Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763763 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6541 on: May 04, 2021, 09:28:51 PM »

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  The Last Temptation of Christ,  The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.
Well, technically....

Ha!   Though technically being a subject of Rome in Judaea does not make you Italian.  But I laughed anyway. 

It's funny that R Bull and TD are,  though iconic,  about my least favorite Scorsese pics,  which is why I tend not to list them.  It's funny how a movie can be important,  and yet there is no desire to see it again.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: May 04, 2021, 09:31:15 PM »

Raging Bull is right up there with Forrest Gump on my overrated list.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #6543 on: May 04, 2021, 09:51:15 PM »

Last Tuesday, Kevin McCarthy got off a helicopter in front of the Capitol,  carrying a baby piglet under each arm.

The squared-away Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted and said: "Nice Pigs, Sir".

McCarthy replied: "These are not Pigs. These are Authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs.
I got one for Marjorie Taylor Greene and I got one for Lauren Boebert. "

The squared-away Marine again snapped to attention, saluted, and said: "Outstanding trade, sir."

FIFY

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6544 on: May 04, 2021, 09:53:57 PM »

I know the movie is just ok but I watch the Color of Money every time I stumble across it. Doesn’t matter if it’s in the beginning, middle or end. Even with commercials

I grew up watching a lot of Paul Newman movies and for years would hear my mom say, “Oh, that is a pretty man!”

I’m an unabashed fan.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: May 04, 2021, 10:00:04 PM »

Scorsese’s  greatest but rarely seen.
Prepare to be Hitchcocked 

https://youtu.be/pKl4VAXZXcI

barton

« Reply #6546 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »

I know the movie is just ok but I watch the Color of Money every time I stumble across it. Doesn’t matter if it’s in the beginning, middle or end. Even with commercials

I grew up watching a lot of Paul Newman movies and for years would hear my mom say, “Oh, that is a pretty man!”

I’m an unabashed fan.

Second that.   Will watch pretty much any Newman vehicle, even late period ones like Nobody's Fool.  He could turn in flawless antihero performances,  as well as having a grace, an economy of motion and gesture,  and what some people out here call cowboy eyes.   He seemed like an honest guy with remarkably little vanity.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6547 on: May 04, 2021, 10:23:47 PM »

Ben Stiller and John Mahoney in

The Hustler of Money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVk5Se6gVTE

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: May 04, 2021, 10:32:08 PM »

Scorsese’s  greatest but rarely seen.
Prepare to be Hitchcocked 

https://youtu.be/pKl4VAXZXcI

That was great.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: May 04, 2021, 11:05:55 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: May 04, 2021, 11:43:42 PM »

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  The Last Temptation of Christ,  The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.
Well, technically....

Ha!   Though technically being a subject of Rome in Judaea does not make you Italian.  But I laughed anyway. 

It's funny that R Bull and TD are,  though iconic,  about my least favorite Scorsese pics,  which is why I tend not to list them.  It's funny how a movie can be important,  and yet there is no desire to see it again.
I think there are great movies that are just too raw or painful to rewatch. RB and TD are two. So, recently, is MbtS.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: May 05, 2021, 12:20:09 AM »

Mascagni’s  Intermezzo is alone worth countless reruns of Raging Bull.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:22:10 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: May 05, 2021, 12:28:38 AM »

Justin Lafferty, a TN Republican state representative, was rebuked after offering a historical defense of the agreement, under which three-fifths of a state’s enslaved people counted toward its population.

He was greeted with applause from many in his party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: May 05, 2021, 12:38:45 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 2929