Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751932 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13455 on: August 05, 2021, 01:52:29 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/moderna-recommends-third-shot-vaccine-142700542.html

Moderna said Thursday that people will likely need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose to protect against future mutations of the coronavirus, touting the “robust” antibody response generated by the additional shot.

Vaccine developers at Moderna “are looking forward towards our vision of a single dose annual booster that provides protection against COVID-19, flu and [respiratory syncytial virus] for adults. … We believe this is just the beginning,” CEO Stephane Bancel said.

COVID-19 HOSPITALIZATIONS AT RECORD HIGHS IN SEVERAL SOUTHERN STATES AMID DELTA SURGE

The company has conducted studies to determine the benefits of administering a third “booster” shot of its two-dose vaccine to protect against the highly contagious delta variant that accounts for a majority of COVID-19 cases, as well as any future strains of the virus that develop.

Moderna’s Phase 2 trial of a 50-microgram booster dose generated a strong immune response against the delta, gamma, and beta variants — all of which seem to spread more easily and quickly than other variants, which could lead to more COVID-19 outbreaks. The third dose produced an antibody response nearly as strong as the response generated in previously unvaccinated people who received the first two doses of the vaccine.

The company also reported that its two-dose vaccine created lasting immunity months after receiving the second shot. The vaccine was still 93% effective after six months, compared to an efficacy rate of about 94% two weeks after received the second shot.

Change "likely need" to "be offered".
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #13456 on: August 05, 2021, 01:56:40 PM »

Realist moment here:  let them have voter ID (which can at least be responded to in each state with drives for state ID cards for the two percent or whatever who don't have picture IDs) and then focus on the nitty gritty of a guaranteed period of early voting, mandatory availability of no-excuse mail voting, a broad new automatic voter registration system, Sunday voting,  and demographic-neutral districts.   And easy access to registrars,  fully supplied and funded to issue IDs.   We can get people over the ID hurdle,  which a majority seems okay with (probably due to most people have IDs and really don't think about those who don't), and that's one less thing the hysterics can cry fraud about.   Let the cocksuckerd have their "solution" to a nonexistent problem.
A realist moment?
LOL!
The only thing that is “ nonexistent” is your understanding of Federalism.

You must have missed my centrist suggestion of making a large concession to your party on the matter of voter ID.   You really are the poster child of functional illiteracy.

As for federalism,  I understand the Supremacy Clause better than you do,  apparently.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: August 05, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »

That you heard it? Sure. Whatever.

Disproven already.

Fun with numbers

heh

Find a group of em to say what you want

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changed its guidance to recommend everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in Covid-19 hot spots. A study of an outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts, found around three-quarters of people infected there were vaccinated. As cases increase nationwide, it’s understandable to think that breakthrough cases (infections in vaccinated people) are now a main driver of the ongoing Covid-19 surge.

But the evidence is clear: The problem is the unvaccinated population. If more people got the vaccines, the current surge wouldn’t be as big; it certainly wouldn’t lead to the levels of hospitalization and death now seen across the US. This was true months ago, and remains true today.

Unvaccinated people still make up the vast majority of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. They’ve made up more than 94 percent of reported Covid-19 cases in states with available data, a report last week from the Kaiser Family Foundation found. They’ve also made up similar, or higher, shares of hospitalizations and deaths.

https://www.vox.com/22602039/breakthrough-cases-covid-19-delta-variant-masks-vaccines

The Ultimate Knuckleheads, as Governor Murphy calls them. https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/gov-murphy-to-anti-vaxxers-you-are-the-ultimate-knuckleheads/2913649/

Gotta love the knuckleheads who want to "wait and see", as found here: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/

"Wait and see" what? "Wait and see" if they have Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone

GFY, Knuckleheads!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13458 on: August 05, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday, however, that the White House does not believe most Americans care whether or not the president's policies are legal.

What an admission of total incompetence by the Adminustration.

Except that didn't happen, lying partisan cocksucker that you are.

When Ward copy-pastes unsourced fragments,  I usually just figure they are misleading spin or false.   And skip them.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: August 05, 2021, 02:02:06 PM »

Someone who knows what is really going on and has every right to be pissed off about it: I am angry that the tragic scenes of prior surges are being played out yet again, but now with ICUs primarily filled with patients who have chosen not to be vaccinated. I am angry that it takes me over an hour to explain to an anti-vaxxer full of misinformation that intubation isn’t what “kills patients” and that their wish for chest compressions without intubation in the event of a respiratory arrest makes no sense. I am angry at those who refuse to wear “muzzles” when grocery shopping for half an hour a week, as I have been so-called “muzzled” for much of the past 18 months.

