Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 2782

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651848 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22035 on: December 10, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »

If Roe vs Wade is over-turned, then it becomes a state battle I guess, some states say they will ban abortions as soon as Roe vs Wade is over-turned, and California is saying that they will be a sanctuary for people who want to have abortions and that people from all over the USA will be able to come to California for free abortions.
Rich and middle class people at least. Teens with good support systems. But if you are rural poor in South Texas or a teen who has family issues you are fucked again. I oppose abortion but I oppose even more it being a right for the well to do only.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: December 10, 2021, 03:26:59 PM »

As prices for cars, gasoline, insurance, etc, tires, etc, are rising, then many people are no longer going to be able to afford to own cars.

And as jobs are leaving the nation, and as our streets are full of homeless people, we can help people, but they are going to have to give up their cars.

If you have a choice between living in an apartment, or owning a car, pick the apartment and ride a bicycle and use public transportation, etc.

If you give a homeless person a free apartment and $750 per month then they can survive, with free medical insurance and free prescription medications, etc. But, they will not be able to afford to drive.

In the new world people are going to have to give up their cars, and more people will be using public transportation. So, we need to build new high speed trains, and more subways, etc, and there needs to be security guards on the public transportation, etc.

People will survive in the new world, but people are not going to be owning cars.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: December 10, 2021, 03:51:57 PM »

The great lie of the Congressional democrats is exposed, again.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found the Build Back Better Act would cost $3 trillion, far higher than its alleged $1.75 trillion price tag.

The democrat lie that it is all paid for is, according to the CBO, because many programs in the bill have expiration dates that will never happen.

The CBO notes:

Child care and preschool funding; the provision would cost $752 billion if it were made permanent instead of ending after 2027
The increased state and local tax (SALT) deduction would cost $752 billion if the bill were to remove limits on the deduction after 2025
Affordable Care Act (ACA) subsidies would cost $220 billion instead of $74 billion if ACA subsidies were made permanent instead of expiring after 2025 and 2026
The increased earned income tax credit (EITC) would cost $135 billion instead of $13 if were made permanent instead of ending after 2022.

The Senate GOP and democrat Joe Manchin all understand that once a federal program is created it will have no chance of being ended.
The 49 remaining Senators do, too. But like Nancy Pelosi, and Biden their interest is strictly based on power.
The power of the Federal Government to overrule 50 states and make a mockery of our Constitution.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22038 on: December 10, 2021, 04:03:39 PM »

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found the Build Back Better Act would cost $3 trillion, far higher than its alleged $1.75 trillion price tag.

The democrat lie that it is all paid for is, according to the CBO, because many programs in the bill have expiration dates that will never happen.

The CBO notes:

Child care and preschool funding; the provision would cost $752 billion if it were made permanent instead of ending after 2027
The increased state and local tax (SALT) deduction would cost $752 billion if the bill were to remove limits on the deduction after 2025
Affordable Care Act (ACA) subsidies would cost $220 billion instead of $74 billion if ACA subsidies were made permanent instead of expiring after 2025 and 2026
The increased earned income tax credit (EITC) would cost $135 billion instead of $13 if were made permanent instead of ending after 2022.

The Senate GOP and democrat Joe Manchin all understand that once a federal program is created it will have no chance of being ended.
The 49 remaining Senators do, too. But like Nancy Pelosi, and Biden their interest is strictly based on power.
The power of the Federal Government to overrule 50 states and make a mockery of our Constitution.

