Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751848 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14835 on: August 24, 2021, 10:43:28 PM »

Never been clear how a country that's a poorly conceived patchwork of about five distinct countries who don't like each other is worth soaking American taxpayers for two trillion dollars because of terrorists who can melt across remote borders whenever things get sticky.   

I'm sure there's a humdinger of a reason!
Funny how you kept your fears quiet during the Obama years.

Astonishing as it now must seem,  I don't post all my opinions here on this board.  My doubts (fears would be overstating) about land wars in Asia have been held since the early seventies.   As LB points out,  we have a welfare program for the war industry.
A welfare program for the “ war industry”?
Boy  I bet that is special.

You should give a listen to President Eisenhower
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:49:04 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: August 24, 2021, 11:46:10 PM »

And we have Oliver Stone, I just love Oliver Stone, and he is French.

Where did you get the idea that Oliver Stone is French, Tony?

Born in America. Served in the American military. Lives in America now.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: August 24, 2021, 11:56:34 PM »

His mother was French.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: August 25, 2021, 12:13:16 AM »

His mother was French.

Of course he is French. Why else would he have this outrageous accent?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: August 25, 2021, 12:54:57 AM »

The Peace Corps volunteers can help in Afghanistan to help to expand farming in Afghanistan, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Corps

We need to bring in more volunteers who are doing things to help people, instead of just doing it for money.

Salute,

Tony V.

Taliban would probably shoot them...they shoot everyone else who tries to change them.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: August 25, 2021, 01:30:54 AM »

Never been clear how a country that's a poorly conceived patchwork of about five distinct countries who don't like each other is worth soaking American taxpayers for two trillion dollars because of terrorists who can melt across remote borders whenever things get sticky.   

Astonishing as it now must seem,  I don't post all my opinions here on this board.  My doubts (fears would be overstating) about land wars in Asia have been held since the early seventies.   As LB points out,  we have a welfare program for the war industry.
A welfare program for the “ war industry”?

You should give a listen to President Eisenhower

He only hears stupid. Besides, Red is more of a Hoover & Nixon kind of guy.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: August 25, 2021, 01:37:54 AM »

“Much has been said about preclearance and thousands of discriminatory voting changes, but in the Shelby decision, the dissent was written by Justice Ginsburg.  And she noted in her dissent the Court’s reasoning in Shelby was nonsensical: ‘Throwing out preclearance when it has worked and is continuing to work to stop discriminatory changes is like throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because you are not getting wet.’

Sadly, the Court has since continued that assault on the ballot.  So, H.R.  4, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, would be a remedy to this assault and to restore the preclearance provision.”

https://yubanet.com/usa/speaker-nancy-pelosi-floor-speech-in-support-of-h-r-4-the-john-r-lewis-voting-rights-advancement-act-of-2021/

Funny how not a single house republican believes his party can win a fair or free election. I expect in most cases they are absolutely right about this.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: August 25, 2021, 07:09:13 AM »

Leaving American citizens behind in Afghanistan at the mercy of the Taliban?
A very bad look. Goes against everything America stands for.
Joe should should tell the Taliban he wants them all...and to give them to him...or else.
Seems Joe doesn't have the will to do anything much to  save them.
My friend told me today that many Americans want Joe court martialled.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: August 25, 2021, 07:25:00 AM »

Your friend sounds very wise.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: August 25, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »

Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do - Neil Sedaka 1960

you totally stink Im taking my money and toys and going home- Joe Biden 2021
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: August 25, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #14846 on: August 25, 2021, 10:14:25 AM »

A welfare program for the war industry?

S&P 500
Total return: 516.67 percent
Annualized return: 9.56 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $61,613.06
Basket of Top Five Contractor Stocks
Total return: 872.94 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase ($2,000 of each stock) today: $97,294.80

Boeing
Total return: 974.97 percent
Annualized return: 12.67 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $107,588.47
Board includes: Edmund P. Giambastiani Jr. (former vice chair, Joint Chiefs of Staff), Stayce D. Harris (former inspector general, Air Force), John M. Richardson (former navy chief of Naval Operations)

Raytheon
Total return: 331.49 percent
Annualized return: 7.62 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $43,166.92
Board includes: Ellen Pawlikowski (retired Air Force general), James Winnefeld Jr. (retired Navy admiral), Robert Work (former deputy secretary of defense)

Lockheed Martin
Total return: 1,235.60 percent
Annualized return: 13.90 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $133,559.21
Board includes: Bruce Carlson (retired Air Force general), Joseph Dunford Jr. (retired Marine Corps general)

General Dynamics
Total return: 625.37 percent
Annualized return: 10.46 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $72,515.58
Board includes: Rudy deLeon (former deputy secretary of defense), Cecil Haney (retired Navy admiral), James Mattis (former secretary of defense and former Marine Corps general), Peter Wall (retired British general)

Northrop Grumman
Total return: 1,196.14 percent
Annualized return: 13.73 percent
$10,000 2001 stock purchase today: $129,644.84
Board includes: Gary Roughead (retired Navy admiral), Mark Welsh III (retired Air Force general)

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/16/afghanistan-war-defense-stocks/

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: August 25, 2021, 10:32:42 AM »

Nuff said.
Only that you missed a lot of good investments.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14848 on: August 25, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »

CNN reporter tweet about Pelosi.

“I asked Pelosi about the deal she reached with moderates when she walked off the House floor.

"What deal?” she responded. "They wanted clarification about how we go forward and that's what we did."

Yeah, I throw tantrums when Democrats do stupid shit but these 9 MMD flexed and slung a bunch of bullshit at the Speaker.

For what?

Make no mistake, they were carrying water for the multi-faced US Chamber of Commerce, and the other folks who don’t like the tax policies in the Big Fucking Reconciliation Bill. These folks figure if the bi-partisan deal passes the House right away then the big bill can be whittled down so that it no longer would be the agent of societal transformation. So Gottheimer took a shot.

Yeah... no.

Boss Pelosi treated them the way Michael Corleone dismissed Senator Geary.

So...Pelosi is a mob boss.

I see.

And a damn good one... if you want to be literal and see the US House of Representatives as rival mobs.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14849 on: August 25, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 2924