Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765046 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6015 on: April 25, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »

Oh Those Polls !

The majority of Americans disapprove of President Joe Biden’s handling of illegal immigration at the United States-Mexico border, where the administration has welcomed thousands of migrants into the nation’s interior without having to quarantine or test for the Chinese coronavirus, according to a recent poll.
The Washington Post/ABC News poll revealed that about 53 percent of American adults said they disapprove of the way Biden is handling illegal immigration at the southern border — including 42 percent who said they “strongly disapprove” of Biden’s handling and 10 percent who said they “somewhat disapprove.

Just 37 percent of American adults said they approved of Biden’s handling of illegal immigration.
The poll showed that Biden’s transformation of the U.S.-Mexico border into a welcoming center for border crossers to merely check-in at before their release into the nation’s interior is unpopular with swing voters, GOP voters, those who lean Republican, conservatives, and non-college-educated Americans.
About 58 percent of swing voters said they disapprove of Biden’s handling of illegal immigration, along with 86 percent of Republicans, 85 percent of those who lean Republican, and 78 percent of conservatives.

Meanwhile a FOX NEWS POLL finds
almost half of the respondents surveyed said border security is worse under President Biden.
The survey found that 46 percent of Americans said border security is now worse than two years ago. By comparison, just 17 percent said the same thing in a similar survey last June. 
Fifteen percent of respondents said in the new poll that border security is now better, and one-third said it is the same. 

A majority -- 52 percent -- also said they disapprove of the president's work on immigration while 34 percent approve. 

Almost two-third of Democrats surveyed -- 64 percent -- said they approve of Biden's performance on immigration, compared to just 7 percent of Republicans. 
More than half of voters -- 56 percent -- also said migrants are trying to enter the U.S. because Biden won the election.  

Meanwhile Kammy Harris has been MIA for a month after sleepy Joe put her in charge of the crisis at the border.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: April 25, 2021, 08:18:21 PM »

Meanwhile Kammy Harris has been MIA for a month after sleepy Joe put her in charge of the crisis at the border.

Do nothing, can't make any mistakes.
Ride around in a gold carriage waving to the People for a couple of years after the election...one will usually be very popular.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: April 25, 2021, 08:42:27 PM »

Nah - she's around

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-southern-border-central-america-trip
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: April 25, 2021, 08:46:42 PM »

Ms. Harris!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #6019 on: April 25, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »

Why would English common law from the 1600s be applicable in a country where people can buy assault rifles?   Did I miss the part of the chat were someone explained that?  Wasn't the whole thing with common law that it was not set in stone and could be changed as times did?   Lime might have said something useful,  but I'm the dog in the room who only understood "walk" and "food."   

kidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: April 25, 2021, 09:04:12 PM »

Why would English common law from the 1600s be applicable in a country where people can buy assault rifles?   Did I miss the part of the chat were someone explained that?  Wasn't the whole thing with common law that it was not set in stone and could be changed as times did?   Lime might have said something useful,  but I'm the dog in the room who only understood "walk" and "food."
Think about what you just posted .
At least, try.

barton

« Reply #6022 on: April 25, 2021, 09:09:00 PM »

That's your tack lately,  I've noticed.   When you don't feel able to address a question or discursive point, you adopt the air of an irritable and condescending professor.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: April 25, 2021, 09:18:48 PM »

That's your tack lately,  I've noticed.   When you don't feel able to address a question or discursive point, you adopt the air of an irritable and condescending professor.
Nope.
The right of self defense has stood internationally for 11 centuries and is imbedded in USLaw in all 50  states and reinforced by SCOTUS.
All you want to do is change the subject.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: April 25, 2021, 09:22:27 PM »

The right of self defense has stood internationally for 11 centuries and is imbedded in USLaw in all 50  states and reinforced by SCOTUS.

As it LOGICALLY needs to be

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: April 25, 2021, 09:23:52 PM »

I was friends with Norby Walters when I worked for Suzanne Pleshette, and Norby used to throw an Oscar party every year, "Night of 100 Stars." I do not think that Norby throws his parties anymore, but when I was young I really wanted to go to Norby's parties. And I think that Donald Trump went to Norby's parties, and a lot of rich and famous people attended Norby's parties.

I found an article about Norby Walters and his Oscar party, and they have a picture of President Trump at one of Norby's parties, I knew they were friends...

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/curtains-night-100-stars-article-1.3766226

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: April 25, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »

Did he host the parties when he was in jail?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: April 25, 2021, 09:41:25 PM »

Daily Tele today;

Tim Blair: If you are always looking for racism you will always find it

Racism is everywhere, if ­racism is all you wish to see.
If you’re determined enough, you can even find racism in people you’ve never met and about whom you know absolutely nothing.

Year 11 boys at a Melbourne school were last week called on by a visiting council youth worker to stand up and be shamed for their racial sins.

During her talk on privilege, pronouns and “intersectionality” at Parkdale Secondary College last Wednesday, the youth worker asked Year 11 boys to stand up if they were “white”, “male” and “Christian”, and then told them they were responsible for being “privileged” and “oppressors”.

#####

Said boys [aged about 17] should've started singing "Onward Christian Soldiers".

Trouble is, if they'd done that they'd likely have been expelled from the school and not be allowed to graduate.
So they just have to sit there and take it.

Yes, White Christian Males...about time we were protected, by ourselves.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #6028 on: April 25, 2021, 09:43:32 PM »

Nope.

I wanted to know why it had to be enshrined in 1600's British common law for us to accept it as valid.   Why was Scalia referencing that common law somehow needed in validating present law and decisions?   Not really a complicated question or a change of subject.   Why do we need to look to British common law at all in deciding how to protect ourselves from crazies with assault rifles?   YMMV.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6029 on: April 25, 2021, 09:47:02 PM »

Nope.

That’s why the enslaved could not defend themselves by law, right?

Fuck outta here with that bullshit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 2929