Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761079 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1515 on: February 12, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »

To Alyssa Milano...

Use the gifts that God gave you in order to make the world a better place. Your gift, Alyssa, is that you are a gifted actress and the world loves you, since you were very young. You can also produce. Use your special gifts to make the world a better place.

A poet writes poetry to give to the world to try to make the world a better place.

Musicians make music to try to make the world a better place.

You Alyssa, make television shows and movies. Use your gifts to try to make the world a better place. Say what you want to say with your movies and television shows.

Martin Scorcese said that you should only make movies as long as you have something to say. You, Alyssa, have a lot to say, say it with movies and television shows.

Plus, you can help to create entertainment industry jobs here in Southern California. And you can help the students as they graduate from the local film schools and acting schools. We have USC, we have the Dodge film school at Chapman, and we have the AADA in Hollywood (and in New York).

Say what you want to say, while you create local jobs, and help to make the world a better place. Use your gifts that make you special.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 12, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »

Got my second shot from the VA yesterday, feeling fine. Uncle Joe is doing a fine job getting out the doses. Traffic is crazy though. Should get all by early summer.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 12, 2021, 03:07:33 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 12, 2021, 03:14:36 PM »

---Instagram Bars Robert F. Kennedy Jr. For Spreading Vaccine Misinformation---

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/02/11/966902737/instagram-bars-robert-f-kennedy-jr-for-spreading-vaccine-misinformation

Elite crazy on the loose.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 12, 2021, 03:16:27 PM »

Preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best...I'm now learning to be self-sufficient.
Preparing for divorce if it ever happens.
Property settlement, etc.
Do I live in a van, a truck towing a caravan, in caravan parks with electricity and facilities, stealth camping in van or truck and caravan?
...or in a shack on a small rural block of land.
Live in air-conditioned clubs and malls by day, and sleep in van etc by night.

According to a YouTube video, if I lived in America, in LA...I wouldn't be allowed to sleep in my vehicle in the street at night...but I'd be allowed to sleep on the  street/sidewalk.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:32:33 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #1521 on: February 12, 2021, 03:24:08 PM »

The lead guy today was Michael van der Veen

Yep.  You're right.

Dems - and media - getting their ass kicked.
Kid continues to “move on.”
Oddly, his signature line is spot on today.

Good catch.   BTW what is the source of your new signature line?   Perhaps due to minus twelve temp here,  my search engine has failed.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 12, 2021, 03:28:46 PM »

Re the impeachment defense:

First off, this isn't a criminal trial.  So the Brandenberg standard isn't fully relevant to incitement in an impeachment trial.  Secondly and related, Trump's incitement doesn't have to be imminent.  Trump incited his supporters for months, leading up to Jan 6 where he wanted his supporters to stop the certification.  Actually Trump even started spreading the idea of a stolen election months before the election (when it looked like he might lose).  So the idea that some Trump supporters came to DC premeditating a riot/attack on the Capitol was the direct result of Trump inciting them for months, refusing to concede, claiming fraud and that the presidency was being stolen.  trump's speech on Jan 6 ensured a big crowd showed up and incited some portion of the rioters.  But thye were already incited by Trump for months.

Otherwise, I stumbled upon the WaPo Youtube channel presentation of the Impeachment hearings, and it's been pretty good.  Knowledgeable well-spoken reporters.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #1523 on: February 12, 2021, 03:34:47 PM »

Am I a news slacker lately?   Have watched none of the proceedings,  and just a couple paragraphs of summaries. 

If incitements don't have to be temporally adjacent to riots,  then Trump was really at it for about five years.   He has been inflammatory,  pretty much on a daily basis all during those years.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 12, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »

He’s being impeached because his entire political career was a run directly to the events of Jan 6. It’s an indictment of his whole vision and his very existence as a political entity.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 12, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »

Nice recovery today by Bruce Castor.

Castor hasn't been up yet.

The lead guy today was Michael van der Veen yapping about "ANTIFA" <Drink!> and "Cancel Culture" <Drink!> followed by Schoen argues no due process because of "HATRED!" <Drink!>
This keeps up and I'll be drunk before 2:30 pm.

That was what made it a good recovery.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 12, 2021, 04:17:45 PM »

The lead guy today was Michael van der Veen

Yep.  You're right.

Dems - and media - getting their ass kicked.
Kid continues to “move on.”
Oddly, his signature line is spot on today.

Good catch.   BTW what is the source of your new signature line?   Perhaps due to minus twelve temp here,  my search engine has failed.

The late lamented and underloved band, Big Star and their song O, Dana:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Big-Star/O-Dana
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 12, 2021, 04:24:40 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

Increasingly looking like no President Cuomo in our future.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 12, 2021, 04:28:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

Increasingly looking like no President Cuomo in our future.
Eventually Time Wounds All Heels.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 12, 2021, 04:35:09 PM »

I believe what Bo is saying is there would not have been a huge crowd at the Capitol if not for President Trump's Jan 6 speech.  Not sure anyone here agrees.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 2929