Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759678 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7787 on: May 27, 2021, 06:54:09 PM »

Four former DHS chiefs, from both parties' administrations, call for the Senate to approve a 1/6 commission.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/politics/dhs-secretaries-january-6-commission/index.html

But the non-partisan, "I am only for myself" minority leader, Mitch McConnell, will continue in opposition.

Makes you wonder what he's trying to cover up, doesn't it?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: May 27, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »

Why did Joe Biden shut down the investigation of the origins of Covid-19?

A real investigation doesn't start out with the conclusion it wants and then try to to prove it.  That's why it was shut down, so Biden could start a proper one, where there's credible fact-finding and you follow the evidence wherever it may lead.
You and Lime are amusing toadies of the left.
Biden shut down the investigation started under Trump to avoid its possible conclusion that COVId came out of  the Lab in Wuhan.
Now Biden is linked to the new Investigation and its findings.
He is betting that China won’t let the truth out,ever, so the investigation will never end but he will be seen on the high road.
Did you even read let alone comprehend your own article? The investigation is and has been  ongoing. Biden shut down a secret separate State Department investigation designed to tie the virus to the lab. The.actual investigation is continuing and is looking at the lab evidence despite the fact that NONE OF THEM ANTICIPATE FINDING A LINK.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: May 27, 2021, 07:08:10 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7791 on: May 27, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/555833-gop-megadonor-foster-friess-dies-at-81

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Where does one go to spit on his grave?

Spit?

I’d guzzle a half gallon of cranberry juice wait an hour than drop trou and let fly.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: May 27, 2021, 07:34:18 PM »

The truth will out.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiaGh0dHBzOi8vYWJjbmV3cy5nby5jb20vVVMvYW15LWNvb3Blci1zdWVzLWVtcGxveWVyLXJhY2lhbC1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi12aXJhbC1jZW50cmFsL3N0b3J5P2lkPTc3OTIzODA10gFsaHR0cHM6Ly9hYmNuZXdzLmdvLmNvbS9hbXAvVVMvYW15LWNvb3Blci1zdWVzLWVtcGxveWVyLXJhY2lhbC1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi12aXJhbC1jZW50cmFsL3N0b3J5P2lkPTc3OTIzODA1?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

She will certainly win a nice sum.
No,.that is a much, much harder case than you think it is.

Open and shut - if the company cannot show it investigated the matter fully - rather than going fully on media reports.
You do not know what you are talking about. Seriously. That is not how any of that works.

Remember that Kid writes from the perspective of one who has never under any circumstance met a person who thought employing him in any capacity would accrue to their benefit.

His views on employment are as fiction-based and divorced from reality as his views on race relations and on politics.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #7793 on: May 27, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »

Larry Bullslinger and HairyLime the Pope's defender haven't lectured us on this form of bigotry. Josh has been strangely quiet. Trying to go along to get along?

(...)
The Left and the Right in America now agree....Jews are the problem....

No one here,  either silent or megaphone-hoisting like you,  is okay with anti-Semitism.

I would disagree with you that it flows from the majority of either conservatives or liberals or leftists.   It's stupid from any point on the ideological map.   And some of it,  on the Left,  is directed at Bibi's brutal brand of RW, and not at Jews per se, so attaching the anti-Semitism label is misleading.   Leftists who actually convert their outrage at RW Israeli policy into physical  attacks on Jews in America are morons and likely amoral sociopaths tumescent with the new excuse to beat people up.   They are a tiny minority,  as are the neo-Nazis, but any such segment of an political fringe are clickbait and their existence will be magnified to keep media conglomerates solvent.   

The truth in all this ferment is that some people do idiotically construe pro-Palestinian as pro-Hamas and as anti-Semitic.   The rest of us would like to see two peaceful states where both Jews and Palestinian Arabs prosper and treat each other with respect.   Neither Bibi nor Hamas is the path to that.   

barton

« Reply #7794 on: May 27, 2021, 08:12:39 PM »

The truth will out.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiaGh0dHBzOi8vYWJjbmV3cy5nby5jb20vVVMvYW15LWNvb3Blci1zdWVzLWVtcGxveWVyLXJhY2lhbC1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi12aXJhbC1jZW50cmFsL3N0b3J5P2lkPTc3OTIzODA10gFsaHR0cHM6Ly9hYmNuZXdzLmdvLmNvbS9hbXAvVVMvYW15LWNvb3Blci1zdWVzLWVtcGxveWVyLXJhY2lhbC1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi12aXJhbC1jZW50cmFsL3N0b3J5P2lkPTc3OTIzODA1?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

She will certainly win a nice sum.

She’s fortunate she didn’t go to jail.
kiid and Uno both support white people calling the cops on black people whenever possible.

Steve supports pedophile priests, as he misses his days as altar boy servicing MSG. WÓJCIK at St. Stanislaus Church in Buttfuck, Michigan.
For the record, I converted at 36.

