Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762539 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6870 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:37 PM »

Lets go!!!!

You keep saying that yet here you are.

Go the fuck on already and don’t come back. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: May 11, 2021, 09:55:10 PM »

Wasn't drawing an analogy.   I was saying both are wrong.   Wrong because of a common feature:  brutal nonconsensual booting of residents from lands they've long lived on.   Try to keep up.
Better advice for you.
Native Americans were booting each other off lands long lived on way before the Europeans migrated here.
What part of "Wrong because of a common feature:  brutal nonconsensual booting of residents from lands they've long lived on.' did you not understand?
LOL!
You can’t be serious.
So no substantive response so a nonsensical comment. BAE.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: May 11, 2021, 09:56:39 PM »

The Dutchman gets it....

While it's had some ups and downs, the stock market has soared to historic heights in recent years.
Yep. The last four to be specific when taxes were cut and regulations rolled back.
For many, that's great news: It's a sign the economy and their retirement accounts are doing really well. For Jan Eeckhout, however, the booming stock market is a sign there's something deeply wrong with the economy.

Sure, the economist says, he has a retirement account with stocks, and he personally benefits from the ongoing bonanza on stock exchanges. But the rocket ride of the stock market is powered by the exploding profits of increasingly powerful corporations. Their increasingly ridiculous profits, he says, are eating the income of the vast bulk of workers and hurting the overall economy. .That notion is the central thesis of his forthcoming book, The Profit Paradox: How Thriving Firms Threaten the Future of Work.

Lurking behind the soaring profits and stock prices of corporate America is a powerful force. Eeckhout argues that force is one of the biggest reasons why the wages of the typical American worker have flatlined, why there's been a significant decline in the percentage of people participating in the workforce, why the share of national income going to workers has been falling and why startup growth has slowed in recent decades. That force, he says, is the startling growth of market power since 1980.  [/i]

Well.  As the Markets advanced more incomes rose, more people got jobs, and unemployment rates dropped to record lows for minorities.
You think the guy who applies the paint builds the car, don't you.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: May 11, 2021, 10:12:21 PM »

The Dutchman gets it....

While it's had some ups and downs, the stock market has soared to historic heights in recent years.
Yep. The last four to be specific when taxes were cut and regulations rolled back.
For many, that's great news: It's a sign the economy and their retirement accounts are doing really well. For Jan Eeckhout, however, the booming stock market is a sign there's something deeply wrong with the economy.

Sure, the economist says, he has a retirement account with stocks, and he personally benefits from the ongoing bonanza on stock exchanges. But the rocket ride of the stock market is powered by the exploding profits of increasingly powerful corporations. Their increasingly ridiculous profits, he says, are eating the income of the vast bulk of workers and hurting the overall economy. .That notion is the central thesis of his forthcoming book, The Profit Paradox: How Thriving Firms Threaten the Future of Work.

Lurking behind the soaring profits and stock prices of corporate America is a powerful force. Eeckhout argues that force is one of the biggest reasons why the wages of the typical American worker have flatlined, why there's been a significant decline in the percentage of people participating in the workforce, why the share of national income going to workers has been falling and why startup growth has slowed in recent decades. That force, he says, is the startling growth of market power since 1980.  [/i]

Well.  As the Markets advanced more incomes rose, more people got jobs, and unemployment rates dropped to record lows for minorities.
You think the guy who applies the paint builds the car, don't you.
I see you have no answer to the facts I mentioned.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:58 PM »

Babbage also insisted that “this is not against Stacey Abrams as a person,” but rather the “lies she spits."

Which tells you all you needed to know about Babbage's integrity.
Yeah.
He outranks Abrams in that category 10-1.

That’s just stupid.

So's arguing with Ward.

Ward is a liar.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: May 11, 2021, 11:14:38 PM »

Wake up.

If Mexico started indiscriminately and daily lobbing rockets into El Paso for months at a time, would you be talking about the US occupation?

Puhleeeeeeeze.

Poor analogy.   

