Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763391 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6630 on: May 06, 2021, 06:42:41 PM »

Red meant to say cracker pandemic denial, fascist hate rallies, and the constant lies of republican leadership led to hundreds of thousands of deaths in this country.

His insurrection is still killing people. He really should stop.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: May 06, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »

Read the IHME findings.  The excess deaths figures were not from psychological problems,  but were directly a result of SARS-Covid-2. 

The group reached its estimates by calculating excess mortality based on a variety of sources, including official death statistics from various countries, as well as academic studies of other locations.

Then, it examined other mortality factors influenced by the pandemic. For example, some of the extra deaths were caused by increased opioid overdoses or deferred health care. On the other hand, the dramatic reduction in flu cases last winter and a modest drop in deaths caused by injury resulted in lower mortality in those categories than usual.

Researchers at UW ultimately concluded that the extra deaths not directly caused by COVID-19 were effectively offset by the other reductions in death rates, leaving them to attribute all of the net excess deaths to the coronavirus.

Thanks for confirming.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #6633 on: May 06, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/06/994287048/new-study-estimates-more-than-900-000-people-have-died-of-covid-19-in-u-s

I can't wait for Ward's LOL at 900,000 dead.
You have an nonexistent memory.
I posted several times last year that the death toll( and the reported cases) were way underreported.
I don’t know if the NPR story is right but it wouldn’t surprise me since the change of lifestyle necessitated by lockdowns could have had a huge psychological price tag resulting in tens of thousands of deaths.
Even in the millions worldwide.

When other posters engage in speculation,  you dismiss it as not productive or warranted.   Given the IHME results,  it would seem the measurable losses from psychological difficulty (opioid deaths,  suicides) were not as huge as some predicted.  If you have peer-reviewed statistical analysis that suggests otherwise,  please post a link so that we can better evaluate your speculations and what you base them on.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: May 06, 2021, 07:20:14 PM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/05/06/994287048/new-study-estimates-more-than-900-000-people-have-died-of-covid-19-in-u-s

I can't wait for Ward's LOL at 900,000 dead.
You have an nonexistent memory.
I posted several times last year that the death toll( and the reported cases) were way underreported.
I don’t know if the NPR story is right but it wouldn’t surprise me since the change of lifestyle necessitated by lockdowns could have had a huge psychological price tag resulting in tens of thousands of deaths.
Even in the millions worldwide.

When other posters engage in speculation,  you dismiss it as not productive or warranted.   Given the IHME results,  it would seem the measurable losses from psychological difficulty (opioid deaths,  suicides) were not as huge as some predicted.  If you have peer-reviewed statistical analysis that suggests otherwise,  please post a link so that we can better evaluate your speculations and what you base them on.
The posted link is all I need, not your selected references of it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: May 06, 2021, 07:43:18 PM »

The pathetic thing about Red is the level of denial he needs to descend to.

I think we all can understand the side effects of "lockdown" are very real, isolation, fear, depression, etc. all could lead to related health issues (alcohol, drugs, suicide, abusive behavior), and additional illness and deaths.

But it seems clear as covid has circled the globe and mutated and claimed millions of victims everywhere for the past 17 months, its dangers were dangerously under-reported and criminally neglected by the Trump administration. And that negligence and inept governance is never addressed by Red.

Its pathetic.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 07:44:51 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: May 06, 2021, 07:58:22 PM »

I gather that I was wrong:

Ward didn't LOL.

Instead, he made up his own theory for what might happened, even though it is not only unsubstantiated but has been explicitly denied by research posted in the intervening time.

What else is new?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: May 06, 2021, 08:24:54 PM »

Ward didn't LOL.

Instead, he made up his own theory for what might happened, even though it is not only unsubstantiated but has been explicitly denied by research posted in the intervening time.

What else is new?!
Nothing.
Critical thinking escapes you.
Behave as expected.

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: May 06, 2021, 08:32:55 PM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:22 PM »

Post editorial on DeSantis, leading the fascist brigade as it pillages democracy.

Opinion by the
Editorial Board
May 6, 2021 at 2:19 p.m. MDT

CEDRIC L. RICHMOND (D) resigned from Congress on Jan. 15 to become senior adviser to President Biden. A special election to fill his Louisiana seat was held in March, and a runoff in April.

Deb Haaland (D) resigned from her New Mexico seat in March after her confirmation as interior secretary. A special election to replace her is set for June 1.

Two seats in Ohio — that of Marcia L. Fudge (D), who resigned in March to join the Biden administration, and Steve Stivers (R), set to resign in May to head the state’s Chamber of Commerce — will be filled by primaries in August and a Nov. 2 general election.

After Rep. Ron Wright (R) died in February of covid-19 complications, a special election was set for May 1 to fill his Texas seat.

But thanks to the cynical calculations of Florida’s Republican governor, voters in the state’s 20th Congressional District — primarily Black, primarily Democratic — will have to wait until next year to be represented in Congress. Rep. Alcee L. Hastings (D) died last month, but Gov. Ron DeSantis has set the general election for Jan. 11, with primaries in November.

“I know there will be a lot of folks that want to run for it. So hopefully that gives them enough time to be able to get on the ballot and do whatever they need to do to be competitive,” he explained. Please. It would be less insulting if he just came out and said he believes in democracy, but only for Republicans. It is clear from the experience of other states that it doesn’t take months and months for candidates to emerge and qualify for the ballot. Some local Florida election officials had urged a timely special election with primaries in September and the general election in November, but Florida law pretty much gives the governor a free hand. Never mind that when Republican Bill Young died in October 2013 and Republican Trey Radel resigned in January 2014, those vacancies each lasted only five months, with special elections held in March and June 2014. ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ron-desantis-wants-to-deny-800000-floridians-representation-for-nine-months/2021/05/06/b07c2f74-adcb-11eb-b476-c3b287e52a01_story.html
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6640 on: May 06, 2021, 08:53:01 PM »

Ward didn't LOL.

What else is new?!
Nothing.
Critical thinking escapes you.
Behave as expected.

Shill
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: May 06, 2021, 09:11:01 PM »

---Biden administration may bring whole families to U.S. to reunite with separated children, not just parents
The task force to reunite separated families is working on a process under which "immediate family members," like siblings and stepparents, "can also apply."---

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/biden-administration-may-bring-whole-families-u-s-reunite-separated-n1266561

Oh boy!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: May 06, 2021, 11:33:15 PM »

Piggy took the slops and wolfed them down. Not hard to please piggy’s appetite. Just defend racism with a few heavy pinches of whataboutism and he’s ready to bury his face in whatever bullshit you happen to be serving up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: May 07, 2021, 05:51:13 AM »

Facebook considers this a "sensitive" photo, requiring folks to click an extra time to see it in its post. Should not be an issue sharing it like this.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 2929