Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751430 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18120 on: October 12, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/wx5w8x/amazon-abandons-warehouse-plan-because-san-diego-is-considering-worker-protection-law

Fuck Amazon.

We will protect our workers and the city will continue to thrive.

Come now, how can Jeff afford to send James T.  Kirk up in a rocket tomorrow morning if he pays decent wages and sick days?   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: October 12, 2021, 08:50:11 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/11/trump-nightmare-looms-again/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/11/im-no-democrat-im-voting-exclusively-democrats-save-our-democracy/

Read those.   Both Gerson and Boot underscore the nature of the ongoing threat to democracy.   Whats scary to me is the strong possibility that Trumps health and age mean that a proxy will run in 2024 and will be far smarter and cleverer at feeding the Constitution through a shredder.
LOL!
Barton and YankGuy invoke their inner TDS to change the subject from the disastrous  democrat control at the Federal level which is led by a Joe Biden.

Just how did Americans fare under four years of Trump?

A few facts
Record natural gas and oil production in any our history,  record low minority unemployment, near record peacetime general unemployment, a border secure and illegal immigration under control, Middle East peace with Arab neutrality pacts. Stagflation  was gathering levels of dust in the dictionary, three Covid vaccines in warp speed thanks to Government getting out of the way of private enterprise.

And was has Papa Joe wrought in just 10 months?

The southern border destroyed with inhumane conditions left, an almost immediate return to Middle East hostilities, a humiliating and tragic Biden-led withdrawal from Afghanistan and then his lying that the generals told him to do it, China now leverages that debacle to point out  America no longer supports any ally  and Europe nods in assent.

At home, gas prices have soared. Prior trillion-dollar deficits now seem financially prudent in comparison to multitrillion-dollar red ink. The nation is more racially polarized than at any time in the last half-century. A bleak and venomous woke creed has outdone the hate and fear of the McCarthyism of the 1950s as Biden declares war on us for various thought crimes.

More will likely have died each day from COVID during the Biden first 12 months than during the Trump final year.
Biden demagogued the idea a President is strangely responsible  for all pandemic deaths on his watch. By that criteria Biden is a butcher.

In short Biden said he is a normalist but behaves like a nihilist.

His goal is for democrats to rule as authoritarians destroying the founding documents which established a republic protecting individual freedoms, property rights,  and the rule of law.

Whether the country returns to Trump is not the question.

Rather it is how long we survive under Joe B
Raise your hand if you think Red wrote that by himself.  Raise your hand if you think Red knows what "nihilist" means.  Cool word, Red!!!!
Ah.
So the facts were right, you just didn
I'll be happy to talk to the person that wrote that.
the facts were right you just did not like them when enumerated by me.
I am glad I educated you on nihilism
You still don't get it.  I don't engage with plagiarists.  I mock them.
Oh I get it every time you throw up the white flag to my listed facts du jour.
You can not refute them, so you run out a squirrel.
Plagiarism is theft.  I do not engage with criminals.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: October 12, 2021, 08:54:54 PM »

Suspicion of being an asshole who tints his windows though he knows it to be illegal.

Yes,  the usual penalty for being a paraplegic who tinted windows is being dragged by the hair from your car and dumped on the pavement.   Why don't people appreciate the badge means you can kick a crip's as when the mood strikes?

The police officers offered several times to assist the man from his car.
Black man as it happens.
Also Black cop present.
This man had peaceful solutions.
He chose the hard road.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: October 12, 2021, 09:12:03 PM »

steely resolve every time he is stopped by the police at RBT/RDT sites or wherever (cops can stop me anywhere, anytime for random alcohol and drug testing (marijuana and meth))...no "reasonable suspicion" needed.
Steely resolve to obey all police directions in a pleasant manner.
Actually, meth may be a reasonable suspicion for you.

Though this be madness,  yet there is meth in it.

Hard to imagine Bambu having the balls to scor
e meth unless his hookup is Mrs. Bambu or he is surreptitiously raiding her stash.

Meth is evil and a menace.
Drug dealers must be punished.

Bambu is not above taking legal stimulants to survive.
When older bambu started his outdoors job he struggled a  bit.
He went to the doctor...."I have started a new job and am having trouble with energy."
No problem, Doc prescribed Catovit.
Good stuff Catovit....vitamins with a dash of stimulant.
That doctor left and a new Asian lady doctor took his place.
bambu asked her for new script for Catovit, trying to explain why he needed it.
Lady doctor smiled and said:
"Catovit? I know Catovit, everybody in Singapore take Catovit".
They stopped selling Catovit.
New doctor said Alertonic...it was even better than Catovit.
Take 5mls of Alertonic and wait a few minutes, you can feel yourself turning into the Hulk. :)

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:07 PM »

Legalized amphetamines. Attending a rave, Bambu?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: October 12, 2021, 09:19:50 PM »

Josh, we must all stand up against corruption, regardless of party, it should not be a partisan issue.

And right and wrong should not be partisan issues either.

When I was a limousine driver someone tested me before they hired me, someone offered me a line of cocaine, it was a test, if you do the cocaine then they do not hire you, if you turn down the cocaine then you get the job.