I cannot understand the simultaneous decision to not get vaccinated and the demand to end the restrictions imposed by a pandemic. I cannot help but recoil as if I’ve been slapped in the face when my ICU patient tells me they didn’t get vaccinated because they “just didn’t get around to it.” Although such individuals do not consider themselves anti-vaxxers, their inaction itself is a decision — a decision to not protect themselves or their families, to fill a precious ICU bed, to let new variants flourish, and to endanger the health care workers and immunosuppressed people around them. Their inaction is a decision to let this pandemic continue to rage.

I am at a loss to understand how anyone can look at these past months of the pandemic — more than 600,000 lives lost in the U.S. and more than 4 million worldwide — and not believe it’s real or take it seriously.

And meanwhile, immunocompromised people, for whom vaccines don’t generate much immunity, are desperately waiting for herd immunity. I have no way to comfort my rightfully outraged transplant patients who contracted COVID-19 after isolating for over a year and getting fully vaccinated as soon as they could. With angry tears, these patients tell me it’s not fair that there are people who are choosing to endanger both themselves and the vulnerable people around them. They feel betrayed by their fellow citizens and they are bitter and angry. I cannot blame them. 

I am at a loss to understand how anyone can look at these past months of the pandemic — more than 600,000 lives lost in the U.S. and more than 4 million worldwide — and not believe it’s real or take it seriously. But the unhappy truth is that there are people who do not. They did not in the beginning and many are doubling down now.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/icu-doctor-health-care-workers-unvaccinated-patients_n_6102ad2ae4b000b997df1f17
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #13460 on: August 05, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »

Says the forum's master baiter.

Aren't you on sabbatical from the forum? Or was that just another empty promise?

Those who say they are leaving seldom do.

Those who are leaving JUST do.

I read his post,  which said he would stop by and look in.   Which one assumes is what he did.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: August 05, 2021, 02:03:58 PM »

Moderna said Thursday that people will likely need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose to protect against future mutations of the coronavirus, touting the “robust” antibody response generated by the additional shot.

Vaccine developers at Moderna “are looking forward towards our vision of a single dose annual booster that provides protection against COVID-19, flu and [respiratory syncytial virus] for adults. … We believe this is just the beginning,” CEO Stephane Bancel said.

COVID-19 HOSPITALIZATIONS AT RECORD HIGHS IN SEVERAL SOUTHERN STATES AMID DELTA SURGE

The company has conducted studies to determine the benefits of administering a third “booster” shot of its two-dose vaccine to protect against the highly contagious delta variant that accounts for a majority of COVID-19 cases, as well as any future strains of the virus that develop.

Moderna’s Phase 2 trial of a 50-microgram booster dose generated a strong immune response against the delta, gamma, and beta variants — all of which seem to spread more easily and quickly than other variants, which could lead to more COVID-19 outbreaks. The third dose produced an antibody response nearly as strong as the response generated in previously unvaccinated people who received the first two doses of the vaccine.

The company also reported that its two-dose vaccine created lasting immunity months after receiving the second shot. The vaccine was still 93% effective after six months, compared to an efficacy rate of about 94% two weeks after received the second shot.

Change your underwear, kid, you're in full denial of reality. Your full embrace of the willful ignorance is noted.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: August 05, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »

Some states are setting hospitalization records. Florida reported 11,515 hospitalizations for COVID-19 on Tuesday, surpassing the previous high of 10,170 reached in July 2020.

Louisiana also reached a new high of 2,112 hospitalizations. The previous peak of 2,069 occurred on Jan. 7.

Other states in the Deep South have seen steep increases in hospitalizations over the last month. During July, the seven-day average of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Mississippi rose from 177 to 783, and in Alabama, it rose from 291 to 1,280, according to data from the New York Times.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: August 05, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »

Realist moment here:  let them have voter ID (which can at least be responded to in each state with drives for state ID cards for the two percent or whatever who don't have picture IDs) and then focus on the nitty gritty of a guaranteed period of early voting, mandatory availability of no-excuse mail voting, a broad new automatic voter registration system, Sunday voting,  and demographic-neutral districts.   And easy access to registrars,  fully supplied and funded to issue IDs.   We can get people over the ID hurdle,  which a majority seems okay with (probably due to most people have IDs and really don't think about those who don't), and that's one less thing the hysterics can cry fraud about.   Let the cocksuckerd have their "solution" to a nonexistent problem.
A realist moment?
LOL!
The only thing that is “ nonexistent” is your understanding of Federalism.

