Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744790 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23865 on: February 04, 2022, 06:36:46 PM »

Today's topic: Is Hamilton a Racist?

The topic exists because of the continued smear campaign of a poster intent on shutting down any and all of my opinions by labeling me as a racist.

Animal Farm tactic, at least.

I know who I am, and how I've lived, and don't need your validation.

However, if you wish for me to fulfill a particular role as racist-in-residence, you can go fuck yourself.

I'M NOT sure why I shouldn't fully embrace the role assigned to me, if the BS keeps up.

So ..if the false allegations and smear campaign led by whiskey continues, you will ALL get what you deserve.

But thank him and the rest of the intolerant left for what will come, if the bullying doesn't stop.

The "progressive" bunch here preach inclusion, but never practice it.

That's been proven.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23866 on: February 04, 2022, 06:41:08 PM »

This who is a racist today arguing is getting nowhere.

For anyone who cares to reply:
Q)  Does making a comment or assertion that someone infers to be "racist"
make the speaker "a racist" ?
No. People unwittingly say racist things all the time, thoughtlessly or because of cultural upbringing. There is a difference between a racist idea and a racist person. Ham is a racist person. And I am happy to be considered intolerant of racism by him.

So the recent case from the View with Whoopie,  you would not conclude from her statement, which she has retracted, that she is a racist person, but she did indeed express poorly a statement about racism.

I think she erred.

Others have written about this quite adroitly, so briefly I will just say that her statement was... ham-handed, but the notion of white vs. white-passing certainly plays a role in this. As I think I have observed here, previously, I perceive myself to be "provisionally white," not white.

And the debate over race vs. religion vs. ethnic vs. culture is hardly new to Jews in America (or elsewhere).

She addressed it from her POV as an American.

White folks can talk nuance but from MY life experience the world IS black and white and it is a bitch of a balancing act.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23867 on: February 04, 2022, 06:51:36 PM »

That's been proven.

Maybe try self-editing for a few months and then see if you feel more included, or at least less called out.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23868 on: February 04, 2022, 06:53:00 PM »

No. People unwittingly say racist things all the time, thoughtlessly or because of cultural upbringing. There is a difference between a racist idea and a racist person. Ham is a racist person. And I am happy to be considered intolerant of racism by him.

So the recent case from the View with Whoopie,  you would not conclude from her statement, which she has retracted, that she is a racist person, but she did indeed express poorly a statement about racism.

I think she erred.

Others have written about this quite adroitly, so briefly I will just say that her statement was... ham-handed, but the notion of white vs. white-passing certainly plays a role in this. As I think I have observed here, previously, I perceive myself to be "provisionally white," not white.

And the debate over race vs. religion vs. ethnic vs. culture is hardly new to Jews in America (or elsewhere).

White folks can talk nuance but from MY life experience the world IS black and white and it is a bitch of a balancing act.

So was the Holocaust about race or not?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23869 on: February 04, 2022, 06:54:12 PM »

A sincere question for Kid, RedStateWard, and Hamilton:

Have you ever made a statement or posted a question here that in retrospect you realized was racist?

Your question reflects the intolerance and bigotry of the left wing of the D-Party.

Racism implies intent.

I regret some things I have said, but none involved reflecting upon my remarks as racist...

(a) Thank you for your direct answer to my question.

(b) You once again illustrate a complete lack of comprehension of your ironic path.

(c) No, racism does not imply intent and perhaps it is your belief that it does that leads you to some of your positions.

This does a reasonable job of summarizing that issue and a better job than I think I would have done.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/psysociety/e2809cbut-i-didne28099t-mean-ite2809d-why-ite28099s-so-hard-to-prioritize-impacts-over-intents/

This taps into a longstanding truth about intentional v accidental harm.  If I bump into you and slosh coffee on your shirt, I am still paying the dry cleaner and looking into snap on lids for my future coffee walks, no matter how well-intentioned I was.

"Get Out" has some vivid scenes on unintended racism.

I am at the point in life where the choice to put my head down and ignore it or tell the truth and suffer the consequences is no longer operable. There are only so many times you can nod and smile while tells what a drain on society are those people... not you, Larry.

