Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653918 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32700 on: January 13, 2023, 01:05:08 PM »

Biden's sudden centrist push on immigration

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/13/biden-border-security-democrats

I keep seeing reports about how we need immigration and we are underemployed but what about the homeless in the streets, what about hospitals being strained with the newcomers, jump in crime rates. They are not escaping Nazi Germany or communist Russia. If you cannot survive with your own people you will not thrive in a modern society. Just bring it down to your level. Basically nannies, drug dealers, and gang bangers. Biden finally feels the pain, hears the cries of enough already?

Seems to be.
Took Britain, Italy, and the rest of Europe long enough, but they finally woke to up to the folly of "open borders".

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:20:02 PM by bambu. »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32701 on: January 13, 2023, 02:02:24 PM »

Attorney General Merrick Garland reluctantly has named a Special  Prosecutor to take over
the investigation of  the Classified Documents.

Maybe KidCarter can gives us the Over/Under odds of number of days before Biden decides to forego a second term.
I predict he will not run for a third term. And after he is exonerated, not in the Bill Barr sense, but actually, this issue will have zero effect on his future decisions. And be of interest only in the deranged nether region of the internet you mine for opinions.

He can not be exonerated. He has already admitted mishandling therm.
At issue is the degree of punishment, if any.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32702 on: January 13, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »

They are not escaping Nazi Germany or communist Russia. If you cannot survive with your own people you will not thrive in a modern society. Just bring it down to your level.

My families were not escaping Nazi Germany or.communist Russia. How about your? If your world view was the rule when they came over, where would you be today?
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32703 on: January 13, 2023, 03:53:58 PM »

Attorney General Merrick Garland reluctantly has named a Special  Prosecutor to take over

Maybe KidCarter can gives us the Over/Under odds of number of days before Biden decides to forego a second term.
I predict he will not run for a third term. And after he is exonerated, not in the Bill Barr sense, but actually, this issue will have zero effect on his future decisions. And be of interest only in the deranged nether region of the internet you mine for opinions.

At issue is level of classification.  Accidentally letting staff pack up some letters that may be the Bahamian governor-general thanking you for assistance restoring parrotfish reefs is not the same as hiding then lying about documents on nuclear arsenals....though both can get classified.  Pretty much every POTUS, VPOTUS, and cabinet official has inadvertently taken the former, the latter not so much.  The nature of the newly found documents is TBD.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32705 on: January 13, 2023, 04:28:56 PM »

Biden's sudden centrist push on immigration

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/13/biden-border-security-democrats

I keep seeing reports about how we need immigration and we are underemployed but what about the homeless in the streets, what about hospitals being strained with the newcomers, jump in crime rates. They are not escaping Nazi Germany or communist Russia. If you cannot survive with your own people you will not thrive in a modern society. Just bring it down to your level. Basically nannies, drug dealers, and gang bangers. Biden finally feels the pain, hears the cries of enough already?

Seems to be.
Took Britain, Italy, and the rest of Europe long enough, but they finally woke to up to the folly of "open borders".

The USA is alone as being the only nation where ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, and we made a lot of progress in the 1960s with the Civil Rights movement in the USA, and we passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which is the Equal Opportunity Act, so we all have an equal shot at jobs, and then we have the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which is the Fair Housing Act, so we all have an equal shot on housing. We have Civil Rights, and ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. That is the first thing that people need to learn when they come to the USA.

And this land is your land, and this land is my land, this land belongs to you and me. Like Woody Guthrie so eloquently sang. We all are equal, and we all have the same chance for a job and for housing.

This is not Italy, and this is not France, and this is not Australia, this is the USA and we stand alone as the place that belongs to ALL people equally. The USA is the only nation with a Statue of Liberty telling the world to send us their homeless.

The Unions can help to put our immigrants to work, and then the immigrants need to be able to travel safely on public transportation with everyone else, Greyhound buses, Amtrak trains, Metrolink trains, etc, etc, etc.

The USA is for everyone, and we need to make everyone legal so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency and so that they can join a labor union, and so that they can come out of the shadows, and so that they can safely ride public transportation, etc.

We need to make everyone legal like Reagan did, and then we need to write a new law that includes a Good Neighbor policy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32706 on: January 13, 2023, 05:29:37 PM »

He can not be exonerated.
Liar
He has already admitted mishandling therm.
Liar. Mishandling documents is not the crime. You, PROVEN LIAR that you are, are deliberately omitting the most important word.

- William of Baskerville

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32707 on: January 13, 2023, 05:42:34 PM »

At issue is level of classification.  Accidentally letting staff pack up some letters that may be the Bahamian governor-general thanking you for assistance restoring parrotfish reefs .....

If only that's what it was things would be so easy for the Bidens

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32708 on: January 13, 2023, 06:18:33 PM »

At issue is level of classification.  Accidentally letting staff pack up some letters that may be the Bahamian governor-general thanking you for assistance restoring parrotfish reefs is not the same as hiding then lying about documents on nuclear arsenals....though both can get classified.  Pretty much every POTUS, VPOTUS, and cabinet official has inadvertently taken the former, the latter not so much.  The nature of the newly found documents is TBD.
Only a Departing President has authority to retain classified documents and even that is limited which Trump will soon know.
The degree or level of classification may mitigate any penalties but does not change the point.
Biden broke the rules.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32709 on: January 13, 2023, 07:19:23 PM »

Only a Departing President has authority to retain classified documents and even that is limited which Trump will soon know.
Liar.
The degree or level of classification may mitigate any penalties but does not change the point.
Liar. Degree of classification has no effect on the legal definition of the crime.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32710 on: January 13, 2023, 07:45:53 PM »

Did someone inform Red that when he goes after President Biden as part of right wing reconnaissance in force he is to carry sunflower seeds in his pocket?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #32712 on: January 13, 2023, 10:57:14 PM »

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #32713 on: January 13, 2023, 11:48:08 PM »

"God made man and Sam Colt, and Sam Colt made them equal"

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32714 on: January 13, 2023, 11:56:26 PM »

And so what if a few kids get killed
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 2787