Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750664 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16695 on: September 21, 2021, 06:04:53 PM »

From Jeff Stein,  in today's Post... no italics used because they seem to crash my posts now....

The United States could plunge into an immediate recession if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling and the country defaults on its payment obligations this fall, according to one analysis released Tuesday.

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody

Holly Martins

« Reply #16696 on: September 21, 2021, 06:05:35 PM »

The text editor keeps crashing.   Will try again later.   

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16697 on: September 21, 2021, 06:21:44 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/09/21/debt-ceiling-recession-/

It's worth hitting stop-load button to get round the pw
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16698 on: September 21, 2021, 06:23:28 PM »

Anybody who doesn't believe that Republicans are going to regain control of Congress next election is using the wish to be the father of the thought.

I know the Dems can fight off the GOP in the midterms if the moderates let Biden pass his agenda.

"Moderates" is Larry's racist code word used to describe white Dems.

Haters gonna hate.

What set of moderates are fighting the agenda? Clyburn?

Ask yourself why most conservative black people are democrats? Moderate black people are democrats. Progressive black people are democrats.

The only group fucking up the disco are the white moderates.

Reality is a bitch.

You should stop projecting your own racist baggage on me.

I do not hate white people but I sure as hell do not like white people like you.

Of course. You dislike anyone who fucks up your cozy narratives with abject reality.

You dislike anyone who exposes your rank hypocritical thinking.

so, it stands to reason you'd dislike me.

But that doesn't change your comments. You attached the race to the moderates in the party a long time ago. Now you double down.

The "reality" is that you are a racist.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:24:59 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16699 on: September 21, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/21/texas-restaurant-mask-ban/

The owner is an intolerant moron,  not good traits for a restaurateur
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16700 on: September 21, 2021, 06:27:27 PM »

"Progressives"* in the Democratic party fucking up, again: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/democrats-funding-shutdown-debt-limit-513407

*They never fail to walk away from a real fight.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:09:55 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16701 on: September 21, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »

The text editor keeps crashing.   Will try again later.

Moodys has an apostrophe

Figure it out.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16702 on: September 21, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2021/09/18/Big-gap-between-Pfizer-Moderna-vaccines-seen-for-preventing-COVID-19-hospitalizations/stories/202109180045

Which VAX did you get?

Moderna.   This story was posted and discussed a few days ago.   I had a strong reaction to my second shot,  got sick.   So I'm glad it wasn't for nothing.

BTW, I picked this from SIX posts in a row from you,  which kind of gets at my earlier point that people aren't necessarily "ignoring" a story you posted.  Less is more, IMO.

Seven.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16703 on: September 21, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »

Anybody who doesn't believe that Republicans are going to regain control of Congress next election is using the wish to be the father of the thought.

I know the Dems can fight off the GOP in the midterms if the moderates let Biden pass his agenda.

Haters gonna hate.

Ask yourself why most conservative black people are democrats? Moderate black people are democrats. Progressive black people are democrats.

Reality is a bitch.

I do not hate white people but I sure as hell do not like white people like you.

Of course. You dislike anyone who fucks up your cozy narratives with abject reality.

But that doesn't change your comments. You attached the race to the moderates in the party a long time ago. Now you double down.

I dislike assholes.

White, Black, Asian, Latino etc.

You. Are. An. Asshole.

White moderate Democrats are the bane of small d democracy in this day and age because they give oxygen to the racist motherfuckers in the GOP.

Instead of saving our rights they are fighting to preserve an archaic tool of minority tyranny over the Senate.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16704 on: September 21, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »

GREAT NEWS!!!

Joe Biden now understands!

At his meeting with the Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, instead of calling him "that fellow from from under" like last week, he warmly greeted him as "Scott".

Reading from notes on his lap...(great idea, not everyone can know or remember every detail about everything)...he basically said he understands about the Indo-Pacific.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16705 on: September 21, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »

Haters gonna hate.

Reality is a bitch.

I dislike assholes.

You. Are. An. Asshole.

White moderate Democrats are the bane of small d democracy in this day and age because they give oxygen to the racist motherfuckers in the GOP.

Instead of saving our rights they are fighting to preserve an archaic tool of minority tyranny over the Senate.

Heh

Reality is not your thing, clearly. Once again you show you aren't capable of sustaining a POV, let alone proving it.

Meanwhile, the idiots in your wing are giving the GOP another issue to campaign on this fall---they can paint the party as anti-Israel and Pro-Palestinian, thanks to that Iron Dome stunt.

Stupid motherfucking bigots.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16706 on: September 21, 2021, 07:36:47 PM »

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2021/09/18/Big-gap-between-Pfizer-Moderna-vaccines-seen-for-preventing-COVID-19-hospitalizations/stories/202109180045

Which VAX did you get?

Moderna.   This story was posted and discussed a few days ago.   I had a strong reaction to my second shot,  got sick.   So I'm glad it wasn't for nothing.

BTW, I picked this from SIX posts in a row from you,  which kind of gets at my earlier point that people aren't necessarily "ignoring" a story you posted.  Less is more, IMO.

Seven.

If you're having trouble keeping up, don't blame the keener mind.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16707 on: September 21, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »

"Progressives"* in the Democratic party fucking up, again: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/democrats-funding-shutdown-debt-limit-513407

*They never fail to walk away from a real fight.

The Iron Dome money, which Israel views as critical for its protection from rocket attacks, will be included in the annual defense funding bill instead, according to an Appropriations Committee spokesperson.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16708 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:53 PM »

Haters gonna hate.

Reality is a bitch.

I dislike assholes.

You. Are. An. Asshole.

Heh

Reality is not your thing, clearly. Once again you show you aren't capable of sustaining a POV, let alone proving it.

Meanwhile, the idiots in your wing are giving the GOP another issue to campaign on this fall---they can paint the party as anti-Israel and Pro-Palestinian, thanks to that Iron Dome stunt.

Stupid motherfucking bigots.

Iron Dome will get its funding through normal channels,

That is REAL.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16709 on: September 21, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »

Apparently Joe, having not been President before, didn't like anyone Trump liked, and dismissed them.
But now, growing into the office of President he seems to have realised that being 'king' of the free world that is a bad idea.
The President has to, as far as possible, be all things to all people.
US is the largest investor in Australia.
CIA has a base at Pine Gap, Australia.
US drones are guided from the clear skies of outback Australia, reportedly.
US has an annual trade surplus of $28bn with Australia.
Australia has giant telescopes that assist tracking US satellites and space ships to Mars.
etc.
So he can't really just dismiss it and say no to everything.
Big business etc would likely not be pleased.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 ... 2924