Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 [2546] 2547 2548 ... 2776

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 640752 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #38175 on: December 01, 2023, 12:00:46 AM »

Now, immigrants are more likely to come from Asia, especially India and China. In fact, these two nations displaced Mexico as the top origin countries for new arrivals from 2013 to 2021, but amid the pandemic and related mobility restrictions Mexico has regained its position as the origin of most new arrivals. Mar 14, 2023

---

On the issue of Latin America, we can do more to prepare them to come to the USA by teaching them how to speak English, etc, and reading and writing and schools are fundamental. And the folks from Latin America need to be welcome to join the Teamsters Union, and the United Farm Workers, etc.

Father Boyle from Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles can help to teach Latin America how to deal with the Gang issue.

And we have been successful with building new schools in Colombia, the children are now in school instead of being recruited as child soldiers or working as child labor. We need to continue to support education in Latin America. And we need to teach them all how to speak English.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:38:02 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #38176 on: December 01, 2023, 01:26:26 AM »

According to the Census Bureau, there were approximately 15.1 million vacant homes nationwide in 2022. These vacant homes, which include rentals, represent 10.5% of the country's total housing inventory. Oct 13, 2023

-------------

As we help our homeless people to get into housing, Josh pointed out that we have empty housing all over the USA, then we can train our new immigrants on how to help our homeless people, and they can work with us to help our homeless. My dearly departed friend Lisa from the Philippines spent her whole life helping the homeless here in California.

We can also train our new immigrants to be teachers, and nurses, etc.

We can revitalize declining areas as we repopulate the empty housing with the homeless people and with the refugees, etc, and they can create new businesses, and they can clean things up and they can put a new coat of paint on the old buildings, etc, and they can have fountains and public landscaping, etc. We can beautify the USA with the help of our immigrants.

Lots of good things can happen, and diversity is our strength, and the immigrants can help us to make the world a better place.

And remember that Kiwanis International can help, and the Catholic Church, and Youth For Christ, and Samaritan's Purse, and other groups can help as we work to make our world a better place. Pepperdine University can also help, and Stanford, and our other great schools can help us to make our world a better place.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 01:36:16 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38177 on: December 01, 2023, 04:18:04 AM »

SkyNews:

"Israel knew about the atrocity attack plan of Hamas 12 months ago, but dismissed it as "Impossible".

Popular opinion now seems to be that Bibi is gone once this war is over.
America seemed to think that the 9/11 attacks were also impossible, hence the plane cabin doors not being locked.

The intelligence was correct, and the Hamas plan certainly was possible.
'Possible' dictated that defences should've been put in place to prevent the attacks by Hamas, just in case.
When mistakes get made, people die.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:28:15 AM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38178 on: December 01, 2023, 09:37:33 AM »

As of June 2023, FAIR (Federation of American Immigration Reform) estimates that approximately 16.8 million illegal aliens reside in the United States. This is significantly higher than our January 2022 illegal alien population estimate of 15.5 million.[1] This estimate is also a 2.3 million increase from our end-of-2020 estimate, meaning the illegal alien population increased 16 percent nationwide during just the first two years of Joe Biden
Yeah, FAIR is an anti-immigration advocacy group whose estimates are always high end outliers. So, yeah, res ipsa.
Please. Accept the mystery.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38179 on: December 01, 2023, 09:53:13 AM »

The war is back on.
Fighter jets attack Hamas.
Dozens of people killed as Netanyahu reveals Israel
was committed to "eliminating Hamas".

You'd have to wonder at what point the Palestinians will get sick of Hamas, will rise up and tear them limb from limb.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38180 on: December 01, 2023, 10:24:42 AM »

The war is back on.

You'd have to wonder at what point the Palestinians will get sick of Hamas, will rise up and tear them limb from limb.
If you think the Palestinians are going to blame Hamas for what is going on you are even dumber than I think you are. If such a thing is possible.

