Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745439 times)

Oilcan

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23565 on: January 29, 2022, 10:13:35 AM »

Pantera played Moscow. Great. Did it bring anything akin to peace?

I played in Kiev and Moscow in 1973. It was great. Nobody noticed or cared.

Tell more!  This is interesting, Josh, even if a digress.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #23566 on: January 29, 2022, 10:15:16 AM »

James Hamblin tweet is excellent.  Captures the absurdity of "do your own science."
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23567 on: January 29, 2022, 11:25:32 AM »

A competent reader would understand that is not the same as labeling you are a "lying shut-in".

A competent poster (a) would not make such a specious argument and (b) would have stopped this banal and pointless back and forth ages ago.

The second comment applies to both parties. The first only applies to Ham.

First of these to appear post-midnight EDT 1/28-29/2022 earns a 5 day time out. Then a 30. We'll see what happens at that point.

Any lawyering about what I mean by "these" counts as well, but need not wait until after midnight. That starts the moment this is posted, by my figuring.

Bruh...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23568 on: January 29, 2022, 12:57:57 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23569 on: January 29, 2022, 12:59:38 PM »

http://www.vox.com/22904444/tucker-carlson-hungary-soros-fox-nation-documentary-special

Tucker should go join Rush at his new gig. Maybe they can even move in together. That would be nice.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23570 on: January 29, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »

James Hamblin tweet is excellent.  Captures the absurdity of "do your own science."
Who does yours.?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23571 on: January 29, 2022, 01:49:23 PM »

Who does yours.?

Red posted this between long pulls on his daily cup of urine.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23572 on: January 29, 2022, 01:57:17 PM »

Who does yours.?

I'll bet he doesn't do his own science.  Quite likely he lets engineers with PhDs design the jets he travels on, and biochemists design his medicine.  But, hey, if you prefer Random Man on The Web Who Saw Something on FB to do your science, have at it. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23573 on: January 29, 2022, 01:59:33 PM »

https://archive.fo/jWJAF

WaPo

A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #23574 on: January 29, 2022, 02:06:33 PM »

Exactly

Second that.  (Unless the book is "How to Make Bioweapons and Nerve Gas in Your Kitchen" - in which case I would more likely put blame on the author)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23575 on: January 29, 2022, 03:43:36 PM »

Pantera played Moscow. Great. Did it bring anything akin to peace?

I played in Kiev and Moscow in 1973. It was great. Nobody noticed or cared.

The only way Bon Jovi gets to play in Russia is with Putin's permission. If Bon Jovi's there to try to rile up the Russian people, why on Earth would Putin agree to it?

Condi Rice was National Security Advisor and then Sec'y of State over an 8 year period, with the then president's ear. If she couldn't change our relationship with Russia then, what makes you think she is better equipped to do the job now? Might as well bring back Kerry or HRC. No, I don't think their advice would fis the problem, either.

The problem is that Putin is getting old and is seeing his chance to make his stamp on history fading. We (the U.S.) don't have a way for him to make a mark he thinks is worthy of making without sacrificing far more than we are willing to - and I think that's right.

You want folks to stop thinking about the Soviet era?! The person you need to start with is Putin and good luck with that!

It is not the good people of Russia that might have a ghost of a chance of stopping Putin. It's the bad people - the ones who covet his position and who think his time has passed. A coup is likelier to end this threat than diplomacy is - and I would not rate that highly.

Tell us more about when you played in Moscow and in Kiev.

And it all matters, and God knows our hearts, when we mean well then we are blessed.

And Pantera helped to bring Texas and Moscow closer together, they rocked out together. I am sure Pantera was a messenger of peace, even though the music was hard core.

On the issue of what makes a great leader, I am reminded on the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, who was loved for having led Rome during a great time of peace and prosperity. It would be great if Putin was wise enough to want to be judged by creating peace and prosperity for his people.

And the world needs to include Putin in world activities, we need to get Putin to be a world citizen.

Right now people are sitting around trying to imagine what the other guy is thinking, or they are going by sound bytes, instead of spending time talking with the other guy. Our nations should not be guessing what Putin is thinking, we need to be engaged, we need to have diplomats, and we need to know exactly what putin is thinking. Guys sitting back leaving threatening sound bytes is not diplomacy, and it is not a healthy relationship. We need to have an on-going relationship with Russia and we need to have diplomats.

Putin needs to see the greatness of Antoninus Pius who will be forever remembered for being a leader during a time of great peace and prosperity for his people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 03:50:21 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23576 on: January 29, 2022, 04:34:46 PM »

http://www.rawstory.com/greg-abbott-2656508652/

This shows why republicans do not bother with policy much anymore. It just makes them look more evil and less competent any time they try.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23577 on: January 29, 2022, 05:00:59 PM »

ok, crap pickerrrr...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23578 on: January 29, 2022, 06:36:56 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23579 on: January 29, 2022, 11:23:43 PM »

When I was a kid we used to soak in the natural hot springs in Nevada on the Filippini Ranch.

My parents owned a lot of land sixty miles outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they tried to do a cattle ranch like in the television show Bonanza, but it did not work out. But for a while we had our own commune going on in Nevada, we had a whole bunch of people all living together in Nevada.

Nevada is a great place for the hippies, and for the flower children, and for the immigrants, and for the homeless people, they can have communes at the hot springs.

They can bring in architects from Greece, and from Rome, and from Spain, and they can build apartment complexes like in Santorini, Greece, complete with swimming pools and tennis courts, and they can also be close to the natural hot springs.

Instead of waiting for 5 years for HUD housing, or for the refugees living on military bases, it would be better to build housing in Nevada.

And they can do trade with San Francisco, and they can raise beef for McDonald's, etc. And they can raise pigs, and chickens, etc, and they can help to feed San Francisco.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2921