we can take them as far as they can go, and then in 7th and 8th grade they can be aids for the teachers and they can help to teach the other students. When kids are taught by other kids then they learn fast, and it prepares the aids to be good supervisors and bosses later on in life, such as being movie producers, etc, and movie directors, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oi!

• View Profile
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22228 on: December 15, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »

When I was a kid I had a teacher in 6th grade who wanted to see how far I could go, so she had me doing college work in 6th grade, I was doing college math in 6th grade, etc. So, then when I got to Jr High School in 7th and 8th grade I was way ahead of all of the other students, so I became a teacher's aid and I helped the teachers to teach the other students. In Science and in other classes I was a teacher's aid.

I think that is a good path to copy for other students, we can see who the smart students are in 6th grade and we can take them as far as they can go, and then in 7th and 8th grade they can be aids for the teachers and they can help to teach the other students. When kids are taught by other kids then they learn fast, and it prepares the aids to be good supervisors and bosses later on in life, such as being movie producers, etc, and movie directors, etc.

I don't think your own trajectory, as you have described it, would cause one to think it is a good path.

But I will tell you, regardless, that that is a terrible idea as a plan. Many kids who are good at a subject are not even slightly good at teaching that subject, for a variety of reasons. Further, why should they be penalized the opportunity to keep learning and instead be turned into involuntary unpaid teachers?!

And no, when kids are taught by other kids, there is zero evidence that they learn any faster than when taught by an adult. They do learn faster from one-to-one instruction, however.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1480 1481 [1482] 1483 1484 ... 2929