They do not see what has been happening the way a septuagenarian shitting himself in a concrete bunker on the outskirts of Alice Springs does. They see it as a continuation of a 75 year war for their homeland and they have no intention of surrendering. That is the reality on the ground Israel needs to solve, and nothing about what they are doing will solve it. It is making it worse. The need to go after Hamas is understandable, but long term a war with massive civilian casualties is going to create a worse problem long run.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38181 on: December 01, 2023, 10:24:51 AM »

Mayor of Dearborn Michigan is featured in an article in the NYT today.
Seems like a nice man.
He mentions "Palestinian flag", other things, and "Islamophobia".
All I have to say is "no degree from Harvard needed for this one either."

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38182 on: December 01, 2023, 10:38:41 AM »

The war is back on.

If you think the Palestinians are going to blame Hamas for what is going on you are even dumber than I think you are. If such a thing is possible.

They do not see what has been happening the way a septuagenarian shitting himself in a concrete bunker on the outskirts of Alice Springs does. They see it as a continuation of a 75 year war for their homeland and they have no intention of surrendering. That is the reality on the ground Israel needs to solve, and nothing about what they are doing will solve it. It is making it worse. The need to go after Hamas is understandable, but long term a war with massive civilian casualties is going to create a worse problem long run.

Then it's simple...Israel will have to basically turn all of Gaza into rubble, fill in all the Hamas tunnels
with the rubble, crush the rest of the rubble into the soil, then have the UN build a tent city for the Gazans to live in.
All the time moving the residents around so as to minimise casualties.

Israel will have to then occupy Gaza (no one else wants to do it, not even the UN) with military to ensure Hamas doesn't rebuild tunnels, re-arm, and the whole cycle start again.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38183 on: December 01, 2023, 11:13:21 AM »

The war is back on.

Then it's simple...Israel will have to basically turn all of Gaza into rubble, fill in all the Hamas tunnels
with the rubble, crush the rest of the rubble into the soil, then have the UN build a tent city for the Gazans to live in.

Israel will have to then occupy Gaza (no one else wants to do it, not even the UN) with military to ensure Hamas doesn't rebuild tunnels, re-arm, and the whole cycle start again.
You really are dense. What you would advocate is a genocide that would turn every last Palestinians into a terrorist and give them convenient targets throughout Gaza. And Hamas would rebuild. Or worse.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38184 on: December 01, 2023, 11:24:28 AM »

I met Sandra Day O'Connor once when she spoke at my law school. And by met, I mean "she said hello to Professor Sobelson when I was meeting with him and ignored me as she walked into the restroom."

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #38185 on: December 01, 2023, 12:33:36 PM »

I met Sandra Day O'Connor once when she spoke at my law school. And by met, I mean "she said hello to Professor Sobelson when I was meeting with him and ignored me as she walked into the restroom."
Obviously a woman who could prioritize.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38186 on: December 01, 2023, 12:37:02 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/12/01/evangelicals-american-politics-tim-alberta-book-excerpt-00129319

Whatever Bambu suggests Israel does to Hamas I strongly suggest we do to these guys.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38187 on: December 01, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »

The war is back on.

Kill them all and let God sort them out!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38188 on: December 01, 2023, 01:43:00 PM »

Oh, true enough. The older I get the more I recognize that even the most basic of social niceties must yield to the quick and unimpeded access to a restroom.

Rabid Response Team

• View Profile
« Reply #38189 on: December 01, 2023, 02:41:38 PM »

Oh, true enough. The older I get the more I recognize that even the most basic of social niceties must yield to the quick and unimpeded access to a restroom.

That is pretty much how I met WV Quine, world famous philosopher.  He spoke at my school, was meeting with my prof in his office, and nodded vaguely at me as he walked out and we brushed past each other.  The main charm of world famous philosophers (as opposed to politicians, actors, sports stars, and celebrities generally) is that they are used to being completely anonymous in most places and social circles.  Watching him cross a busy campus later that day, there were no excited whispers or pointing or girls swooning.  No one cried out, WV!  I love your thesis of the undetermination of theory by empirical evidence!  Huge fan, man!  
Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 [2546] 2547 2548 ... 2776