Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 2785

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 652224 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32445 on: January 03, 2023, 09:22:33 PM »

So I guess you are unable to find the sales figures.
I found them and posted them.
Very disappointing. According to Musk and Wall Street.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32446 on: January 03, 2023, 09:26:38 PM »

Are you really that dense? I asked you to post sales from 2021 and 2022. You did not.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32447 on: January 03, 2023, 09:34:22 PM »

Are you really that dense? I asked you to post sales from 2021 and 2022. You did not.
I did
2022 were not good.
So bad stock tanked
I am beginning to think you are clueless in the workings of capitalism.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32448 on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:10 PM »

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/energy/oil-gas/oil-psus-lose-2-25-billion-in-revenue-since-november/amp_articleshow/90428117.cms

An oil company lost money.

By Red logic, big oil is dead.

It is EVs, bikes or nothing, kids.

Cannot argue with the genius of Red
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 11:28:49 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32449 on: January 04, 2023, 01:11:41 AM »

I did
2022 were not good.
So bad stock tanked
I am beginning to think you are clueless in the workings of capitalism.
2021,.about 935,000 Teslas sold.

2022, about 1.3 million Teslas sold.

Meaning sales."slumped badly" for a 40% increase in sales.

You intellectually dishonest lying twat.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32450 on: January 04, 2023, 03:05:08 AM »

Time to talk about "thermal runaway" from lithium ion batteries in electric vehicles...say 50 electric vehicles parked together under a multi storey building...one catches fire, the "thermal runaway" soon sees them all on fire, the steel in the concrete melting and the building collapsing.

Google "Felicity Ace"...car carrying cargo ship, carrying electric cars etc from Germany to USA...caught fire, sank...some are blaming "thermal runaway" from a failed lithium ion battery that spread fire  to all the vehicles.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32451 on: January 04, 2023, 10:53:04 AM »

From the failing NY Times..

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/04/business/dealbook/tesla-bulls-challenges.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Mr. Musk himself has blamed the Feds aggressive interest rate rises for the sinking share price. But Tesla investors including Ross Gerber, a co-founder of Gerber Kawasaki, think he is too distracted by the travails of running Twitter to focus on righting the ship at Tesla.

Following Tuesdays  stock price drop, a nostalgic Mr. Musk tweeted, 12 months ago, I was Person of the Year.
Mr. Gerber responded, easy come, easy go
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32452 on: January 04, 2023, 01:02:46 PM »

Sales of the Maxwell Model Q did not surge as expected in 1922.  As we all now know, it was the death knell of horseless carriages burning the flammable and dangerous "Gas-O-Line.". It seems unlikely they could ever have solved the technical problems of safely sealing the fuel tanks, or extracting octane with the incredibly expensive fractionating towers needed to produce the fuel in sufficient quantities.  The medical community also hailed the decision to move away from such vehicles, given the many arm and shoulder injuries sustained while crank starting the motors.

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32453 on: January 04, 2023, 06:39:07 PM »

Thermal runaway...another thing invented that can cause me pain.
I was having a nice peaceful life in pre-'Shady Pines' before all this 'EVs Now', 'Renewables Now' nonsense came along.
I'll be giving EVs and their flaming batteries a wide berth, and who could blame me.
Don't think I'll be the only one.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32454 on: January 04, 2023, 07:00:18 PM »

Nothing will cause you as much pain as the internet connection you so wantonly abuse.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32455 on: January 04, 2023, 07:26:36 PM »

Bambu wants everyone in the world to own a gun and to keep said guns cocked and ready to fire. At the same Bambu is terrified of a car battery.

Bambu is the best.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32456 on: January 04, 2023, 07:32:31 PM »

Time to talk about "thermal runaway" from lithium ion batteries in electric vehicles...say 50 electric vehicles parked together under a multi storey building...one catches fire, the "thermal runaway" soon sees them all on fire, the steel in the concrete melting and the building collapsing.

Google "Felicity Ace"...car carrying cargo ship, carrying electric cars etc from Germany to USA...caught fire, sank...some are blaming "thermal runaway" from a failed lithium ion battery that spread fire  to all the vehicles.
Shush!
You will wake up YankGuy!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32457 on: January 04, 2023, 07:32:58 PM »

Bambu wants everyone in the world to own a gun and to keep said guns cocked and ready to fire. At the same Bambu is terrified of a car battery.

Bambu is the best.
Never mind.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32458 on: January 04, 2023, 07:56:09 PM »

Red may have to start charging me rent for the portion of his head I occupy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32459 on: January 04, 2023, 07:56:32 PM »

Bambu is the best.

LOL

You should also be terrified of said batteries, especially if you intend buying an electric car or living in an apartment block with electric cars parked on the floors of the car park underneath.
John [true expert/engineer] at autoexpert.com.au has a series of videos on Youtube ..,. he'll explain it all to you.

Youtube
"The truth about fire risk: Hydrogen fuel cells and battery EVs | Auto Expert John Cadogan"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:13:15 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 2785