When I was a valet / doorman for Suzanne Pleshette someone left a big wad of cash in a Rolls Royce, I could have stolen the money and the car and I could have went to Mexico with a wad of cash and a Rolls. It was a test. I turned the money in to the guy who owned the car. He made me his personal valet, and I got $100 to park his Rolls and to put the cover on it.

We know how to test people, and we know how to weed out the bad people. If they are doing bad things then we need to remove the people regardless of party.

And we owe it to ourselves to have a good government which helps all of the people regardless of party.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #18126 on: October 12, 2021, 09:41:45 PM »

steely resolve every time he is stopped by the police at RBT/RDT sites or wherever (cops can stop me anywhere, anytime for random alcohol and drug testing (marijuana and meth))...no "reasonable suspicion" needed.

e meth unless his hookup is Mrs. Bambu or he is surreptitiously raiding her stash.

He went to the doctor...."I have started a new job and am having trouble with energy."
Take 5mls of Alertonic and wait a few minutes, you can feel yourself turning into the Hulk. :)

New hit TV series in Oz:  Breaking Bambu

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: October 12, 2021, 10:01:24 PM »

Suspicion of being an asshole who tints his windows though he knows it to be illegal.

Yes,  the usual penalty for being a paraplegic who tinted windows is being dragged by the hair from your car and dumped on the pavement.   Why don't people appreciate the badge means you can kick a crip's as when the mood strikes?

Black man as it happens.
Also Black cop present.
He chose the hard road.

He chose to be black?
He chose to be paraplegic?
He chose to insist on his rights as a human being and an American citizen?

His right was to allow the police officers to peacefully assist him from the vehicle.
He chose another path...said "NO" to the police officers.
So they removed him from the vehicle.
Cops told him he had two choices.
They told him, he chose.
No good complaining when he brought it all on himself.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: October 12, 2021, 10:01:48 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18129 on: October 12, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »

New hit TV series in Oz:  Breaking Bambu

Spit take!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18130 on: October 12, 2021, 10:07:09 PM »

Black man as it happens.
Also Black cop present.
He chose the hard road.

He chose to be black?

His right was to allow the police officers to peacefully assist him from the vehicle.
They told him, he chose.

He had the right to request a supervisor report to the scene.

You seem to forget the police work for US.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: October 12, 2021, 10:20:09 PM »

Legalized amphetamines. Attending a rave, Bambu?

It was the early 90s.
They were a great help, allowing me to continue with my new occupation, self employment.
Raving thru the yardwork. lol
Along the way, experience dictated that I buy 2 Honda self propelled mowers and 2 Kawasaki 2 stroke whipper-snippers/line trimmers...a special trailer.
bambu, dressed like a country gentleman, Alertonic in hand, was the darling of the blue rinse set.
By about 2005 Alertonic was banned.
Alertonic, the friend of the elderly or anyone needing a boost. Many people were very disappointed.
Now you just have to think away the pain, heaven help you if Panadol, and caffeine don't work.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: October 12, 2021, 10:22:32 PM »

I am not surprised to find Bambu was a seeky tweaker his entire professional career. It is enough to explain what drove him to embrace coal and fascism and a white ethnostate under jebus. It just is not nearly enough to forgive him.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: October 12, 2021, 10:27:20 PM »

Josh, we must all stand up against corruption, regardless of party, it should not be a partisan issue.

And right and wrong should not be partisan issues either.

When I was a limousine driver someone tested me before they hired me, someone offered me a line of cocaine, it was a test, if you do the cocaine then they do not hire you, if you turn down the cocaine then you get the job.

When I was a valet / doorman for Suzanne Pleshette someone left a big wad of cash in a Rolls Royce, I could have stolen the money and the car and I could have went to Mexico with a wad of cash and a Rolls. It was a test. I turned the money in to the guy who owned the car. He made me his personal valet, and I got $100 to park his Rolls and to put the cover on it.

We know how to test people, and we know how to weed out the bad people. If they are doing bad things then we need to remove the people regardless of party.

And we owe it to ourselves to have a good government which helps all of the people regardless of party.

Salute,

Tony V.

Are you aware that one of our partisan parties does not want "good government", and in fact,
they would rather have no democracy at all?

With republicans now embracing corruption to the exception of everything else save cruelty, people of all parties identities and views, when they stand against corruption, stand against republicans first and foremost until the republican party is defeated, disempowered, dismembered, and destroyed. It is a worthwhile fight to join. When you vanquish the republican party you save the United States of America and all the good a free strong nation can possibly do in the world.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: October 12, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »

Black man as it happens.
Also Black cop present.
He chose the hard road.

He chose to be black?

They told him, he chose.

Your understanding of the rights of Americans is On par with your
misunderstanding of the concept of "excessive force".
Best you stay in your basement and pretend you are living the good life.
Ignorance is bliss.

Cops said he could have a supervisor come...I see it all the time in Youtube videos.
...but that he had to exit the vehicle first.
No way he wanted to exit the vehicle so the K-9 could check it. Why?
Not because he was a paraplegic?
Any supervisor who arrived, should have, in this case, backed his/her officers.
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2924