Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744619 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24000 on: February 07, 2022, 12:25:15 AM »

Since the year 2000 the Black population in America has increased by 29%.
2018 the estimated Black male population in the US was 21 million....48% of the total Black population.
Median age 32.5.
In 2015 51.5% of people arrested for homicide were African American, even though African American people account only for 13.4% of the total US population.

#####

Well there you go.
No wonder cops shoot first?

Mrs. bambu must have got her groove back during her USA travels...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24001 on: February 07, 2022, 12:33:03 AM »

Quote from: Some Idiot
Well there you go.
What percent of homicides were solved in the US in that time period, versus those unsolved?

Once you answer that, we can consider delving into the topics of official misconduct and the manufacture of evidence. Or we can discuss how the construct of whiteness protects those perceived as white against such misadventures in a manner not afforded to those perceived otherwise, like an effective vaccine against a disease if you would prefer.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 12:39:27 AM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24002 on: February 07, 2022, 02:12:43 AM »

There are poor White people who are foster children, or who do not have fathers, who end up homeless who need help just as much as a Black person, or a Mexican, etc, we are all equal, and we need to help the homeless White people and the poor White people just as much as we would help a person of color.

Secretary Fudge keeps talking about wanting to help the Black people, but she represents the White people too, and she needs to help all of the homeless people regardless of race.

In the USA we need to all be equal, and we all need housing, and we all need an education, and we all need jobs, and we all need business loans, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24003 on: February 07, 2022, 02:19:43 AM »

I think you have half the story just right, Tony.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24004 on: February 07, 2022, 02:33:55 AM »

http://youtu.be/8e26YL3-TbE

Every student in America should see this as should all their friends and family.

Maybe their pets too.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24005 on: February 07, 2022, 02:42:49 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/07/donald-trump-incendiary-speech-texas-legal-troubles-experts

This is going to be watching the fish trap fill up and the caught cut themselves to pieces frantically flailing for the aperture.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24006 on: February 07, 2022, 04:04:19 AM »

Since the year 2000 the Black population in America has increased by 29%.
2018 the estimated Black male population in the US was 21 million....48% of the total Black population.
Median age 32.5.
In 2015 51.5% of people arrested for homicide were African American, even though African American people account only for 13.4% of the total US population.

#####

Well there you go.
No wonder cops shoot first?

Mrs. bambu must have got her groove back during her USA travels...

She thinks that overall the best looking men in America were Black men.
Her observation.

From Niagara falls to Florida, Chicago to Vegas, Quad cities to Tucson.
The Marines she held court with at the airport were all Black men.
They talked about guns, war, Marine Corps, sport, Australia etc.
A group of them. some wandered over, they went away, others wandered over
They couldn't believe she was 70.
Nothing new, she goes to parties, weddings, functions etc. Not long before she and the males are gathered talking sport, while the wives and girlfriends find themselves together talking babies, diapers etc.
She is not always popular with them. lol
She's not after their men....just loves footy etc.

Bill Cosby told the Black community how to raise their children so they'd do well in life.
Obviously his words fell on deaf ears.
Now another young Black man is dead....
unnecessarily.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:15:04 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24007 on: February 07, 2022, 04:51:34 AM »

The ignorant people of all races try to pull people down who try to educate and improve themselves and to help to raise their people up, the same way that they vilified Bill Cosby.

When I worked, and learned business and customer service, and when I went to college and to acting school, etc, there were always ignorant people trying to bring me down. I had people who tried to turn me into an illegal drug dealer while I was working and trying to earn an honest living. And after college and after acting school people judged me for not being able to find acting work and for not being able to get my movie that I wrote made, and also I was never able to get my poetry book published, etc, so in their minds I am just a bum and the work experience, training, education, and hard work was all just a waste of time and they criticize me. They tell me that I should have been a welder, or a truck driver, or that I am just a bum and I need to take any job I can get. There are people in my family who cannot even read and write who put me down and try to act superior to me. There are a lot of ignorant people who tear other people down instead of trying to better themselves.

It sucks that Bill Cosby turned out to be a rapist. Bill Cosby was great on Fat Albert and he gave good advice to the children who watched the show, and on his other show he had Black people who were highly educated Black professionals, Cosby did a lot of good stuff.

There are ignorant people who try to maintain their position in society by being bullies, and by putting other people down, instead of by learning and getting an education and by earning their position in society. 

