Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2117 2118 [2119] 2120 2121 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499054 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #31770 on: October 21, 2022, 10:46:33 AM »

Republicans economic strategy.

Trickle down... piss on your head and tell you it is raining.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-business/fox-business-continues-support-liz-truss-disastrous-right-wing-economic-agenda-despite
They kind of have to go down with that ship. The alternative would be to admit that what they flog as the remedy for this country for this country was an absolute flaming disaster in the UK.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #31771 on: October 21, 2022, 11:16:37 AM »

UK's wilted chamberlain served mainly to increase Labour's popularity and chances to landslide a national election.

To do that in 45 days almost seems like a special skill.  Boris could never have done that, even at his worst.

Holly Martins

« Reply #31772 on: October 21, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »

That hideous pun reminds me that one of my first memories, at age two, was watching The Stilt finish his last season at Allen Fieldhouse.  Dad took me to the game, which I could obviously not follow, and would throw me up on his shoulders so I could see the enormous guys running up and down.  I remember the thunderous sound of the crowd.  Though my diploma says I'm a Cornhusker, I remain a Jayhawker by birth.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31773 on: October 21, 2022, 12:08:58 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/10/21/please-media-stop-pitting-abortion-against-inflation--suck-on-both-issues/

Republicans are running to tank the economy because they are both evil and stupid to unimaginable degrees.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 08:37:10 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #31774 on: October 21, 2022, 12:45:51 PM »

From the (mostly incisive) Salon commentary:

For one thing, they will simply blame Biden for the wreckage, with the understanding that swing voters tend to be low-info voters, and will therefore believe the lie. This is exactly the strategy they ran on President Barack Obama in his first term, artificially drawing out the recession in order to drag down his approval ratings.

Much as I like the term "low-info voter," I resist the implication that supplying more information would change a lot of swing votes.  We need to forget the notion of the rational voter, even if independents sometimes seem rational on the surface.  If voters were rational, they would always greet any blame of an incumbent with a pause to hear the defense and a factfinding search.  Most voters don't want reason and evidence, they want a Style they like wearing and that gets approval from their social circle.  It would take vast squalid tent cities in every park in America, and mile long breadlines and mass graves, before swing voters would actually start trying to find the real story of the economy.  And then they would realize, as the VO puts it in that "Chevron Ad" that Josh posted a while back in Comedy, that the plutocracy "doesn't give the tiniest little fuck about you." 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31775 on: October 21, 2022, 01:52:15 PM »

I think most people would agree about the callous predatory nature of the plutocracy. The place where people tribe up is in which party they feel is more strongly aligned with corporate scoundrels and their trust funded malignant broods.

If we cripple the republican ability to run their scam, the true picture will become much clearer and an unassailable majority will see that while Democrats make plenty of mistakes, and have bad apples and bad actors within their ranks, the republican death cult is simply all bad.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31776 on: October 21, 2022, 02:13:10 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/10/20/2130062/-When-politics-is-fatal-whites-are-now-more-likely-to-die-of-COVID-than-Blacks

You do not have to encourage republicans to self rapture. They are more than happy to do it all by themselves. The important thing is when a republican is ready to go do not let him take you or any decent people with him.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31777 on: October 21, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/10/20/2130062/-When-politics-is-fatal-whites-are-now-more-likely-to-die-of-COVID-than-Blacks

You do not have to encourage republicans to self rapture. They are more than happy to do it all by themselves. The important thing is when a republican is ready to go do not let him take you or any decent people with him.

I remember getting piled on by banks and utley for using the phrase, final solution... so to speak when it became clear the people dying were mostly the elderly (saving a ton of Social Secure benefits) and people on the margins.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/05/19/make-no-mistake-the-reopen-protests-are-all-about-white-privilege/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #31778 on: October 21, 2022, 03:02:05 PM »

plutocracy doesn't give the tiniest little fuck about you.

Succinct and chillling description of the two year, one party, rule  of the democrats.
Stirs memories of Jimmy Carter( I lost 45 States!)
LOL!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:08:16 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31779 on: October 21, 2022, 04:36:21 PM »

plutocracy doesn't give the tiniest little fuck about you.

Succinct and chillling

Dead thing farts again.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31780 on: October 21, 2022, 05:34:44 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/21/tax-revenue-spending-budget-deficit-drop-deficit-00062923

Democratic good government overcomes republican moral failure and dishonesty once again.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31781 on: October 21, 2022, 05:57:28 PM »

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/967956

Prolonged reduction in life expectancy around the world as a result of COVID-19.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #31782 on: October 21, 2022, 08:37:30 PM »

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/967956

Prolonged reduction in life expectancy around the world as a result of COVID-19.
Another total bit of misinformation by Josh.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31783 on: October 21, 2022, 08:38:49 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31784 on: October 21, 2022, 11:27:18 PM »

This year we are going to be hiding CRT in your kids candy. This is your warning!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 2117 2118 [2119] 2120 2121 ... 2718