Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765092 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3210 on: March 09, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »

The pattern continues. Larry says nothing.

https://news.yahoo.com/korean-beauty-store-owner-beaten-180954225.html

It's pretty clear who is going after Asians, in almost every incidence reported in the last few months. And they don't look like Trump supporters.
Reading the story,  it appears to be a robbery not a racially based attack.   And you post no DOJ or other sources of stats on all of the attacks on Asians.   So no,  it's not "pretty clear. "

Don't blame me for your ignorance. I've posted incident after incident and the profile has been virtually the same each time. If you don't read the news, that's on you.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: March 09, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »

Hard to consider that Harry and Meghan, two whining entitled twits, desrve any real sympathy for their "difficult lives", as they described them from their Santa Barbara retreat.

Really? You experienced "racism"?

Look where these folks have to live (in converted shipping containers) and then tell THEM about your hardships and how Daddy won't take your phone call and how they were mean to you and you were "trapped" in the palace!

https://www.nj.com/essex/2021/03/newark-unveils-homeless-shelter-made-from-converted-shipping-containers.html

And screw Oprah for her faux dismay at the fallen Royals' trials and tribulations, when people who she could be exposing to the world who are experiencing true hardship go unnoticed by the Talk Queen.

Elizabeth II isn't the only queen who is too far removed from her people's lives.

Seriously, just STFU!
"Cancel culture comes to Elba"
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »

Hard to consider that Harry and Meghan, two whining entitled twits, desrve any real sympathy for their "difficult lives", as they described them from their Santa Barbara retreat.

Look where these folks have to live (in converted shipping containers) and then tell THEM about your hardships and how Daddy won't take your phone call and how they were mean to you and you were "trapped" in the palace!

https://www.nj.com/essex/2021/03/newark-unveils-homeless-shelter-made-from-converted-shipping-containers.html

And screw Oprah for her faux dismay at the fallen Royals' trials and tribulations, when people who she could be exposing to the world who are experiencing true hardship go unnoticed by the Talk Queen.

Elizabeth II isn't the only queen who is too far removed from her people's lives.

Seriously, just STFU!

As usual  The Lazy AZ JD brings nothing to the forum.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: March 09, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »

Precedence has already been set for marrying a divorced commoner? Let them go and pay their expenses.  Save some tax money because she is bi-racial?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: March 09, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »

Reading the story,  it appears to be a robbery not a racially based attack.   And you post no DOJ or other sources of stats on all of the attacks on Asians.   So no,  it's not "pretty clear. "

There are black salons in the area - but they were not targeted.

What - the Asians have better hair product?

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: March 09, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »

Seriously, just STFU!

As usual  The Lazy AZ JD brings nothing to the forum.
Quit trying to cancel me!
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: March 09, 2021, 10:54:59 AM »

Is there any reason for keeping the political/news fora alive other than personal attacks?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #3217 on: March 09, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »

There are black salons in the area - but they were not targeted.

What - the Asians have better hair product?

heh

Hmm,  or it's that Asian proprietors are perceived as having more money.  Or the attackers know the proprietors of the nearby black salon and wish to elude being identified by the victim.   Again,  where is the data showing these are hate crimes based on racial animus?   Criminals often have pragmatic motivations. 

It may be racially based,  in some cases,  but when there are also economic or tactical reasons, it's not so simple.  If all the really successful salons were owned by Hungarians, I would expect they'd be the targeted group.   Why did Willie Sutton rob banks?...

And neither you nor Uno succeed in connecting all this to the current wave of anti Asian attacks which seems to be driven by covid fears and not intent to commit robbery.

Uno often says he wants serious in-depth discussions of issues,  where people dig deeper,  but I am not sure he's happy with that in every case. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: March 09, 2021, 11:07:31 AM »

Is there any reason for keeping the political/news fora alive other than personal attacks?

Well..

understandably nobody wants to actually discuss Biden.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: March 09, 2021, 11:08:49 AM »

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/american-political-science-review/article/suppressing-black-votes-a-historical-case-study-of-voting-restrictions-in-louisiana/662970B089BC99495ADC2F6E3CBF61FD

Suppressing Black Votes: A Historical Case Study of Voting Restrictions in Louisiana
Published online by Cambridge University Press:  05 March 2021

The abstract:
Southern states have used a variety of methods to disenfranchise African American voters. Empirical data on the effectiveness of these measures is rare. We present a unique data source from Louisiana that allows us to empirically document voter registration rates from the end of Reconstruction to the present. Using basic time series data, we document how voter registration rates changed over time in response to state restrictions. We then conduct a second analysis, which focuses on Louisiana’s use of the Understanding Clause to reduce voter registration among Blacks. We show that in parishes that used the Understanding Clause, Black registration rates dropped by nearly 30 percentage points, with little effect on white registration. The findings of this paper have important implications for understanding the potential for discrimination in the enforcement of modern, ostensibly nonracial, voter eligibility requirements, such as voter ID laws, which grant substantial discretion to local officials in determining voter eligibility.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: March 09, 2021, 11:13:07 AM »

Well..

"Nobody" would seem to include the broad swath of posters.

But it seems to me that there have been bunches of posts about Biden's work, pro and con. Do you wish assistance in finding them?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: March 09, 2021, 11:13:53 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: March 09, 2021, 11:16:34 AM »

Well..

Further, there are many things the administration is doing that could be discussed which could be analyzed, even less than 50 days from inauguration. Failings, while somewhat visible, are harder simply because it is still so early on, but even there some notable gaps are present - both what has been handed setbacks and what is not currently on their table.

And some of those issues, + and -, have been presented.

None of them requires personal attacking (including by me).

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: March 09, 2021, 11:30:36 AM »

Shut your festering gob, you tit.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 2929