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #24008 on: February 07, 2022, 09:38:19 AM »

Most of your shootings are gang related inner city? Huge fun to some getting an illegal glock and spraying the hood.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24009 on: February 07, 2022, 09:52:10 AM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/06/the-origins-european-thought-inequality/

This is a keystone piece of the globes intellectual puzzle, very thoroughly and diligently suppressed in US culture because of its absolute relevance to our choices and their consequences.

It leads one to see how whiteness and white culture are fundamentally social disease.

I'm a big fan of David Graeber, and recommend any of his books, solo or co-authored.  There is no better historical anthropologist. 

It's rather sad that the founders of this country, after borrowing some ideas about democracy from the principles of the Iroquois Confederacy and using them to shape the Constitution, later chose to characterize native peoples as savages. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24010 on: February 07, 2022, 10:56:55 AM »

The ignorant people of all races try to pull people down who try to educate and improve themselves and to help to raise their people up, the same way that they vilified Bill Cosby.

When I worked, and learned business and customer service, and when I went to college and to acting school, etc, there were always ignorant people trying to bring me down. I had people who tried to turn me into an illegal drug dealer while I was working and trying to earn an honest living. And after college and after acting school people judged me for not being able to find acting work and for not being able to get my movie that I wrote made, and also I was never able to get my poetry book published, etc, so in their minds I am just a bum and the work experience, training, education, and hard work was all just a waste of time and they criticize me. They tell me that I should have been a welder, or a truck driver, or that I am just a bum and I need to take any job I can get. There are people in my family who cannot even read and write who put me down and try to act superior to me. There are a lot of ignorant people who tear other people down instead of trying to better themselves.

It sucks that Bill Cosby turned out to be a rapist. Bill Cosby was great on Fat Albert and he gave good advice to the children who watched the show, and on his other show he had Black people who were highly educated Black professionals, Cosby did a lot of good stuff.

There are ignorant people who try to maintain their position in society by being bullies, and by putting other people down, instead of by learning and getting an education and by earning their position in society. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Amen to all that.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24011 on: February 07, 2022, 11:03:01 AM »

There are poor White people who are foster children, or who do not have fathers, who end up homeless who need help just as much as a Black person, or a Mexican, etc, we are all equal, and we need to help the homeless White people and the poor White people just as much as we would help a person of color.

Secretary Fudge keeps talking about wanting to help the Black people, but she represents the White people too, and she needs to help all of the homeless people regardless of race.

In the USA we need to all be equal, and we all need housing, and we all need an education, and we all need jobs, and we all need business loans, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Amen to that.
There are poor people starving in Kansas, children and adults with not enough to eat, it's not only overseas.
"Supers size" should be banned and the extra sent to Kansas etc.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24012 on: February 07, 2022, 11:24:15 AM »

Truckies are disgracing themselves and their profession in Canada atm.
Carrying on like pork chops.
Should take of their heads and putt on pumpkins, because that's what they look like.
I'd be impounding their trucks, see how they'd be liking that..."national security".
No more honking as the army drives their trucks away.
Army in armoured vehicles, in full combat gear...tear gas, rubber bullets, and live bullet squads to take care of would be takeover militias.
Time to take the country back from the honking terror.
Not only truckies, anti-govt etc protesters have joined
the riot.
Looks like the "keep on marching"
tripe that was allowed in America.

Time for Trudeau to actually DO something about this anarchy, NOW, before he loses his country.
He should close his borders now lest the American "keep on marcing" lot get any bright ideas.

"Oh my Hart, what a mess"!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:28:33 AM by bambu. »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24013 on: February 07, 2022, 12:03:27 PM »

News Items

From Leeuwarden in the Netherlands to Wellington, New Zealand, to London to Canberra, Australia, truckers are hitting the road to send a clear message stop the mandates.
Another group of truckers is planning a protest in the United States, driving to the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C

It is time for Fauci to retire.
The people are in  charge now.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24014 on: February 07, 2022, 01:41:55 PM »

News Items

From Leeuwarden in the Netherlands to Wellington, New Zealand, to London to Canberra, Australia, truckers are hitting the road to send a clear message stop the mandates.
Another group of truckers is planning a protest in the United States, driving to the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C

It is time for Fauci to retire.
The people are in  charge now.

Fuck those mother truckers!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 ... 2919