Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 2785

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652330 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21225 on: November 23, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »

And does this if you have a history of petty crimes means you are not a victim apply to getting killed by not cops? Like if one.of those grannies at the Wisconsin parade had been caught a couple times selling her oxycontin to buy food, can we.call her a pusher rather than a victim and shrug off her death?

Thumbs up.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21226 on: November 23, 2021, 11:05:23 AM »

News Item
Mary Lemanski resigned from her position as social media director of the Democratic Party of DuPage County, Illinois, on Monday morning.
Lemanski An Illinois Democrat portrayed  the Christmas parade tragedy in Waukesha, Wisconsin, as a form of payback for the Friday acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha.

Good move, the resigning.   Courts are where we figure out what happened.  Too many people in media think they make their living off of inducing hyperventilation.
What court is created to expose stupidness?
Public opinion.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21227 on: November 23, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »

Do any of you agree with Ms Goldberg - that it was murder?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/whoopi-goldberg-kyle-rittenhouse-murder-acquittal

Cold blooded murders perpetrated by a malevolent psychotic.

Immature teen pumped up on maga-prop, imagining he is the future cop and hero he was training to be.   And that is what is scary.   You do not need to be psychotic to help bring this kind of chaos.   Just naive.
Nice fiction.
Not surprising coming from you.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21228 on: November 23, 2021, 12:01:52 PM »

News Item
Mary Lemanski resigned from her position as social media director of the Democratic Party of DuPage County, Illinois, on Monday morning.
Lemanski An Illinois Democrat portrayed  the Christmas parade tragedy in Waukesha, Wisconsin, as a form of payback for the Friday acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha.

Good move, the resigning.   Courts are where we figure out what happened.  Too many people in media think they make their living off of inducing hyperventilation.
What court is created to expose stupidness?
Public opinion.
Generally you just expose yourself.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21230 on: November 23, 2021, 12:06:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/22/politics/gary-fielder-ernest-john-walker-fees-election-lawsuits/index.html

More "conservative" lawyers being held responsible for the farce of a conspiracy theory.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21231 on: November 23, 2021, 12:32:26 PM »

And does this if you have a history of petty crimes means you are not a victim apply to getting killed by not cops? Like if one.of those grannies at the Wisconsin parade had been caught a couple times selling her oxycontin to buy food, can we.call her a pusher rather than a victim and shrug off her death?

Thumbs up.

Conflate much?

If the granny was a habitual criminal and made life choices that put her in a position to willfully confront and act in a threatening manner with authorities while she was breaking the law, then you could question her.

But that's a silly and specious argument that you're making.

Bottom line, if a motherfucking asshole does asshole things and dies as a result of or as a by-product of his/her/their continued willful patterns of risk behavior, they/he/she do/does not then become fucking Mother Teresa or Jesus merely because you wish to use their death as a way to advance your political cause.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #21233 on: November 23, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »

Strawman much?  Asking for lawful enforcement (as in, not publicly executing unarmed people) is not canonizing or beatifying the victim of a police killing.  When ordinary folk like me ask for professionality and lawful conduct from our police forces, we are not trying to advance a political cause, just trying to get public safety, even for the assholes.  You of all people should value that last part.

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: November 23, 2021, 01:37:57 PM »

Strawman much?  Asking for lawful enforcement (as in, not publicly executing unarmed people) is not canonizing or beatifying the victim of a police killing.  When ordinary folk like me ask for professionality and lawful conduct from our police forces, we are not trying to advance a political cause, just trying to get public safety, even for the assholes.  You of all people should value that last part.

Thumbs up.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21236 on: November 23, 2021, 02:01:41 PM »

People are moving out of California, and some people are saying that the California Dream is over. People need to re-learn how to have fun, and people need to remember the things which made California great in the first place.

The farm workers need to have nice music playing when they are working, they can dance as they pick oranges. Then, after work the farm workers can go surfing in the Pacific Ocean, surfing is free, all you need is a board and a wet suit. Then after the workers go surfing, they can have a barbecue, etc. And the young people can have parties on the beach like Annette Funicello in "Beach Blanket Bingo." On the weekends the workers can have parties with kegs of beer and with roasted pigs, and with dancing, etc.

Teenagers have always been poor, and California has always been a favorite of the teens because of our beaches, and surfing, and beautiful girls, and parties, which are mostly all free. It is free to listen to music and dance, and to surf, and love is free.

And Hollywood is part of the California Dream, we need to bring the movie jobs back to Hollywood. We have great schools, we have USC film school, we have the Dodge film school at Chapman, we have the AADA which is training actors, etc. And people need to make enough money to be able to afford the California Dream.

There are other things that we can do such as building high speed trains, and more subways, and building more cheap studio apartments, and cheap hostels, etc.

Those are a few thoughts...

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: November 23, 2021, 02:11:01 PM »

The conversation was initiated around the career criminal out on bail for using his car to assault his pregnant girlfriend. Plus, he was given access to his car.

Now you have a major tragedy..

But fucking up in the justice system is a knife that cuts both ways.

Here's another example:

https://www.newsweek.com/man-once-pardoned-chris-christie-gun-charge-arrested-attempted-murder-1652543

You can follow a thread, can't you?

Maybe you could also work on not taking a different opinion than yours so personally. That's Larry Loser's gig.

Get your own.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:15:00 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21238 on: November 23, 2021, 02:26:56 PM »

It is where every reasonable human being stands on law enforcement for public safety vs. the badged vigilanteism you try to promote.

You brought George Floyd and Eric Garner into the conversation, but your racist spark did not catch.

It is another sign you are all wet though you still badly need to be hosed down to somewhat mitigate your ever ripening stank.

Richard P. Feynman

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #21239 on: November 23, 2021, 02:28:29 PM »

Thank you, gentlemen,

Nice to see you as well.

I see the whole gang seems to have survived, forgive me if I haven't noticed a departed friend (or foe).

Flying to the Coast West first flight out from Newark. Lookit me! Travelling on the busiest day of the year. I'm practically domesticated!

Thanks for giving me happy. Maybe ( Tony V., you inspire me too) if we looked at it as Thanks Forgiving Day, we'd all be happier.

Got to go pack, but first, a theater review.

PLAU
I'M
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 2785