Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751507 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14535 on: August 21, 2021, 12:10:15 PM »

The NBC story is dated Sept. 2019, BTW.  Cough.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: August 21, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »

Boy,  if we have to spend a trillion dollars per unfriendly Islamic country to protect our skyscrapers,  that's going to get expensive! 

Seems like buying every Fundy Islamist a new IPhone would be cheaper.   Honey,  not vinegar,  know what I mean,  bro?

"Protecting skyscrapers"?

Fuck you, ass-wipe. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YIU ON 9/11? There were thousands of people who never made it home from those skyscrapers, you sanctimonious, inbred twit!

Were you out banging some sheep in Idaho?

'Protecting skyscrapers".

Go fuck yourself.

Way to completely misunderstand point.   Of course we should protect skyscrapers full of innocent people.   Good Lord,  that's the whole point:  tossing a trillion into a corrupt place full of warring factions is a terrible way to protect those lives, and often just drives the recruiting efforts of religious extremists. 

You seem to be a person who always seeks to dig up a fight,  to find the worst way to process anything anyone says.   Must be stressful.

Uh, no, fuckhead. You completely dismissed the victims of 9/11 with that cheap reference.

Now, you're trying to rewrite the original opinion.

And you will never be considered for position of the host of Jeopardy with opinions like this floating on the 'net.

GFY.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: August 21, 2021, 12:41:26 PM »

One the issue of Japan in the USA...

Japan owns Sony Studios in Culver City, and they make movies and music. I think that we need to examine the movies that they have been making in the USA, and we need to examine the music that they have been producing, to see if it is healthy for America. 

I used to have a friend whose family was in love with the Japanese, his uncle lived in Japan and studied Martial Arts and he married a Japanese woman, their family worked for Universal Studios when the Japanese owned Universal and they built King Kong for Universal at the theme park. My friend ended up manufacturing meth, and selling meth to our community, he turned out to be a real scum-bag. Selling meth to Americans is destroying America. 

When I worked at Universal the Japanese owned it, and they paid me minimum wage, I was starving, I finally just quit and went to acting school to try to make myself more valuable by getting more training. But, I never had a chance, and there is no way that I am going to work for Sony. 

Also, the entertainment industry jobs have been going to Canada, and to other countries, we need to examine the message that is being sent by foreign made films that are distributed in the USA. And there was no way that I was going to go to Canada to work. 

We need to have an American made entertainment industry here in Hollywood, California, and we need to make good movies with good messages for the American people. And we need to produce good music with a good message for the American people. 

We need to examine what Sony has been producing for American consumers, and we need to examine what has been happening in Canada with our entertainment industry, and we need start making our own movies and music in America. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: August 21, 2021, 12:50:40 PM »

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is attacking Senate Democrats for supporting what appeared to be a largely symbolic and nonbinding measure opposing attempts to defund the police.

"Tell the House to Remove the Senate’s Anti-Black Amendment to the Budget Resolution," the group tweeted Friday. "They vote on this next week!"

In a prior tweet, they labeled the measure a "universal attempt to silence the demands from the streets."

Passed in the Senate last week, the GOP-backed amendment was geared toward withholding funding from localities that engage in defunding efforts. Multiple outlets covered Democrats' support as a way to avoid a fight with Republicans.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., said at the time that the amendment was a "gift." Referring to its sponsor, Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., Booker said: "This senator has given the gift that finally once and for all we can put to bed this scurrilous accusation that somebody in this great, esteemed body would want to defund the police."

He reportedly told colleagues "not to walk but sashay" to support the amendment.

That statement was apparently a step too far for BLM, however, as they lamented that "NO ONE" in the Senate had their back.

"Make no mistake," the group tweeted, "this is a universal attempt to silence the demands from the streets. This is an attempt to put our movement ‘in check.’ No one, we repeat NO ONE, had the back of our revolutionary movement in the Senate."

I know in NYC and many other areas where crime is on the rise the "demands from the streets"  are for ending the aiding and abetting of criminals, and going after the easy access to guns.

Black, Latino and low-income voters from New York City’s outer boroughs gave Eric Adams a decisive edge in the 2021 Democratic mayoral primary in June. The average median income in assembly districts that the Brooklyn Borough President carried was roughly $55,000, compared to $111,000 in the districts where former sanitation commissioner Kathryn Garcia received the largest share of votes.

