Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1651 1652 [1653] 1654 1655 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742950 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24780 on: March 02, 2022, 01:31:48 PM »

Asked at one point to explain the crisis overseas in layman terms for concerned listeners, Vice President Kamala Harris responded slowly,

Ukraine is a country in Europe.
It exists next to another country called Russia.
Russia is a bigger country.
Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine, so basically that is wrong.

Oh dear.

Bambu, please take Red's posts with a grain of salt.  He is a master of omitting parts of quotes and other details that provide a little thing we call "context."
Always find a better source than Chelyabinsk Basement Boy, if you can.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24781 on: March 02, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »

Asked at one point to explain the crisis overseas in layman terms for concerned listeners, Vice President Kamala Harris responded slowly,

Ukraine is a country in Europe.  It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine, so basically that is wrong. It goes against everything that we stand for there are terms that we use we say we respect the sovereignty the territorial integrity of countries, right? their independence. Russia has gone into Ukraine militarily unprovoked, with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country.'

We all pray for Biden to stay alive.
Prerty sure you would want the quote in full,.and.presented as she said it, so I am helping out.
Can she see Russia from Ukraine?
Uh, if she stands close enough to the border, yeah. Any sighted person can. I imagine you think that is clever but I cannot imagine how or why.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #24782 on: March 02, 2022, 02:05:54 PM »

Ukraine is a country in Europe.
It exists next to another country called Russia.
Russia is a bigger country.
Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine, so basically that is wrong.

Still can't find the Ukraine thread?  Not to in any way try to persuade you to join us, but you might want to look in the thread next door and see what you have been missing. 

Top of page, directly beneath "home help search profile..." where they show the nested forums, "Escape from Elba > National > Biden Administration > Re: Biden Admn" - just click the Biden link directly to the right of "National" and you will see the menu with both threads.
Red cannot post there until he creates another name. Which he will forget to use, post as Red or ESPN and then pretend it did not happen.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24783 on: March 02, 2022, 02:16:02 PM »

Ukraine is a country in Europe.  It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine, so basically that is wrong. It goes against everything that we stand for there are terms that we use we say we respect the sovereignty the territorial integrity of countries, right? their independence. Russia has gone into Ukraine militarily unprovoked, with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country.'

Prerty sure you would want the quote in full,.and.presented as she said it, so I am helping out.
Uh, if she stands close enough to the border, yeah. Any sighted person can. I imagine you think that is clever but I cannot imagine how or why.

If it were most other posters, I would take it as a comparison between Palin and Harris.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24784 on: March 02, 2022, 02:47:24 PM »

LOL!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #24785 on: March 02, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »

If it were most other posters, I would take it as a comparison between Palin and Harris.
Well, I suppose he could be trying to make the point that his misrepresentation of Harris remarks was a joke like the Tina Fey spoof on Palin, but I doubt it.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24786 on: March 02, 2022, 03:43:35 PM »

I guess when the sanctions kicked in the flow of rubles came to a halt...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/much-hyped-stage-of-freedom-trucker-rally-in-dc-turns-out-to-be-a-complete-joke
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24787 on: March 02, 2022, 03:49:00 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24788 on: March 02, 2022, 04:21:47 PM »

I guess when the sanctions kicked in the flow of rubles came to a halt...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/much-hyped-stage-of-freedom-trucker-rally-in-dc-turns-out-to-be-a-complete-joke

More like American truckers are busy earning a living to keep food on the table in these hard times, don't want their trucks impounded, and think the point of the protest is ridiculous, which it is.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24790 on: March 02, 2022, 04:52:36 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24791 on: March 02, 2022, 04:57:23 PM »

Oh, those pesky polls...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/596559-8-in-10-state-of-the-union-watchers-approved-of-bidens-remarks-poll

Understandable. Nobody wants their children involved in wars.

One day though, in the not-too-far-distant-future, someone is going to have to draw a line in the sand with Russia and China, or the "watchers" will find themselves alone in the world and enslaved.

James Morrow writes in my Daily Telegraph today;

But now that we know the world is in fact home to bad guys who will inflict any horror to get their way, the urgent question before free nations like Australia becomes, "what are we going to do about it?"

#####

And free nations like America for that matter.
US alone would have a hard time beating Russia in a war today, let alone Russia and China combined. But not if the rest of the world were to be in a US-led Coalition Of Nations, CON.
Then America could do some conning of its own.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 05:10:53 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24793 on: March 02, 2022, 10:46:39 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile