Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 2783

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652043 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41670 on: June 25, 2024, 07:37:01 PM »

When their truth social stock started its tumble, certain people came to the conclusion that the whole economy must be taking a nosedive. They could not think of any other way their sure bet could have gone so south so fast.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41671 on: June 25, 2024, 08:02:31 PM »

How can anyone vote for either of these unfit candidates? The Donald now thinks there are not enough US born college graduates. Santa Joe says what inflation, what lack of housing, amazingly what drug trafficking issue. I am just voting for more funding for the poor and the vets.
Well, I guess whatever gets you to vote for Biden is a step.

Luee will have to vote Democratic up and down the ticket if he is going to support candidates who will provide more funding for the poor and the vets. Republicans want to give that money to billionaires at the expense of everyone else.
Yes, that was my point. His ignorance of what Biden's actually policies are on immigration, housing and inflation notwithstanding, if he is voting on those two issues, he has to vote democratic.
Voting democrat after the last three years is an updated version of continuing the idiocy but expecting different results.
I will take the same results. Especially with inflation - the only economic negative under Biden and as such the only economic indicator you ever talk about - slowing.
LOL!
There is nothing positive under Biden.
Jobs are going to illegal aliens 2/1 to fulfill his debt to elite donors to control prices and make the economy appear better.
His Obama inherited progressive executive actions are blatantly unconstitutional,
His embrace of DEI and ESG woke policies are being seen for what they are, un AMERICAN,
His foreign policies and actions in Afghanistan, the Middle East, not to mention China, are all embarrassing.
His total neglect of the southern border borders on traitorous.
His only real strength is the negative view by many about his opponent.
LOL. I guess you do not follow the news. Our post COVID economy under Biden is the envy of the industrialized world.
LOL
Funny how Americans do not buy your DNC garbage.
How come Biden is not a shoo in for reelection ?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 08:11:02 PM by jmmengel »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41672 on: June 25, 2024, 08:14:01 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/25/newsom-california-presidential-debate-00164860

California being the ONLY state with a dream went a bit too far. He was spot on calling out forces of darkness. That is what the red hats are in the present context. That is what they have made of themselves.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41673 on: June 25, 2024, 08:16:03 PM »

How can anyone vote for either of these unfit candidates? The Donald now thinks there are not enough US born college graduates. Santa Joe says what inflation, what lack of housing, amazingly what drug trafficking issue. I am just voting for more funding for the poor and the vets.

Luee will have to vote Democratic up and down the ticket if he is going to support candidates who will provide more funding for the poor and the vets. Republicans want to give that money to billionaires at the expense of everyone else.
Yes, that was my point. His ignorance of what Biden's actually policies are on immigration, housing and inflation notwithstanding, if he is voting on those two issues, he has to vote democratic.
Voting democrat after the last three years is an updated version of continuing the idiocy but expecting different results.
I will take the same results. Especially with inflation - the only economic negative under Biden and as such the only economic indicator you ever talk about - slowing.
LOL!
Jobs are going to illegal aliens 2/1 to fulfill his debt to elite donors to control prices and make the economy appear better.
His Obama inherited progressive executive actions are blatantly unconstitutional,
His embrace of DEI and ESG woke policies are being seen for what they are, un AMERICAN,
His foreign policies and actions in Afghanistan, the Middle East, not to mention China, are all embarrassing.
LOL. I guess you do not follow the news. Our post COVID economy under Biden is the envy of the industrialized world.
LOL
LOL. You have no actual on the ground facts to dispute what I said, because it is true. Regardless of the perception of the public we have e a strong economy that has lead the world.out of the pandemic. And you have no actual facts to dispute that.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41674 on: June 25, 2024, 08:24:21 PM »

Because the last thirty years has seen the emergence of a global computer network called the Internet, on which the people who spread lies, sensationalism and propaganda are far more active (and often more remunerated) than those who share facts supported by evidence. 

People tend to find hyperbole, lurid and sensationalistic tales, and outright fantasy to be more entertaining and steer (or are steered by media) towards that.  Complex and nuanced factual reports are boring and often too demanding to fit into the average attention span.

Hope that helps.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41675 on: June 25, 2024, 09:45:12 PM »

Because the last thirty years has seen the emergence of a global computer network called the Internet, on which the people who spread lies, sensationalism and propaganda are far more active (and often more remunerated) than those who share facts supported by evidence. 

People tend to find hyperbole, lurid and sensationalistic tales, and outright fantasy to be more entertaining and steer (or are steered by media) towards that.  Complex and nuanced factual reports are boring and often too demanding to fit into the average attention span.

Hope that helps.
Not even close.

Americans now know that we do not mold the Constitution to fit the times,
We fit the times to meet the Constitution.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41676 on: June 25, 2024, 11:01:38 PM »

As Lime would say,

Nonsequitur!  15-love!

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41677 on: June 26, 2024, 05:50:08 AM »

---Trump, progressives suffer a rough night---

Great day for America, both Trump and the fringe left of the dems go down to bigtime defeats around the country. They pulled the alarm on Bowman.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41678 on: June 26, 2024, 05:56:08 AM »

Americans now know that we do not mold the Constitution to fit the times,
We fit the times to meet the Constitution.

Or we amend it. Or, when it is being butchered by bought and captured injustices like Alito and Thomas, we pack the court to dilute the regressive stain.

The twentieth century is calling to say you should have smoked less crack and watched School House Rock.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41679 on: June 26, 2024, 08:40:39 AM »

What to do. Each of the candidates can be easily considered the most odiously unfit in history. How can anyone support either? Santa Joe is surrounded by a corrupt crew who want him to spend spend on non-essentials like mass imigration so they can line their pockets while the poor sleep in the streets. I want the squad gone, I want fumbling stumbling Joe gone. He is the worst of the two. He wants to get into a war with China over Taiwan!

The Donald is a delusional narsissist but at least he is for strong borders and supporting the veterans. Did a nice job in the middle-east. Please dont raise tarriffs or declare yourself dictator for life.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41680 on: June 26, 2024, 09:31:47 AM »

LOL!
LOL
LOL. You have no actual on the ground facts to dispute what I said, because it is true. Regardless of the perception of the public we have e a strong economy that has lead the world.out of the pandemic. And you have no actual facts to dispute that.
PERCEPTION is reality in politics.
Voters go by how their lives are affected.
You are just lucky the hated Trump is the wild card in this election.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41681 on: June 26, 2024, 09:43:27 AM »

LOL!
LOL
Wrong. The reality of our economy is reality. The perception of it is politics. Since the issue is whether we should want another four years of Biden, the reality of the economy says yes.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41682 on: June 26, 2024, 10:04:22 AM »

Politics is creating the perception that you control the levers of the economy in a way that pleases your donor base and fools your constituents. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 10:06:43 AM by Oil Filter »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41683 on: June 26, 2024, 10:09:39 AM »

Quote from: jmmengel link=topic=179.msg248163#msg248163 date=
[/quote
Wrong. The reality of our economy is reality. The perception of it is politics. Since the issue is whether we should want another four years of Biden, the reality of the economy says yes.
Just keep thanking GOD for letting the GOP nominate Trump.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41684 on: June 26, 2024, 10:13:58 AM »

Politics is creating the perception that you control the levers of the economy in a way that pleases your donor base and fools your constituents.
THEN Biden is a even bigger fool than his public perception reveals.
More likely that you are an idiot.
Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 2783