You must have missed my centrist suggestion of making a large concession to your party on the matter of voter ID.   You really are the poster child of functional illiteracy.
As for federalism,  I understand the Supremacy Clause better than you do,  apparently.
Since Voter ID is universally popular among all demographics your “ concession” is kinda pointless.
And your knowledge of Federalism indicates a lack of a basic American education.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:40 PM »

It didn't happen, but it's largely true.

His supporters mostly don't mind if he crosses the line for the good of all.
How is giving unelected bureaucrats the power to seize private property “ for the good “of anybody.?

You’ve turned against the border wall finally. Glad you finally woke up.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday, however, that the White House does not believe most Americans care whether or not the president's policies are legal.

What an admission of total incompetence by the Adminustration.

Except that didn't happen, lying partisan cocksucker that you are.

When Ward copy-pastes unsourced fragments,  I usually just figure they are misleading spin or false.   And skip them.
Your mistake.
I thought you knew how to Google.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: August 05, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »

News Flash!

Updated: 2:19 PM EDT August 5, 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Franklin County Municipal Court will not comply with the recent eviction moratorium order issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC approved a new eviction order this week to temporarily halt evictions through Oct. 3 in counties with substantial and high levels of COVID-19 spread.

Judge Ted Barrows announced the decision to continue with evictions is based on a ruling from an appeals court last month.

In a statement released Thursday, Judge Barrows cited the July 23 ruling by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati that found the CDC lacked authority for the national moratorium it imposed last year on most residential evictions to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Because of that ruling, courts in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee are not bound by the latest moratorium, the release states.
In accordance with the ruling, Franklin Count Municipal Court will not follow the eviction moratorium order and will continue to accept and process eviction filings.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: August 05, 2021, 02:50:11 PM »

That you heard it? Sure. Whatever.

Disproven already.

Fun with numbers

heh

Find a group of em to say what you want

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changed its guidance to recommend everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in Covid-19 hot spots. A study of an outbreak in Provincetown, Massachusetts, found around three-quarters of people infected there were vaccinated. As cases increase nationwide, it’s understandable to think that breakthrough cases (infections in vaccinated people) are now a main driver of the ongoing Covid-19 surge.

But the evidence is clear: The problem is the unvaccinated population. If more people got the vaccines, the current surge wouldn’t be as big; it certainly wouldn’t lead to the levels of hospitalization and death now seen across the US. This was true months ago, and remains true today.

Unvaccinated people still make up the vast majority of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. They’ve made up more than 94 percent of reported Covid-19 cases in states with available data, a report last week from the Kaiser Family Foundation found. They’ve also made up similar, or higher, shares of hospitalizations and deaths.

https://www.vox.com/22602039/breakthrough-cases-covid-19-delta-variant-masks-vaccines

The Ultimate Knuckleheads, as Governor Murphy calls them. https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/gov-murphy-to-anti-vaxxers-you-are-the-ultimate-knuckleheads/2913649/

Gotta love the knuckleheads who want to "wait and see", as found here: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/

"Wait and see" what? "Wait and see" if they have Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone

GFY, Knuckleheads!

Why do you care?  Doesn't affect you.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: August 05, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »

Change your underwear, kid, you're in full denial of reality. Your full embrace of the willful ignorance is noted.

The booster will be akin to a flu shot

Of course Moderna wants to publici$e it as nece$$ary.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:00:35 PM by kidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: August 05, 2021, 03:02:41 PM »

News Flash!

Updated: 2:19 PM EDT August 5, 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Franklin County Municipal Court will not comply with the recent eviction moratorium order issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC approved a new eviction order this week to temporarily halt evictions through Oct. 3 in counties with substantial and high levels of COVID-19 spread.

Judge Ted Barrows announced the decision to continue with evictions is based on a ruling from an appeals court last month.

In a statement released Thursday, Judge Barrows cited the July 23 ruling by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati that found the CDC lacked authority for the national moratorium it imposed last year on most residential evictions to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Because of that ruling, courts in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee are not bound by the latest moratorium, the release states.
In accordance with the ruling, Franklin Count Municipal Court will not follow the eviction moratorium order and will continue to accept and process eviction filings.

That’s why it’s common practice across the country to spit in the food of recognized republicans. Sadistic greed prevents them from being able to experience patriotism or any kind of community spirit.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 2924