So raise taxes on the wealthy and divert funds from the NDAA and then sit down and shut up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: December 10, 2021, 04:19:53 PM »

Red has ceded from the Union but he requests that the government still sends him welfare checks at the Cracker Barrel where he is holing up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: December 10, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »

We need to be more like the Greeks, where we can be happy with a good library and a good telescope, and with good food and with good people. And for the poor people it is essential to get back to the basics of reading and learning and thinking and studying, in order to learn and grow. And the Greeks have that great island mentality. Then, after one learns, and when one is older, one might be able to teach other people, as a writer, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22041 on: December 10, 2021, 05:03:23 PM »

We need to be more like the Greeks, where we can be happy with a good library and a good telescope, and with good food and with good people. And for the poor people it is essential to get back to the basics of reading and learning and thinking and studying, in order to learn and grow. And the Greeks have that great island mentality. Then, after one learns, and when one is older, one might be able to teach other people, as a writer, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gee, it was not that long ago when the GOP accused Obama of turning the USA into Greece...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: December 10, 2021, 05:28:53 PM »

Michael Nesmith takes the last train to Clarksville.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: December 10, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »

If Roe vs Wade is over-turned, then it becomes a state battle I guess, some states say they will ban abortions as soon as Roe vs Wade is over-turned, and California is saying that they will be a sanctuary for people who want to have abortions and that people from all over the USA will be able to come to California for free abortions.
Rich and middle class people at least. Teens with good support systems. But if you are rural poor in South Texas or a teen who has family issues you are fucked again. I oppose abortion but I oppose even more it being a right for the well to do only.
I oppose inflation. And I certainly oppose it for the poor and unfortunate. The well to do will survive.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: December 10, 2021, 06:00:53 PM »

The CBO notes:

So raise taxes on the wealthy and divert funds from the NDAA and then sit down and shut up.

Ward ignores two items from the CBO report:

1) It is based on the assumption that everything in it stays for 10 years, which is not what the bill says.

2) It explicitly excludes any of the revenue adjustments that the bill makes.

IOW, it's not a finished number.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: December 10, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »

David Perdue says:
1) I prefer Trump over party;
2) I prefer Trump over truth;
and
3) I prefer trump over winning.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/10/politics/perdue-disproven-2020-election-fraud-claims/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: December 10, 2021, 06:29:49 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Gee, it was not that long ago when the GOP accused Obama of turning the USA into Greece...

We can do that, just like how a Hollywood movie can portray anywhere.

People can go to college in Elko, Nevada, and they can all live like they are in Athens.

Here is a link for the college...

https://www.gbcnv.edu/

Life is how one makes it. And we must always remember what a blessing it is to have leisure time and time to study and to read and to learn. If one has a whole campus full of students who realize how lucky they are, then that is a good start. An attitude of gratitude is the best place to begin.

And instead of shipping on the water, they can help do the shipping of goods around the country, trucks, trains, river boats, etc, shipping on the Great Lakes, etc. They would also be wise to be involved with the global ports, including the ports in Mexico. They can sit there in Elko and control trucking in the USA just as easily as a rich man in Greece controls world wide shipping on the oceans.

It can be a ghetto, or it could be like a Greek island, it is all what people choose to make it.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:31:40 PM by FlyingVProd »

Holly Martins

« Reply #22047 on: December 10, 2021, 07:28:06 PM »

Pretty much where me and the missus stand.  She, because of her Catholic beliefs, and me from what some pundit once called "epistemological humility."  That latter is what drove some on the Old Left, fifties/sixties, to oppose abortion, the idea that the fetus might be a citizen with all relevant rights.  Eventually that colllided with a feminist perspective.  I support the concept that it comes down to personal choice.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22048 on: December 10, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »

Michael Nesmith takes the last train to Clarksville.

I am torked off!

Bill Weeden knew Tork, as I recall, who died a couple years ago.  Of course he seems to know everyone in showbiz.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: December 10, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »

Pretty much where me and the missus stand.  She, because of her Catholic beliefs, and me from what some pundit once called "epistemological humility."  That latter is what drove some on the Old Left, fifties/sixties, to oppose abortion, the idea that the fetus might be a citizen with all relevant rights.  Eventually that colllided with a feminist perspective.  I support the concept that it comes down to personal choice.
How convenient.
So much for following the science.
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 2782