Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761878 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6945 on: May 13, 2021, 12:52:55 PM »

Oh, and one more thing.

The Biden administration will resume construction of the southern border wall as the immigration crisis continues to spiral out of control.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers will restart construction on a 13.4 mile stretch of the wall in the Rio Grande Valley. The decision reportedly follows pressure from local residents and politicians to mend the incessant crossing surge.

The US has long had fencing in high-traffic crossing areas,  and this continues that program.   It does not in any way take up Trump's idea to fence over 2000 miles of Mexico border,  because that's insanely stupid and expensive.

True or false?

We would be better off now had Biden never demanded immediate halting of the border wall construction.

FALSE!

"Priority repairs are set to begin in six weeks to prevent flooding, followed by the establishment of a concrete levee wall fit with safety barriers in six to nine months. The USACE clarified that the wall will not be expanded on and will only repair the Rio Grande flood levee for the time being."

Good answer

Has zero to do with the question

Sure it does
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: May 13, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »

At least 67 Palestinians and seven Israelis have been killed in fighting between Israel's military and Hamas since Monday, per Reuters.

HAMAS reaping what it sowed.

It wasn’t Hamas that elevated Bibi. You are thinking of some other group.

We’re still waiting for your reaping. With all the turds you plant, your yield should be enormous.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6948 on: May 13, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »

At least 67 Palestinians and seven Israelis have been killed in fighting between Israel's military and Hamas since Monday, per Reuters.

HAMAS reaping what it sowed.

This is the legacy of Ariel Sharon inciting the second intifada.

Eid Mubarak!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: May 13, 2021, 02:40:50 PM »

Hamas is designated a terrorist group by Israel, the US, EU, and UK, as well as other powers.

Under its charter, the group is committed to the destruction of Israel.

All you need to know.

Any defense of Hamas is defense of terrorism, and supports the destruction of Israel.

We know where the moron-fac and the proven anti-Semite Larry's sympathies lie.

That is part of their "legacy".

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: May 13, 2021, 02:44:13 PM »

Oh, and one more thing.

The Biden administration will resume construction of the southern border wall as the immigration crisis continues to spiral out of control.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers will restart construction on a 13.4 mile stretch of the wall in the Rio Grande Valley. The decision reportedly follows pressure from local residents and politicians to mend the incessant crossing surge.

The US has long had fencing in high-traffic crossing areas,  and this continues that program.   It does not in any way take up Trump's idea to fence over 2000 miles of Mexico border,  because that's insanely stupid and expensive.

True or false?

We would be better off now had Biden never demanded immediate halting of the border wall construction.

False.

Nothing in the construction efforts between then and now would have made a difference to the state of the country at this time.

Next contestant please.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #6951 on: May 13, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »

Hamas is designated a terrorist group by Israel, the US, EU, and UK, as well as other powers.

All you need to know.

Any defense of Hamas is defense of terrorism, and supports the destruction of Israel.

This is called "strawman fallacy" in logic.   No one is defending Hamas terrorism.  People are defending the rights of ordinary Palestinian Arab citizens (with roots there going back to the 1800s, and long established farms,  vineyards,  and settlements) to have their basic human rights and  sovereignty  respected and not be summarily evicted from their homes and farms.   The reason you have failed to make any argument in favor of such abysmal human rights violations is that you change the subject to "Hamas is bad. "  Because of your subject changes and single minded focus on one violent segment of the Arab peoples,  most here just give up on having a real conversation with you.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: May 13, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »

Apple computers are made in Texas now, so that is cool. I want to buy American made products as much as possible as I update and upgrade my office equipment.

And I want to be able to put my poetry book onto my computer and I want to get my poetry book published with Barnes and Noble.

I also need a computer that I can do You Tube videos on and stuff.

I also need to be able to email movie scripts to people, etc. And I need to be able to read scripts that people send to me.

I also want to get a printer, and whatever else I need.

I also need to get a new video camera, I will see if I can find one that is made in the USA.

https://usamadeproducts.biz/electronics-computers.html

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: May 13, 2021, 03:45:31 PM »

Farah Pahlavi certainly has no love of extremist muslims. She lost her country She lives in France now. 

We need for the good people to rise in the Middle East. We need for the peace makers to rise in the Middle East. We need for good people to rise who can put the war-mongers in check. It is important for the peace makers to be stronger than the bad guys. 

We need to support the good people in the Middle East.

There are good peace loving people who we can support.

Mahlagha Jaberi is a rising star in modeling, she travels around the world and shares photos on Instagram and Facebook, etc.

Mahlagha was born in Iran, then she came here to San Diego, California. The Persians love California. 

There are good people in the Middle East who we can support.

You cannot just build a wall and say that everyone is bad if they are muslim. We need to find the peaceful people who we can support, and we need to support peace in the Middle East.

We also need to appoint peaceful Ambassadors to the Middle East, etc. 

Blessed are the peace makers.

We need to support the peace makers.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: May 13, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »

All you need to know.

And if all the Israelis were killing were Hamas agents/soldiers, that would be fine.

But it is not Hamas that is "reaping," it is children, among other non-combatants.

Nor is Netanyahu's threatening suggestive of restraint or considered response.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: May 13, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »

Oh, and one more thing.

True or false?

False.

Nothing in the construction efforts between then and now would have made a difference to the state of the country at this time.

Next contestant please.

0 content.
0 thought.

Your grade is 0.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: May 13, 2021, 04:09:35 PM »

On a positive note, kid’s post and an improvised ladder will still get you right over trump’s aborted fence project just about anywhere along it’s length.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: May 13, 2021, 05:08:51 PM »

All you need to know.

And if all the Israelis were killing were Hamas agents/soldiers, that would be fine.

But it is not Hamas that is "reaping," it is children, among other non-combatants.

Nor is Netanyahu's threatening suggestive of restraint or considered response.

Hamas is responsible. They have killed the children.

This is what happens when you fire rockets indiscriminately from locations that contain your own citizens, including children.

YOU should know better, but you'd rather not be seen as out of step with the leftists here.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: May 13, 2021, 05:09:16 PM »

The anti-corruption coalition with the seats to oust Bibi contains both Arab Israelis and Jewish Israelis. This latest provocation and subsequent escalation is designed by Likud to make forming a government within this coalition much harder. What is causing the deaths of a few countrymen compared to protecting your power and reputation while escaping justice?

Trump happily accelerated American deaths till they reached very close to a million in a failed idiot’s attempt to hold power and slip the noose waiting for him. Many of those Americans are still stacked in trucks waiting for a funeral of some sort and that’s now the emblem of republican failure.

By comparison, the Evil Bibi is perpetrating is small beans. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: May 13, 2021, 05:10:10 PM »

The anti-corruption coalition with the seats to oust Bibi contains both Arab Israelis and Jewish Israelis. This latest provocation and subsequent escalation is designed by Likud to make forming a government within this coalition much harder. What is causing the deaths of a few countrymen compared to protecting your power and reputation while escaping justice?

Trump happily accelerated American deaths till they reached very close to a million in a failed idiot’s attempt to hold power and slip the noose waiting for him. Many of those Americans are still stacked in trucks waiting for a funeral of some sort and that’s now the emblem of republican failure.

By comparison, the Evil Bibi is perpetrating is small beans.

Okay, Sadam.
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 2929