Uno,  in the bestiary of trolls, is a camel.   He will thrive for weeks on the fact that you didn't specifically deny supporting pedophile priests.   Nor have you filed stern lectures against anti-Semitism, white slavery,  footbinding,  genital mutilation, or coprophagy,  which means you must surely favor them.   

barton

« Reply #7795 on: May 27, 2021, 08:18:43 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/555833-gop-megadonor-foster-friess-dies-at-81

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Where does one go to spit on his grave?

Spit?

I’d guzzle a half gallon of cranberry juice wait an hour than drop trou and let fly.

It's kinda sad that when I read references to cranberry juice, I tend to recall Ray Winstone and Leo D in that bar fight scene in The Departed.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: May 27, 2021, 08:26:11 PM »

Why did Joe Biden shut down the investigation of the origins of Covid-19?

A real investigation doesn't start out with the conclusion it wants and then try to to prove it.  That's why it was shut down, so Biden could start a proper one, where there's credible fact-finding and you follow the evidence wherever it may lead.
You and Lime are amusing toadies of the left.
Biden shut down the investigation started under Trump to avoid its possible conclusion that COVId came out of  the Lab in Wuhan.
Now Biden is linked to the new Investigation and its findings.
He is betting that China won’t let the truth out,ever, so the investigation will never end but he will be seen on the high road.
Did you even read let alone comprehend your own article? The investigation is and has been  ongoing. Biden shut down a secret separate State Department investigation designed to tie the virus to the lab. The.actual investigation is continuing and is looking at the lab evidence despite the fact that NONE OF THEM ANTICIPATE FINDING A LINK.
To refresh what I posted

Washington (CNN)President Joe Biden's team shut down a closely-held State Department effort launched late in the Trump administration to prove the coronavirus originated in a Chinese lab over concerns about the quality of its work, according to three sources familiar with the decision.

The existence of the State Department inquiry and its termination this spring by the Biden administration -- neither of which has been previously reported -- comes to light amid renewed interest in whether the virus could have leaked out of a Wuhan lab with links to the Chinese military. The Biden administration is also facing scrutiny of its own efforts to determine if the Chinese government was responsible for the virus.

Then just yesterday Biden called for a new investigation.

(WSJ)

WASH­ING­TON—Pres­ident Biden or­dered a U.S. in­tel­li­gence in­quiry into the ori­gins of Covid-19, fol­low­ing re­newed scru­tiny of the pos­si­bility that the out­break of the virus might have started with a lab­o­ra­tory leak in China. The White House has come un­der pres­sure to carry out its own in­ves­ti-ga­tion af­ter China told the World Health Or­ga­niza­tion that it con­sid­ered Bei­jing’s part of the in­ves­ti­ga­tion com­plete, call­ing for ef­forts to trace the virus’s ori­gins to shift into other countries.

Mr. Biden, who wants a re­port within 90 days, said that U.S. in­tel­li­gence has fo­cused on two sce­nar­ios—whether the coro­n­avirus came from hu­man con­tact with an in­fected an­i­mal or from a lab­o­ra­tory ac­ci­dent. He said that there is a di­vergence among of­fi­cials in the Amer­i­can in­tel­ligence com­mu­nity, or IC, on how the virus might have emerged.

It remains, as I said,  just political games,  with Biden trying to upstage any credibility of the Trump-backed investigation and replace it with conclusions from an Investigation he ordered.

Try to focus.
Mark Zuckerberg did.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: May 27, 2021, 08:40:37 PM »

No one has to undermine the credibility of an investigation that's decided what it wants to prove before an objective gathering of facts has been done.   Such a farce undermines itself.  A truth that applies to most of Trump's executive actions.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7798 on: May 27, 2021, 08:44:32 PM »

Larry Bullslinger and HairyLime the Pope's defender haven't lectured us on this form of bigotry. Josh has been strangely quiet. Trying to go along to get along?

(...)
The Left and the Right in America now agree....Jews are the problem....

No one here,  either silent or megaphone-hoisting like you,  is okay with anti-Semitism.

I would disagree with you that it flows from the majority of either conservatives or liberals or leftists.   It's stupid from any point on the ideological map.   And some of it,  on the Left,  is directed at Bibi's brutal brand of RW, and not at Jews per se, so attaching the anti-Semitism label is misleading.   Leftists who actually convert their outrage at RW Israeli policy into physical  attacks on Jews in America are morons and likely amoral sociopaths tumescent with the new excuse to beat people up.   They are a tiny minority,  as are the neo-Nazis, but any such segment of an political fringe are clickbait and their existence will be magnified to keep media conglomerates solvent.   

The truth in all this ferment is that some people do idiotically construe pro-Palestinian as pro-Hamas and as anti-Semitic.   The rest of us would like to see two peaceful states where both Jews and Palestinian Arabs prosper and treat each other with respect.   Neither Bibi nor Hamas is the path to that.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: May 27, 2021, 09:18:12 PM »

No one has to undermine the credibility of an investigation that's decided what it wants to prove before an objective gathering of facts has been done.   Such a farce undermines itself.  A truth that applies to most of Trump's executive actions.

Very true.

Did trump ever figure out how he gave Red Syphilis? That’s the medical mystery he should be concerned with.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 2929