Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761722 times)

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6975 on: May 13, 2021, 08:24:48 PM »

We can finally stop arguing about masks.

Thank goodness there's still herd immunity to argue about! 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: May 13, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »

Hamas is designated a terrorist group by Israel, the US, EU, and UK, as well as other powers.

Under its charter, the group is committed to the destruction of Israel.

All you need to know.

Any defense of Hamas is defense of terrorism, and supports the destruction of Israel.

We know where the moron-fac and the proven anti-Semite Larry's sympathies lie.

That is part of their "legacy".

Proven Anti-Semite?

Really?

Meanwhile you’re a fanboy of Yigal Amir.

You actually hate Israel or you wouldn’t be cheering it’s self-immolation.

Okay, Yassar.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: May 13, 2021, 08:41:13 PM »

Some of us.

Ham wants to keep doing it.

Ham/Uno/Utley wants to argue about everything while no little about anything.

I know how to use "no" and "know", Malcolm.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: May 13, 2021, 08:42:51 PM »

Some of us.

And that's about the extent of it, apparently, Wilbur.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6979 on: May 13, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »

A reflection of a community which doesn't parent the kids it pops onto the planet: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-boys-11-17-arrested-connection-violent-robbery-elderly-asian-n1267251

Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke
You gotta understand
It's just our bringin' up-ke
That gets us out of hand
Our mothers all are junkies
Our fathers all are drunks
Golly Moses, naturally we're punks!   

Well played, sir.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6980 on: May 13, 2021, 08:46:01 PM »

Some of us.

Lord

I’m on an iPhone SE

But I see that’s the best riposte you could muster.

Name calling again... how droll.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: May 13, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »

Thank goodness there's still herd immunity to argue about!

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/13/2030298/-The-COVID-19-crisis-in-India-should-be-raising-big-alarms-that-go-far-beyond-Asia

I’ll be hanging out with the mask all the same, thanks. Thankfully in San Diego these days almost everything worth doing can be done outdoors.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: May 13, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »

Business Live

WORLD / MIDDLE EAST
Hamas’s offensive makes less military sense than ever
Most militaries try to protect civilians — Hamas’s actively exploits them
13 MAY 2021 - 12:15 ELI LAKE

Rockets are launched towards Israel from north Gaza, controlled by the Palestinian Hamas movement, on May 12 2021 in Gaza City, Gaza. At least three dozen Palestinians and five Israelis have been killed in the cross-border exchange of rockets and aerial bombardment, which followed a series of violent confrontations between Israeli police and Palestinian protesters in East Jerusalem.

According to its exiled political leader, Hamas’s war strategy — if that’s the proper term for raining hundreds of randomly fired rockets on Israel — is working. In a televised address on Tuesday evening, Ismail Haniya called the barrage a “victory” and “an honour for our people.”

This rhetoric is not unusual. Hamas always claims to win the wars it loses. In 2012, after suffering a humiliating defeat to Israel, a popular perfume appeared in a shop in Gaza named for the Hamas missile that reached Tel Aviv. The shop owner said it commemorated a military “victory” that left much of Gaza in shambles.

This time around, the Hamas offensive makes even less military sense. Israel in 2021 has a very effective missile and rocket defense system that has intercepted most of Hamas’s rockets in midair. While a few have gotten through, the rockets do not seem to be breaking the will of the Israeli people. Indeed, the short-term consequence of the Hamas escalation has been to unify an Israeli government that was unraveling behind its polarising prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Hamas is clearly hoping to leverage the images of Israel’s counterattack in Gaza against its adversary after the fighting stops. This too follows a pattern. Following a war in 2008 and 2009, the UN Human Rights Council formed a special commission to study war crimes on both sides. Hamas and Israel were both found to have committed atrocities, a penalty that means nothing to a terrorist organisation. Hamas lost the military battle, but it won a public-relations war to further delegitimise Israel.

This helps explain why Hamas can claim that Israel is starving Palestinians with its tight control of the Gaza border, yet also devote money and resources to build imprecise rockets and missiles to launch at Israel every few years. It also explains why Hamas hides its weapons and ammunition in schools and mosques. Most militaries try to protect civilians. Hamas’s actively exploits them.

This is a fact that appears to be lost on the International Criminal Court, for which the escalation of violence raises the prospect of possible war crimes.

By contrast, it is a fact very much on the mind of Israel’s most important ally. Asked about the disparity in casualties of Israelis and the Palestinians US secretary of state Antony Blinken said on Wednesday: “There is first a very clear and absolute distinction between a terrorist organisation, Hamas, that is indiscriminately raining down rockets — in fact, targeting civilians — and Israel’s response defending itself that is targeting the terrorists who are raining down rockets on Israel.”

No Arab leaders or diplomats have gone that far in their public statements, though a US official told me this week that the message from regional allies has been muted. This also makes sense. In 2020, Israel signed peace agreements with four Arab states that share a common enemy in the region: Iran, which also happens to be one of the most important patrons of Hamas. Hamas is also the Palestinian chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood, an organisation that Israel’s new Arab friends consider a threat.

This is the reality of Hamas.

Read and learn, children.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/world/middle-east/2021-05-13-hamass-offensive-makes-less-military-sense-than-ever/

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: May 13, 2021, 08:57:14 PM »

Some of us.

Lord

I’m on an iPhone SE

Blaming your phone.  Typical.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6985 on: May 13, 2021, 08:59:44 PM »

Some of us.

Lord

I’m on an iPhone SE

Blaming your phone.  Typical.

Blaming my “fatso” fingers

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6986 on: May 13, 2021, 09:06:14 PM »

No one on here has spoken in support of HAMAS. They are a bunch of assholes who only remain relevant because of the fucking Kahanists Bibi embraced to maintain power.

You haven’t said shit about these right wing assholes who apparently have reaped the rewards of the most successful political assassination in modern history.

Take off the blinders

The power in this equation is asymmetric with Israel on top.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: May 13, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »

No one on here has spoken in support of HAMAS. They are a bunch of assholes who only remain relevant because of the fucking Kahanists Bibi embraced to maintain power.

You haven’t said shit about these right wing assholes who apparently have reaped the rewards of the most successful political assassination in modern history.

Take off the blinders

Sez you.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6988 on: May 13, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »

Take off the blinders

Sez you.

Brilliant

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: May 13, 2021, 09:25:12 PM »

Hamas is designated a terrorist group by Israel, the US, EU, and UK, as well as other powers.

Under its charter, the group is committed to the destruction of Israel.

All you need to know.

Any defense of Hamas is defense of terrorism, and supports the destruction of Israel.

This is called "strawman fallacy" in logic.   No one is defending Hamas terrorism.  People are defending the rights of ordinary Palestinian Arab citizens (with roots there going back to the 1800s, and long established farms,  vineyards,  and settlements) to have their basic human rights and  sovereignty  respected and not be summarily evicted from their homes and farms. 
Well.
Even a Jr. High textbook notes otherwise.
Palestinians date back 3000 years often referred to as Philistines.
Whatever.
The breaking point with the Jews came in 1948 when the U.N. established a joint state between Palestine and Israel. It led to a mass exodus of Palestinians who expected the defeat of the Jews by Arab invading armies.
Big miscalculation.
The Arabs have never recovered and the Palestinians have paid a steep price for refusing peace with Israel.
Now Hamas who calls for the beheading of all Jews, attacks Israel at the behest of Iran who is testing Biden.
As expected the leftist scum of the democrat party supports Hamas.

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2929