Adams dominated every borough in the city except Manhattan, showing that a broad coalition of middle and working-class voters could overpower the wealthiest neighborhoods. Garcia won an overwhelming majority among White voters and those living in Manhattan and brownstone Brooklyn. Still, she couldn’t overcome Adams’s lead in communities of color...

...Adams’s win showcases the power of Black communities outside of Manhattan, who rallied behind the former police captain. Black residents make up 21.8% of New York City and were a powerful force when Mayor Bill de Blasio was elected in 2013.

Black voters showed their strength again during the 2021 primary to help Adams clinch the win: Black residents made up 34% of the assembly districts that Adams won, which encompass areas like Harlem, the Bronx and South Brooklyn. Black residents made up less than 5% of the districts won by Garcia.

Black New Yorkers vote more heavily than other demographics, said Jerry Skurnik, a Democratic political consultant who specializes in demographic analysis. “It’s become almost impossible to win an election without them,” he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2021-nyc-mayoral-analysis/

Eric Adams's plan: https://ericadams2021.com/erics-safety-plan/

For a good piece on how "progressives" need to refine their views on policing, particularly in poor neighborhoods, go here: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/crime-progressives/619569/

Here's an excerpt: I’m sure that many progressives don’t buy the argument that quality policing is essential to controlling violent crime, but many voters do. The recent Democratic primaries in New York City provide an example of how progressives, when they are unable to address the public’s concerns about crime, will pay for it at the ballot box. Although the left found some success down the ballot, capturing the Democratic nomination for comptroller and a number of city-council spots, progressives found themselves overwhelmed in the mayoral race.

Candidates such as Dianne Morales, Scott Stringer, and Maya Wiley, who de-emphasized the role of policing and campaigned on reducing police spending, finished behind moderates such as Kathryn Garcia and the former New York Police Department officer and eventual winner Eric Adams, who promised to beef up the city’s police forces. Although his victory probably can’t be chalked up to one factor alone, polling showed that crime was a major issue for voters. One survey found that 46 percent of likely voters said crime or violence is a “main problem” in New York today. Almost three-quarters of voters said in the same poll that the NYPD should put more officers on the street.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: August 21, 2021, 01:16:33 PM »

Bart you seemed to minimize the 9/11 attacks and the US emotion driven blood lust response to an act of war on our country in our country, that in hours cost 3,000 innocent victims, some of whom I knew well, as just an act of vandalism.

And you seemed to suggest that appeasement of terrorists was an appropriate response to this murderous act of war.

Honey,  not vinegar,  know what I mean,  bro?

No, what did you mean, bro?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: August 21, 2021, 01:40:58 PM »

Like the way you and Red obsessed over Obama?

shhhhh.....

Certainly didnt near as much - and not after he was long gone
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: August 21, 2021, 01:42:34 PM »

Wait - 6000 evacuees and just 300 were American?

Rebuttal, Biden-ites?

Context?   Source?  .

Since the evacuation is now focused (see the pic of inside of C-17, at NPR) on the Afghan support staff who helped US forces,  it would follow that current figures show the bulk is Afghans.  Get some context and report back, eh?

And you are OK with Americans waiting.

No rebuttal, I guess.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: August 21, 2021, 01:54:20 PM »

For anyone complaining about ‘botched’ evacuation of allies from Afghanistan.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-broke-law-visa-delays-afghans-iraqis-who-worked-n1057846

Good catch.

Good diggin by NBC but they - and many of you - shouldn't be so obsessed with the former prez.

"Don't remind us that while we're complaining about Joe (Vacations, people left behind, policies the left won't like) that our guy, whom we still revere and want back did far worse," says Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: August 21, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »

Bart you seemed to minimize the 9/11 attacks and the US emotion driven blood lust response to an act of war on our country in our country, that in hours cost 3,000 innocent victims, some of whom I knew well, as just an act of vandalism.

And you seemed to suggest that appeasement of terrorists was an appropriate response to this murderous act of war.

Honey,  not vinegar,  know what I mean,  bro?

No, what did you mean, bro?

EXACTLY.

KUDOS for expressing that much better than I did.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: August 21, 2021, 02:53:00 PM »

Rebuttal, Biden-ites?

Context?   Source?  .

