Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757571 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9300 on: June 13, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »

That is way cool
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9301 on: June 13, 2021, 06:21:56 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: June 13, 2021, 07:00:13 PM »

If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/north-carolina-plantation-s-juneteenth-event-underscores-south-s-historical-n1270593

By middle school, they’ll be doing the panzer leg of the blitzkrieg. Christian white nationalist education at work. Teach your children to be traitors so the South may one day burn again…
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9303 on: June 13, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »

If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/north-carolina-plantation-s-juneteenth-event-underscores-south-s-historical-n1270593

By middle school, they’ll be doing the panzer leg of the blitzkrieg. Christian white nationalist education at work. Teach your children to be traitors so the South may one day burn again…

Their uncles and cousins may have mounted a coup on 1/6 but we’ve certainly come a long way, right?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: June 13, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »

News Item

117 employees  of Houston’s Methodist Hospital have two weeks to get a Covid-19 Vaccine or get fired.
Ninety-Nine per cent  of the 25,000 employees of the system already have the shots  but 117 others filed suit against the Hospital’s directive.

A Texas Federal Judge threw out the lawsuit saying:

“ Methodist is trying to do their business of saving lives without giving patients the COVID -19 virus. It is a choice made to keep staff, patients, and their families safer," U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes wrote.  (Those workers opposed) can freely choose to accept or refuse a COVID -19 vaccine; however, if they refuse they  will simply need to work somewhere else. If a worker refuses an assignment, changed office, earlier start time, or other directive, he may be properly fired. Every employment includes limits on the worker's behavior in exchange for his remuneration. That is all part of the bargain."

DUH!

The workers have two weeks to comply.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:15:16 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #9305 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »

As best as I can tell you and I are the only one to have seen Maher's comments in their entirety, or I know I did. Yet once the tone was set down by Elba's council of woke, that Maher is just a spoiled pot-smoking libertarian, taking a white boy's path of priviledge, yada, yada, yada, the politically correct view had been established, all without watching the actual editorial....

FtR,  I wasn't attacking Maher so much as Smuel's spin of it to concoct a strawman here and then ignore us when it's pointed out. 

I've never fit any imagined "woke" template.  For example, I believe nations should have a single language and anyone who goes to live in that nation should speak that language,  period.   Unfortunately, when some RW partisan hears that,  they mistakenly think I'm with them on other issues,  when I mos def am not.   I just happen to diverge from many liberals on that issue,  and I'm consistent in my application -- any country you settle in,  learn the damn lingo.   (don't start an argument, it's just an example of how few people here really "march" in lockstep with a brigade)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9306 on: June 13, 2021, 09:00:07 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9307 on: June 13, 2021, 09:05:10 PM »

As best as I can tell you and I are the only one to have seen Maher's comments in their entirety, or I know I did. Yet once the tone was set down by Elba's council of woke, that Maher is just a spoiled pot-smoking libertarian, taking a white boy's path of priviledge, yada, yada, yada, the politically correct view had been established, all without watching the actual editorial....

FtR,  I wasn't attacking Maher so much as Smuel's spin of it to concoct a strawman here and then ignore us when it's pointed out. 

I've never fit any imagined "woke" template.  For example, I believe nations should have a single language and anyone who goes to live in that nation should speak that language,  period.   Unfortunately, when some RW partisan hears that,  they mistakenly think I'm with them on other issues,  when I mos def am not.   I just happen to diverge from many liberals on that issue,  and I'm consistent in my application -- any country you settle in,  learn the damn lingo.   (don't start an argument, it's just an example of how few people here really "march" in lockstep with a brigade)

I don’t watch his show anymore.

My biggest problem with Bill Maher is he is a raging Islamaphobe so I stopped watching him years ago. He’s gotten worse as years go by.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #9308 on: June 13, 2021, 09:13:28 PM »

That hammerhead is whimsical and wondrous.   Someone should sculpt a bottlenose dolphin made of....

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: June 13, 2021, 09:14:06 PM »

Bart I'm not in the habit of defending Utley, nor do I intend to make a habit of it, but when he's on point, he's on point. 

I thought Utley made a fair, if pointed observation about Red's Maher post and the irrelevant non-response it received.

He asked a legit question which was specifically about Red's Maher content.

So? You didn't counter his argument. You just attacked him as being someone who shouldn't be able to make that argument.

Calling someone a pot-smoking libertarian and playing the race card to avoid answering a question should be called out and is fair game.

There was a strawman, but it wasn't erected by Utley.

YMMV

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: June 13, 2021, 09:22:56 PM »

The question was answered as soon as the first response of “no one actually thinks no progress has been made” was added to the thread.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: June 13, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »

The question was answered as soon as the first response of “no one actually thinks no progress has been made” was added to the thread.

Fac as best as I can tell Utley responded to the first response labeling Maher a pot-smoking white-privileged libertarian, a theme that continued for a few responses, including one rebutted by Red. Maher's point was evaded by the personal attack by the Elba Council of Woke. None of whom it seems actually saw the Maher editorial, but felt compelled to condemn it.

Kind of proving Maher's point. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9312 on: June 13, 2021, 09:37:17 PM »

Fac as best as I can tell Utley responded to the first response labeling Maher a pot-smoking white-privileged libertarian, a theme that continued for a few responses, including one rebutted by Red. Maher's point was evaded by the personal attack by the Elba Council of Woke. None of whom it seems actually saw the Maher piece.

Kind of proving Maher's point.

I already posted my response with this as the penultimate sentence;

“Yeah, we’ve made progress but if it was you would you be satisfied?”

I also said on this page WHY I no longer watch Bill Maher is because he’s nothing but a rich bitch pot smoking libertarian and raging Islamaphobe.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:39:09 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9313 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:02 PM »

... and an asshole to boot.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: June 13, 2021, 09:51:06 PM »

Just a heads up on progress

My ancestors have waited 3,000 years for progress, and prejudice to disappear, and at times its a fucking slow process, and at times it one step forward, 10 miles back. So you might have to wait a little longer.

And as you haven't watched Maher in years, your comments about something you did not see, and just your perceived impression of Maher's nature, in an attempt to stifle his voice, make your comments pretty irrelevant.   

I give them no weight.

Other are free to weigh them as they see fit.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:53:04 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 2928