Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764553 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6135 on: April 28, 2021, 01:04:48 PM »

Last I checked,  the protocol for arresting an unarmed person does not include shooting them.
Check again.

The statutory standards allow an officer to use deadly physical force when the officer reasonably believes it is necessary to (1) defend himself or herself or a third person from the use or imminent use of deadly physical force or (2) arrest or prevent the escape of someone the officer reasonably believes has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving the infliction or threat of serious physical injury, and, if feasible, the officer has given warning of his or her intent to use deadly physical force.

Yes, I know that.  I didn't write at greater length, as in.... "the protocol....does not include shooting them, if they are nonviolent and the warrant is for a nonviolent offense..." which apparently I needed to, instead of assuming people here were intelligent enough to follow the implication in this case.  So, no, they don't get to shoot him.  Unless it turns out he was being violent in some covert way that no witnesses have bothered to mention.  Usually, putting both hands on the steering wheel is considered a signal that you are not opting for violence with a firearm. 

barton

« Reply #6136 on: April 28, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »

If it proves that Brown was attempting to run over officers, and they had no option to protect themselves (like, say, stepping aside from a moving vehicle) but shooting, then the case will go a different direction. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6137 on: April 28, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »

Last I checked,  the protocol for arresting an unarmed person does not include shooting them.
Check again.

The statutory standards allow an officer to use deadly physical force when the officer reasonably believes it is necessary to (1) defend himself or herself or a third person from the use or imminent use of deadly physical force or (2) arrest or prevent the escape of someone the officer reasonably believes has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving the infliction or threat of serious physical injury, and, if feasible, the officer has given warning of his or her intent to use deadly physical force.

Check again... fleeing felon.

Tennessee vs Garner
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: April 28, 2021, 01:39:48 PM »

Check again.

Yes, I know that.  I didn't write at greater length, as in.... "the protocol....does not include shooting them, if they are nonviolent and the warrant is for a nonviolent offense..." which apparently I needed to, instead of assuming people here were intelligent enough to follow the implication in this case.  So, no, they don't get to shoot him.  Unless it turns out he was being violent in some covert way that no witnesses have bothered to mention.  Usually, putting both hands on the steering wheel is considered a signal that you are not opting for violence with a firearm.
Do us all a favor and check back in when all the facts are revealed.
Your speculations on protocol, etc are not very enlightened nor productive. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: April 28, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »

If it proves that Brown was attempting to run over officers, and they had no option to protect themselves (like, say, stepping aside from a moving vehicle) but shooting, then the case will go a different direction.

Unfortunately, this part is probably inaccurate

But N Carolina supposedly does have some of the toughest anti-use of force laws for law enforcement

We wait.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6140 on: April 28, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »

Unfortunately, this part is probably inaccurate

But N Carolina supposedly does have some of the toughest anti-use of force laws for law enforcement

We wait.

So release the footage.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: April 28, 2021, 02:43:58 PM »

So release the footage.

Sure, I will get right on it so you can give it your slant.  I am sure "didnt have to kill him" will be part of it.

Q:  If the fifth shot hits his arm (like the other 4, reportedly) and they stop shooting, what happens next?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:45:40 PM by kidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #6142 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:42 PM »

Got your enlightenment right here, Dalai Lama....

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6145 on: April 28, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »

Got your enlightenment right here, Dalai Lama....

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6146 on: April 28, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »

So release the footage.

Sure, I will get right on it so you can give it your slant.  I am sure "didnt have to kill him" will be part of it.

Q:  If the fifth shot hits his arm (like the other 4, reportedly) and they stop shooting, what happens next?

Fuck the speculation!

Let’s the footage.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: April 28, 2021, 03:15:04 PM »

LOL

Sorry for asking you to reason.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6148 on: April 28, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »

LOL

Sorry for asking you to reason.

Why guess what happened?

There’s dashcam video, there’s body cam video if that footage backed up the Sheriff Department stories that footage would be all over.

Can’t release the footage but let’s hear all about Brown’s rap sheet.

The game is as stale as week old bread.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: April 28, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »

Damn straight.

Keep marching.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 2929