Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 2798

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660397 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4530 on: March 30, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »

The politicians do not run America, the people do, and the politicians work for us. 

On the issue of the homeless, Los Angeles County can learn a lot from Orange County on the issue of helping the homeless. And California can learn from Italy. Having private cheap hostels is the way to go, with surrounding  businesses to provide necessities, laundry, a convenience store, a computer cafe, etc. The money can be given as grants to open those types of businesses quickly in the needed areas. The people of California are good people, and we want to help the homeless, and giving business grants to entrepreneurs to open hostels in needed areas, etc, is the way to go.

On the issue of our new immigrants on our Southern Border, we need to send union representatives to our Southern Border to set up offices with computers, etc, to tell our new immigrants where the good union jobs are. Our new immigrants can join the United Farm Workers, and they can join other unions. Our new immigrants can lay cobblestone streets, they can paint houses, and they can plant trees and they can pick fruit, etc. And we need to teach our new immigrants English, when they learn English then the whole world is open to them.

And as we rise out of this corona crisis, we need to make sure that we have equal access to business loans, and business grants, and redevelopment money, and that we have equal access for contracts for city projects, etc. 

On the issue of clean public transportation, we need to hurry and build our high speed trains. I also like subways in urban areas. And the public buses need restrooms, like the Greyhound buses have. We also need to have armed security guards on the buses, to make it safe for women and children to travel. 

Those are a few thoughts for today.

Oh, and should I do a "Go Fund Me" on the web to open a movie studio in Anaheim? I keep putting the idea out there to city officials, and to others, I would like to see Anaheim have a movie studio. Even just a small studio like Occidental in East Hollywood to start. 

https://occidentalentertainment.com/

Ronald Reagan said that you can do great things as long as you do not care who gets the credit, and I would love to see Anaheim get a small movie studio and it does not matter who makes it happen. There can also be production offices, and movie equipment rentals, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: March 30, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »

Sleepy Joe’s critique of the Georgia Election Legislation drew 4 Pinocchio’ s from the Washington Post Fact Checker!

Talk about qualifying as a certified liar!
LOL!

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: March 30, 2021, 06:03:01 PM »

Oh, and should I do a "Go Fund Me" on the web to open a movie studio in Anaheim?

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: March 30, 2021, 06:10:49 PM »

Mrs bambu said this morning:

"I was in the workforce for a very long time [age 16 until age 66]. In all that time, in many different jobs, the biggest bullies of me by far were other women."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4535 on: March 30, 2021, 06:22:41 PM »

Sleepy Joe’s critique of the Georgia Election Legislation drew 4 Pinocchio’ s from the Washington Post Fact Checker!

LOL!

You know they’re desperate when they reference, of all people, Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post.

LOL.

Talk about a verified liar, the title goes to the guy with ‘bottomless Pinocchio’s...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/fact-checker-most-repeated-disinformation/

Donald J. Trump! The winner, and still world champeeen!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:27:27 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: March 30, 2021, 06:40:32 PM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-31/asian-american-woman-assaulted-on-new-york-city-street/100039808

Asian-American woman severely assaulted on New York street as US hate crimes continue to rise

An Asian-American woman has been attacked on the streets of New York City by a man who repeatedly kicked her in front of witnesses who seemingly stood by, according to surveillance footage.

Key points:
The 65-year-old woman was hospitalised with serious injuries after the daytime attack
It was the 33rd reported New York City hate crime in 2021 involving an Asian-American
Nearby office workers who watched the assault without intervening have been suspended
The New York City Police Department (NYPD) released the video after the 65-year-old woman was assaulted on Monday afternoon, suffering serious injuries.

#####

Seems from the photos in the article that the man who attacked the woman was a big huge muscular Black man.

Say I had been younger and one of those office workers, how on earth would I have been able to intervene without getting bashed senseless myself?
Would I have been allowed to shoot the thug? ...without being tossed in prison, or having my bank account drained by legal fees?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #4540 on: March 30, 2021, 08:19:27 PM »

LOL!

Biden was briefed on an earlier version of the bill (there were 25 versions floating around) and then didn't update his information when a later version retained longer poll hours and Sundays.   He spoke from ignorance, not intent to deceive.   

Helps to read the Post article,  rather than secondhand via National Review.

barton

« Reply #4541 on: March 30, 2021, 08:21:03 PM »

Every so often,  a line in a news story jumps out at me and I do a Jackson Pollock with my tea...

Bolsonaro has somewhat moderated his messaging on the virus, which he earlier dismissed as little more than an annoyance Brazilians had to work around. Long a mask skeptic, he began wearing one. He also embraced vaccines, which he previously fretted could turn people into alligators. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: March 30, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »

LOL!

Biden was briefed on an earlier version of the bill (there were 25 versions floating around) and then didn't update his information when a later version retained longer poll hours and Sundays.   He spoke from ignorance, not intent to deceive.   

Helps to read the Post article,  rather than secondhand via National Review.
Try reading the Post fact checker.
That was my source.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: March 30, 2021, 08:29:07 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: March 30, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »

Interesting that RED discussed the Post’s fact-checker until January 21st of this year.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 2798