And the fact that Americans occupied and then brutally displaced indigenous people from their lands is a spectacularly uncompelling argument for something so obviously wrong.   It was wrong then,  and it's wrong now. 

And,  re Janis Ian:  you're such a beacon of light and positivity here.

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: May 11, 2021, 11:28:36 PM »

Babbage also insisted that “this is not against Stacey Abrams as a person,” but rather the “lies she spits."

Which tells you all you needed to know about Babbage's integrity.
Yeah.
He outranks Abrams in that category 10-1.

That’s just stupid.

So's arguing with Ward.

Ward is a liar.

Red gets understandably nervous when he sees news like this,

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/11/dhs-domestic-terror-intelligence-487145
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: May 11, 2021, 11:29:10 PM »

Wake up.

If Mexico started indiscriminately and daily lobbing rockets into El Paso for months at a time, would you be talking about the US occupation?

Puhleeeeeeeze.

Poor analogy.   

And the fact that Americans occupied and then brutally displaced indigenous people from their lands is a spectacularly uncompelling argument for something so obviously wrong.   It was wrong then,  and it's wrong now. 

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

Hahahahaha!

Bigot.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: May 12, 2021, 02:17:41 AM »

The Palmer Report is about as biased a source as there is out there, with a tendency to either slant regular news in the direction of Dems or even report suspicious, unsourced negative crap about various GOP folks.

But in Palmer's recent tweet-rant, he provides one of the clearest examinations of Liz Cheney's "defeat" that I have read anywhere ---> she is losing a position she doesn't care about to set herself up for her run for the presidency in 2024, when Trump is too toxic for even the likes of Minority Leader McCarthy.

She remains her father's daughter and we do not want her in the White House. This is a principled stand on her part, but the principle is not so much about our democracy as it is her ambition.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: May 12, 2021, 02:23:56 AM »

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/306038

The irony of Lod is that the couple that were killed by the Hamas rocket were both Israeli Arabs. The sixteen year-old girl who died was named as Nadine Awad.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: May 12, 2021, 06:11:01 AM »

They're still letting Joe make speeches.
Now look what's happened.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: May 12, 2021, 09:37:30 AM »

“Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar,” she said. “I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law and joins the former president’s crusade to undermine our democracy.” ...

Emerging from the meeting, Ms. Cheney remained unremorseful, and said she was committed to doing “everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets near the Oval Office.”

“We must go forward based on truth,” Ms. Cheney told reporters. “We cannot both embrace the big lie and embrace the constitution.”Rep. Liz Cheney shortly before she was ousted as party leader by colleagues.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:41:31 AM by bankshot1 »

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: May 12, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »

She's running for 2024.  And she's a hawk.   It's not often I nod my head when Jason Miller speaks....

What Liz Cheney fails to realize is President Trump’s election in 2016 showed that there is no place in the Republican Party for permanent warmongers who believe that we should be world cops.  Liz Cheney will now be relegated to the ash heap of history, having the same lack of influence as other military-industrial complex has-beens like John Bolton.

The GOP,  or a third party,  could maybe reform under a Romney or Murkowski type moderate, or maybe some resurrected Jeff Flake,  but Cheney would be a return to Bush-Cheney conservatism and saber-rattling and the kind of social conservatism even a fair number of conservatives are edging away from.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: May 12, 2021, 11:30:14 AM »

Wake up.

Puhleeeeeeeze.

Poor analogy.   

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

Hahahahaha!

Bigot.

The irony of you being so "woke" is that you've actually been put to sleep. You've hit the pause button on thinking, and now you just do as you're told.

Sad to see, but it's who you've become.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: May 12, 2021, 11:46:37 AM »

Wake up.

Puhleeeeeeeze.

Poor analogy.   

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

Hahahahaha!

Bigot.

The irony of you being so "woke" is that you've actually been put to sleep. You've hit the pause button on thinking, and now you just do as you're told.

Sad to see, but it's who you've become.
Hahaha haha. Bigot.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 2929