Or dealing with a liberal white politician telling me they had a problem with my attitude toward black people.

To paraphrase Huck Finn

I guess I will go to hell.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23870 on: February 04, 2022, 06:55:57 PM »

The topic exists because of the continued smear campaign of a poster intent on shutting down any and all of my opinions by labeling me as a racist.
No, just your racist ones. That it seems like all of them means you are not paying attention, or perhaps that you say so much racist shit it seems that way.

Never read it, have you.

However, if you wish for me to fulfill a particular role as racist-in-residence, you can go fuck yourself.

I'M NOT sure why I shouldn't fully embrace the role assigned to me, if the BS keeps up.
By all means, be yourself. Just do not act surprised when people call you on it.

So ..if the false allegations and smear campaign led by whiskey continues, you will ALL get what you deserve.

But thank him and the rest of the intolerant left for what will come, if the bullying doesn't stop.
You are the biggest bully on the forum. Always have been.

Practicing inclusion does not mean tolerating racism. Never will.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23871 on: February 04, 2022, 06:56:49 PM »

Hamster.

Racism?  Look no farther than your recent post on how the six dead children of the ISIS leader were destined to grow up and murder Americans.  And used the term "sand fleas" in a nearby post. 

If you're just using racist tropes to stir up shit and poke people in tender spots, it still comes across racist.  In other words, we will poke back!

You dont know anything about him... no one does.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23872 on: February 04, 2022, 06:58:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/politics/arizona-bill-reject-election-results-effectively-blocked/index.html

Good news out of Arizona.

Apparently Trump koolaid, in spite of its strong brewing formula, does wear off after a while.  And I see Mikey's koolaid has also been insufficient...

https://apnews.com/article/mike-pence-donald-trump-election-2020-84ff467d9ff5bfaad084e274f69ac521

I was just about to post that bit from a different paper.

I am so glad he finally came out and said it.

I love the mental image of the roomful of Federalist Society cons falling deathly silent as Mikey declares Trump to be wrong! 

Milk was curdled, live!

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #23873 on: February 04, 2022, 07:01:08 PM »

Talk about a story whizzing over your head.

Will do.  Once there was a novel on the coffee table, which my wife threw at me.  Her aim was a little high and it whizzed over my head.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23874 on: February 04, 2022, 07:01:14 PM »

Whoopi is hardly a racist.
She is, however, stupid and lazy.
Remember she gushed over Jill Biden as an accomplished medical doctor.
And she maintained strongly that the holocaust was not about race.

Now she is fuming she got suspended.

Hannity had the right take.
When stupid people say stupid things change the channel.

Judging from the cable TV ratings viewers of CNN, MSNBC, and subscribers of NYT, WashingtonPost, etc, are doing just that.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23875 on: February 04, 2022, 07:04:15 PM »

No, just your racist ones. That it seems like all of them means you are not paying attention, or perhaps that you say so much racist shit it seems that way.

Never read it, have you.

By all means, be yourself. Just do not act surprised when people call you on it.

You are the biggest bully on the forum. Always have been.

Practicing inclusion does not mean tolerating racism. Never will.

Ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23876 on: February 04, 2022, 07:05:41 PM »

Whoopi is hardly a racist.
She is, however, stupid and lazy.
Remember she gushed over Jill Biden as an accomplished medical doctor.
And she maintained strongly that the holocaust was not about race.

Now she is fuming she got suspended.

Hannity had the right take.
When stupid people say stupid things change the channel.

Judging from the cable TV ratings viewers of CNN, MSNBC, and subscribers of NYT, WashingtonPost, etc, are doing just that.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23877 on: February 04, 2022, 07:06:18 PM »

I think she erred.

Is "Jewish" a race or a faith and an ethnicity? The Holocaust specifically was about destroying the Jews as a people, however you define it. I know Nazis talked of Jews as a race, but they also talked of Aryans as a race which they are not.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23878 on: February 04, 2022, 07:08:24 PM »

Ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

As do posters who call Mideast Muslims sand fleas.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23879 on: February 04, 2022, 07:08:38 PM »

I think she erred.

It was more than race. Nazis otherized Jews to the level of subhumans.

In America you are either white or you are not.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 2919