Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757122 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9780 on: June 17, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »

Putin said, “On the question of who is murdering whom, people rioted and went into the Congress in the U.S. with political demands, and many people were declared as criminals and they are threatened with imprisonment for 20 to 25 years. These people were immediately arrested after those events. On what grounds we don’t know always. … Others were just shot on the spot and unarmed as well.”

Putin dominant

Joe tired

Thank you for sharing your fantasy life

It’s fucking gross

Now put it away
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9781 on: June 17, 2021, 04:08:04 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Yeah.

Sure.

You’re backing the autocratic despot.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 04:17:14 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9782 on: June 17, 2021, 04:15:05 PM »

Joe Manchin... alright now.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: June 17, 2021, 04:25:01 PM »

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" ...is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence....

Why would he bother,  when you've provided that evidence so amply in your own posts here.

The Council of the Woke has spoken. Therefore, no evidence need be shown.

That's who you've become.

Sad.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: June 17, 2021, 04:31:17 PM »

Just in time for Father's Day:

A new report from the Institute for Family Studies co-authored by us with sociologist Wendy Wang finds large differences between Black kids raised by their own two parents, compared to their peers raised by single parents (primarily single mothers). Black children raised by single parents are three times more likely to be poor, compared to Black children raised by their own married parents. Black boys are almost half as likely to end up incarcerated (14% for intact; 23% for single parent) and twice as likely to go on and graduate from college (21% for intact; 12% for single parent) if they are raised in a home with their two parents, compared to boys raised by just one parent. Parallel patterns obtain for girls. Equally striking, we also find that Black children from stable two-parent homes do better than white children from single-parent homes when it comes to their risk of poverty or prison, and their odds of graduating from college. Young white men from single-parent families, for instance, are more likely to end up in prison than young Black men from intact, two-parent homes.

Ironically, the work of another scholar just across the Harvard campus from Cross, Raj Chetty, also refutes the idea that Black fathers don’t matter. Chetty and his colleagues set out to determine the most powerful neighborhood factors behind the gap in economic mobility for poor Black and white boys. The biggest factor? The “fraction of low-income Black fathers present” in a neighborhood. In other words, poor black boys in neighborhoods with lots of Black fathers were significantly more likely to realize the American Dream.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/06/17/single-moms-great-families-dads-better/7705997002/

Clearly, we must blame Spike Lee. He hasn't made enough movies showing the importance of being a black father. He did exploit the mental illness of Mike Tyson for profit, though.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: June 17, 2021, 04:42:55 PM »

And you proved my point.

It's a shame that you can't make a logical argument, admit you're wrong, or act in a manner that shows you are worthy of the respect you demand.

Hahahahaha!

I rename you Ward Jr.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: June 17, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: June 17, 2021, 04:51:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/us/california-drought-oroville-power/index.html

As I was saying...
A California reservoir is expected to fall so low that a hydro-power plant will shut down for first time

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: June 17, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: June 17, 2021, 04:59:40 PM »

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" ...is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence....

Why would he bother,  when you've provided that evidence so amply in your own posts here.

The Council of the Woke has spoken. Therefore, no evidence need be shown.

That's who you've become.

Sad.

People wake up to your skank-ass malignancy every day. There’s like 6 billion people in the council already. The rest just haven’t heard of you yet.

If you watched Spike Lee movies instead of just tacking his name on your endless verbal diarrhea fountain, you’d know something about father roles in his films and their treatment of Black parenthood.

You don’t you insipid cess pot, so you fucking clown yourself proving yet more evidence of how far you’ve slid off your nut, you hopeless wanna be cunt lip.   
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:06:21 PM by facilitatorn »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9790 on: June 17, 2021, 05:05:55 PM »

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

If you think they’re good people then I’m sure glad I’ll most likely never meet those motherfuckers.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: June 17, 2021, 05:09:00 PM »

And you continue to expose yourself, as Kid does himself.

I'm glad Kid is a nice guy.

But "only if you gave him reason" for Kid includes harsh words, whether or not richly deserved.

He made a threat that is only permissible on the internet.

You have no problems with that threat, because you, too, exhibit internet machismo.

You keep insisting that we know nothing about you from your posts. I think you give away more than you ever intended to. And could Kid kick me to the curb? Quite possibly.

SO THE FUCK WHAT?!

Might makes right?!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: June 17, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »

I’d totally dump my beer on Kiid, even if it were good beer, even if I were very thirsty.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9793 on: June 17, 2021, 05:20:08 PM »

Ya don’t say...

Nearly a dozen of the Fox News guests the network has presented as concerned parents or educators who oppose the teaching of so-called “critical race theory” in schools also have day jobs as Republican strategists, conservative think-tankers, or right-wing media personalities, according to a Media Matters review.

Critical race theory is an academic legal framework which examines the systemic impact of racism in the United States. But “critical race theory,” like “cancel culture” and “political correctness” before it, also functions as an umbrella term the right-wing movement uses to turn its mostly white adherents’ racial anxiety into political energy.

In this case, a sophisticated, nationwide network of conservative think tanks, advocacy groups, media outlets, and GOP officials have seized on the term and, in the words of Christopher Rufo -- a senior fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute and a key player in the effort -- sought to render it “toxic” and apply to it “the entire range of cultural constructions that are unpopular with Americans.” Republicans have proposed or passed a slew of legislation restricting “critical race theory” and hope to use it as a core part of their political strategy in upcoming local, state, and federal elections.”

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/foxs-anti-critical-race-theory-parents-are-also-gop-activists

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: June 17, 2021, 05:20:35 PM »

Can we stop with the asinine faux-physicality?
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2927