Since the evacuation is now focused (see the pic of inside of C-17, at NPR) on the Afghan support staff who helped US forces,  it would follow that current figures show the bulk is Afghans.  Get some context and report back, eh?

No rebuttal, I guess.

You’re looking good today, Chico.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: August 21, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »

"In seven short months, Joe Biden has caused America to lose the respect of the entire world. The evidence is clear and his actions are so egregious that he must be impeached"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-impeach-biden-afghanistan-crisis

Pretty damned funny coming from her.

And even funnier coming from you.

You hated and ignored all the polls and comments about Trump's so-called leadership in the eyes of the rest of the world. More is still thought of Joe Biden on his worst day in most of the world than was thought of Trump on his best, except for 2 or maybe 3 countries.

Rest assured, Kid, our opinion of you is right there with that of Trump.
Trump and Biden thought alike on Afghanistan.Both wanted to pull out.
GOP leaders told Trump if he did it would be a disaster.  He listened.
Which explains why he signed the agreement with the Taliban and steadily withdrew troops to meet the May withdraw date of the treaty to the point where there were only 2500 advisors left by the time he left office. Do the right wing web sites you slavishly regurgitate ever think about telling the truth, or do they just assume you are too gullible to fact check?
YOU should do research, not change the subject.
LOL. You cannot even grasp the gist of your own arguments.  Probably because they are not your own.
You dance and evade.
Biden couldn’t wait until, as President, he reversed Trump and rejoined the Paris Accords and the WHO,etc.
Yet he followed through on Trump’s desire to leave Afghanistan even though Trump stopped short when GOPers warned him of a disaster.
Did Biden “ go it alone” or are the democrats united in foreign policy ignorance?
Trump never "stopped short". He continued the withdrawal of troops, through the end of his presidency, with an eye to meeting the May 2021 goal of withdrawal.  There were only 2500 advisors left by January 15. Biden continued a policy set in motion and pursued unceasingly.  And it was the right policy when Trump pursued it, and it is the right policy now.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: August 21, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »

shhhhh.....

1. Bull shit.

2. Trump is not gone, let alone long gone.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14547 on: August 21, 2021, 03:34:31 PM »

Boy,  if we have to spend a trillion dollars per unfriendly Islamic country to protect our skyscrapers,  that's going to get expensive! 

Seems like buying every Fundy Islamist a new IPhone would be cheaper.   Honey,  not vinegar,  know what I mean,  bro?

"Protecting skyscrapers"?

Fuck you, ass-wipe. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YIU ON 9/11? There were thousands of people who never made it home from those skyscrapers, you sanctimonious, inbred twit!

Were you out banging some sheep in Idaho?

'Protecting skyscrapers".

Go fuck yourself.

Way to completely misunderstand point.   Of course we should protect skyscrapers full of innocent people.   Good Lord,  that's the whole point:  tossing a trillion into a corrupt place full of warring factions is a terrible way to protect those lives, and often just drives the recruiting efforts of religious extremists. 

You seem to be a person who always seeks to dig up a fight,  to find the worst way to process anything anyone says.   Must be stressful.

Uh, no, fuckhead. You completely dismissed the victims of 9/11 with that cheap reference.

Now, you're trying to rewrite the original opinion.

Nope.   I spoke of skyscrapers in the meaning of building full of people.   Indeed,  the implication was that their being a place where people are is their value.  The people who worked there had value incalculably far beyond real estate value.  And these endless interventions in faraway lands is a terrible way to protect people.   And no,  that's no "rewrite. "  I've made a good faith attempt to clarify my point, one I've made before here.  If you don't trust in my basic humanity, and loathing of foreign policies that kill innocents,  then please stop posting at me.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: August 21, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »

shhhhh.....

1. Bull shit.

2. Trump is not gone, let alone long gone.

In fact he’s sacrificing the lives of more of his followers to his twist of insane lusts today in Cullman, Alabama.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #14549 on: August 21, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »

Rebuttal, Biden-ites?

Context?   Source?  .

No rebuttal, I guess.

You still provide no context here,  so what am I rebutting?   If some Americans are staying because they are there and want to be there to help at-risk Afghans escape retribution, then that would be rather a different situation,  wouldn't it?   Provide the context and motives,  then I know what I am agreeing with or rebutting.   
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 2924